FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Survey for Ideas, or "Data Mining" if you will...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Survey for Ideas, or "Data Mining" if you will...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Zoz

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Survey for Ideas, or "Data Mining" if you will...

Lo Techs,

So far, this is what sets you apart from everyone else (aside from the usual skill bonuses and the such):

-- droids

-- installing cyberware upgrades

-- the ability to fully repair cyberware.. other professions are capped

I'd like to take a survey from all of you for suggestions for another unique ability that only Technicians can get. And lets keep it simple, no gundam suits or anything along those lines.

Just reply with your suggestions.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if Techs can do it yet or not, but what about the actual creation of cyberware? Like alchemy, yanno.. but with metal and electricity instead of plants and water. Time consuming but very cost effective in the end. Would be fun when creating a Droid.. put all your blood, sweat, and tears into it and all that great stuff.

Nukes are always a good way to go...

How about manufacturing of electronic weapons, like pulse guns and stuff? I think Trevor said noone would be able to, but as a really high end ability.. 60-ish or so.. I don't think it'd be too unbalancing since anyone that's managed to get that far wouldn't just pass off their godly weapons to some random level 1 character for next to nothing.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Gabriel

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Enhanced damage to cyber limbs, robotic enemies and drones? Yanno, knowing where to hit and all that jazz. Pretty much all I can think of at the moment.

-Gabriel
 Back to top »
HR-Zoz

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:

How about manufacturing of electronic weapons, like pulse guns and stuff?

That is a possibility, but more likely a game-wide ability, although techs would have the obvious advantage both from electronics and pulse weapons being triple-trainable.

I'm looking for suggestions along the lines of... things that make the other guilds go "damn Techs get all the fun, maybe we should all convert over", know what I mean? Wink
Gabriel

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject:

How about a stance to give a (extra) bonus to pulse weapons?

-Gabriel
 Back to top »
Gabriel

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Yanno, we're no good at this. I think Zoz is going to disown us.

-Gabriel
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:13 am    Post subject:

He can only disown you. However, he may influence Hunter to do the same with me.. <sniffle>

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject:

Personally just wanted to say when Droids get finished, I will definately be saying, Damn techs are so l33t, makes me want to think about converting....

Um, how about having a weapon-class, like, high-tech classification, this isn't a whole new weapons category, but for certain weapons, ie. pulse weapons in general, and lets say, starblades and flarewhips, they would get a bonus.
 Back to top »
HR-Solphan
Lord of All That Is Agenty

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Brenton wrote:
Um, how about having a weapon-class, like, high-tech classification, this isn't a whole new weapons category, but for certain weapons, ie. pulse weapons in general, and lets say, starblades and flarewhips, they would get a bonus.

Starblades and the like are used in exactly the same manner as any non-energy weapon of that type. Why would they get a bonus to just those?
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't know! Usually when I post I'm half asleep! anything that doesn't make sense about my posts I completely disavow knowledge of...which means I shouldn't have responded with the first part...or wait, maybe me not knowing is actually doing what I just said, but I completely deny any knowledge of what I posted earlier. There was no post. Don't make me flash you with a mind thingy like in MiB. I'll do it....Really. They're standard issue for Medics.
 Back to top »
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Brenton wrote:
Don't make me flash you with a mind thingy like in MiB. I'll do it....Really. They're standard issue for Medics.

Great! Now we have to kill them all!
HR-Zoz

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Gabriel wrote:
Yanno, we're no good at this. I think Zoz is going to disown us.

-Gabriel

I just don't see myself disowning my 2 or 3 serious followers Wink
Downtweak

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Weapon modifications:

Upgrade weapons (primarily marksmanship/pulse) to increase their rate of fire, decrease load/recharge time, or attack multiple targets for a moderate reduction in damage.

Making me Exo-Armor:

This is pretty self-explanatory. Should be the end goal of anyone pursuing a career as a technician.

Tech weapon creation/calibration:

Techs can create and maintain unconventional weapons used to incapacitate rather than destroy enemies, included, but not limited to-

-Strobe gun- (Exotic)
Flashes strong pulses of green light at the exact frequency of human brain waves, causing the target to lapse into unconciousness. Can be calibrated for any of the races (only by techs), but does not work effectively on most creatures.

-Riot Baton- (Blunt or Pole)
A mainstay of late Earth police forces, this baton is powered by a series of batteries and capacitors in the handle which will discharge on contact, making each blow more likely to stun its victim. It does little damage, but can telescope to be used from either melee or pole rage.

-EMP Grenade- (Thrown)
Uses a series of explosive charges to destroy a powerful eletromagnetic generator, creating a pulse which will disable and/or cause massive damage to all cyberware, electronic creatures, power armor, and pulse weapons in the area.

-Vortex Gun- (Exotic)
Uses an explosive charge propel large amounts of air through a precisely shaped barrel, generating a powerful vortex which can knock even the heaviest opponents back and the lightest opponents out of the room. Though much smaller than those used in ancient times, it must still be worn on the back and requires a good deal of time to load. A skilled technician can modify the orignal design to create the same effect using microspeakes powered by pulse cores, though this is much less predictable.

-Mucilege Gun- (Exotic)
Functioning on the basic principles of a flame-thrower, this weapon instead sprays its targets with a sticky foam which quickly expands and hardens, leaving them immobilized.

-Paintball Guns (Marksmanship)/Crossbows (Archery)-
This is not a toy. Always use proper eye protection when using a paintball gun. Do not point at anyone. Can be loaded with pepper spray to blind a target, a very weak nerve agent to stun targets, or mucilege pellets to render them immobile for a short period of time.

-Downtweak

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
brydesigns

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating stuff.

Maybe we should start small, eh? How about the ability to create comms?

Make and sell them to either players or to the comm shop, so we don't have to go digging in the dirt. Except maybe they'll need the alloys that all those alchemists hate accidentally making... They wouldn't even have to be worth much, just something.

There'd be a chance that you don't make one that works, or you make one that drains batteries faster, or maybe has limited channels.

Just an idea of something techs (and others, for that matter) could do for cash, that would require electronics and repair.

- N.N.
 Back to top »
HR-Zoz

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Creating stuff.

You all have very good suggestions, many of which could possibly be integrated into systems that everyone will have access to.

I'll figure something out as we go, but for now you can all keep posting your ideas for me to keep fresh on my back burner.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Survey for Ideas, or "Data Mining" if you will...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: