Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Medicine
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Medicine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Medicine

I'm in the process of working on the Medicine system and wondered if anyone had any suggestions on different medicine types.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject:

For anyone's that's curious:

Quote:
Medicine - Knowledge of medical practices, anatomy and so on.

With that said.. my suggestions. Very Happy

Tie massage into the Medicine skill. With higher skill, the better the result of a Medic's massage.. including duration, effect, and possibly even added benefits at really high levels (small increase to natural wound regen rate, small increase to Focus regen rate, etc). Maybe once a non-Medic reaches about 100 or so in the skilll, they could start giving the effects of a Medic's massage? If this comes to pass, though, they should be restricted to the effects of just-created-Medic. I'm not too keen on that, but you gotta give the non-Medics something right?

To go with massages, perhaps new techniques could be taught with relation to one's skill? I can't remember off hand but, when I checked this out a long time ago for you, there were quite a few differen't practices.. more than five, I know that much. Would really be for fluff, I guess, unless you could think up a long list of possible effects.

Would it be possible to have anatomy charts -- or something similar -- for each of the playable races, and when read would give the Medic a temporary bonus to healing/performing surgury/etc on someone of that race? I don't see this working past, maybe, level 15 (or 50ish skill points in Medicine).. but it would be nice, I suppose, for the younger Medic crowd.

Hardcore drugs, yo.

And, with that, my mind has gone blank. Adieu.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject:

heh, I think you misunderstood my question Brokyn, but rereading over my post, I should have been more specific.

I am looking for suggestions on a pharmacutical medicine system (ie. pills).

But since we're on this topic

Massage does take Medicine into effect. I changed that about 3 days ago Smile

I like the idea of anatomy charts, I might do this.

Also I am considering dividing the medicine skill into two seperate skills, Anatomy and Pharmacutical. Any objections/comments about this?
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I am looking for suggestions on a pharmacutical medicine system (ie. pills).

Sorry for the misunderstanding.. I'll standby for my public flogging. But, as for pills and other medicines, StimPacks need to be top priority for this area. Smile Boost your offense (speed, force, etc) at the sake of a reasonably-sized HP hit and lessened defenses (slightly.. maybe -5% or so to damage resistances). I'm having a hard time coming up with any other medicines/pills that would be beneficial that wouldn't be infringing on Alchemy; however, there is a wide variety of negative drugs we can create. <insert evil background cackle.. here>

Quote:
Also I am considering dividing the medicine skill into two seperate skills, Anatomy and Pharmacutical.

Don't do it until we can talk you guys into giving us more skill points per level. Granted, not everyone has to be the best at everything regarding their profession, but most will try to at least dabble in everything.. and this will cause those players to take points away from other areas that may already be lacking. Although, since I have not a single Medic within my character repitoire, my opinion on this matter is probably moot.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject:

Well will those both still be core skills if you do split medicine? I find myself just having enough to keep up with everything I want every level, adding anymore will mess up my balance...<whimper>. I know the game doesn't center around me....though I think I'll suggest that it do sometime later.
 Back to top »
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject:

Professions will still only have 4 core skills, but Yes chances are both of thoes will probably be at least triple trainable for medics if not cores.
Sainji

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject:

The first thing that comes to my mind is poisons and cures for them. Next is stat altering abilities. Cures for diseases that might manifest in the future. Healing potions that affect specific areas that work better than store bought items.

Regards,
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Okay after talking with you a bit to figure out cloesr to what you were wanting what about these for some suggestions:

Pull things like the Tincture of Healing, or vigor from the alchemy lists.
Put them to the medicine list, but add different strengths for higher up.
For example:
level 1 for make a minor tincture of healing which will heal x ammount at most,
level 10 they could study a moderate tincture of healing for x points,
level 20 they get a greater Tincture for x points
level 30 a tincture of full health.....
and maybe level 50 a potion of life restoral, only avaible to be made in single doses,
level 10-20 have a formula like some curative eye cream- for those hard to heal eyes.
then when poisons are live various antidotes and cures for diseases..

Kelasa
No I'm sorry there is no cure for stupidity.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Medicine
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: