Tracker Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » Tracker Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Moriath wrote:
FYI, the chith harvester area is not a maze. It does go around in a circle, but that is the lay of the land. And if you feel that a 10-16 second RT is huge, then I feel for you.

First of all, the chith harvester is a maze. Definition of maze is 'an intricate, usually confusing network of interconnecting pathways'. I believe that describes the chith harvester area fairly well.

Secondly, the comment about feeling for me was unnecessary and I found it slightly offensive. My comment about a huge RT was that to get any RT for attempting to navigate and gain nothing from it is frustrating.

Moriath wrote:
I am confused as to where you think it should actually work. I used to use it all the time in the maze on J island.

I've never been to that maze or used navigate there. I've tried it in the funhouse, the chith harvester maze and the rhurgul jungle on Jareya. It doesn't work well in any of those locations.

Another thing to consider is that most {young} Trackers are going to try it in chith harvesters first and there is a high possibility that they will never try to use it again once it fails for them there.

Moriath wrote:
Seems like it works pretty damn well to me. And how can you complain when it works in town and out of town.

And finally, I don't believe I was 'complaining'. I simply responded to Mickey's question with my opinions on it when he asked why someone else thought it didn't work. I never said it sucked or it was a bad idea, and I find that last comment pretty offensive as well.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moriath

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Yes mistake on my part, the harvester area is a maze. Oops there. As for finding the post offensive, sorry but I found yours incredibly offensive and negative which is what prompted me to post to begin with. And using navigate in a hunting area has potential for harm for ANY player that is hunting on level. Not just young Trackers hunting in a specific area. As for the funhouse, why would it work there, it should be obvious that it wouldn't to begin with. You say it doesn't work very well, but that is all. What exactly does it lack that doesn't sit well with you? It tells you which way would lead you without looping you back into the same room. Isn't that the purpose of it?
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Moriath wrote:
Yes mistake on my part, the harvester area is a maze. Oops there.

Thank you.

Moriath wrote:
As for finding the post offensive, sorry but I found yours incredibly offensive and negative which is what prompted me to post to begin with.

Please, let's revisit my post and see how you could find it offensive? I'd like to know how it could be so.

Code:
Basically, good idea, but it doesn't work well, at least not in the chith harvester maze area. If you try to use navigate there, you'll just keep going in circles with a huge RT every time you use it. I suggested the following instead: my suggestion here

No offense intended Mickey, it was a good idea, it just doesn't work well in areas I believe it should.

Now, please explain to me where I was offensive or negative to anyone? I said that I wasn't trying to offend. I said that I didn't find it working well, I said why I felt that way, and I made a suggestion to make it better. I never once said anything derogatory or negative about the ability or the person who developed it. I don't find that anyone should have been offended by that. If I'm wrong, my apologies, it was never my intention to offend anyone.

Moriath wrote:
And using navigate in a hunting area has potential for harm for ANY player that is hunting on level. Not just young Trackers hunting in a specific area.

I never said anything about harming anyone....I said:

Code:
Another thing to consider is that most {young} Trackers are going to try it in chith harvesters first and there is a high possibility that they will never try to use it again once it fails for them there.

I tried it first there, I was way above all the various chiths in that area at the time. It wasn't detrimental, it just didn't work for me.

Moriath wrote:
As for the funhouse, why would it work there, it should be obvious that it wouldn't to begin with.

I tried it there as a fluke AFTER trying it in both of the wilderness areas where I felt it should work and it didn't. I really don't think it should work at all in town, much less indoors.

Moriath wrote:
You say it doesn't work very well, but that is all. What exactly does it lack that doesn't sit well with you? It tells you which way would lead you without looping you back into the same room. Isn't that the purpose of it?

I think I explained exactly why I didn't find it useful for me and even made a suggestion for improvement, but I will repost and try to be clearer since you didn't see it.

Why I find it unhelpful: It does not assist in navigating any maze area that I have tried it in.
Suggestion: Make it (or a new ability to) assist us in finding our way out of these maze areas. Basically, improve upon the idea.

I only posted to begin with because I thought navigate was a really neat idea that could be improved on, and I believed that's what these boards were for. Making suggestions for improvement.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject:

[09.17.2004] A bug that caused the first forage (i.e. when you aren't adding to an existing stack of an item) to always have a quantity of one unit has been fixed. Additionally, for Trackers only, a semi-random chance to gain an extra one unit per forage has been added.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Rilas

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject:

just had to do this...

All Hail that which is Trevorness!

hmm... and trackers too! Cause everyone knows there's nothin scarier then being stalked while hunting, or a tracker on a bad hair day Shocked
Tao

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
[09.17.2004] A bug that caused the first forage (i.e. when you aren't adding to an existing stack of an item) to always have a quantity of one unit has been fixed. Additionally, for Trackers only, a semi-random chance to gain an extra one unit per forage has been added.

Thanx Trevor! Smile
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject:

Thank you!
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject:

i know trackers seem to prefer the wilderness and the lonely lifestyles most of us lead may make us slightly less social when meeting other people , but on reading the previous posts i did not realise how unsocialable some of us have become . i hate to see one tracker slate one another for their different opinions and ideas . at the end of the day we should all be working together towards a better way of life for all trackers Smile i do hope i havent offended anyone in posting this but we should all be above petty bickering Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
Rilas

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I'd just like to say, i keep my distance for two fold reasons.. one you never know who's a snake in the grass, and two cities smell funny, seriously after a brief stint of being vocal it's become increasingly apparent to not take some past face value and even then watch my back. When i first got here someone warned me about interacting with some, but they were vague, so i watched and observed and came to realise that i'm better off hiding away from everyone, playing some bastard that hates anyone not eolai, and making as few friends as possible, certain trackers excluded of course. On a more friendly note, cant wait for the pseudo-meeting, i'd love to hear what y'all have in mind and meet some people, that i can not talk to Wink
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I was just wondering if we'd be getting the shops restocked anytime soon, in the tracker tents on Echak. There are a lot of new trackers now, that would really appreciate shopping there.
HR-Valla

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Yes, just not a definite when.

(Laurel Thatcher Ulrich)
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Thank ya Valla.
HR-Valla

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject:

As per NEWS 4 - Trackers are now have a few skinning options available to them. Skin Quickly or Skin Carefully.

Note: This a Tracker Only ability.

As per NEWS 123 - Trackers can now prepare pelts, skins, and hides for dyeing purposes. The item must be fleshed and then scored. The item is still suitable for tailoring purposes after being dyed, though is unsuitable for armor crafting once it has been scored.

Note: Scoring pelts, hides, and skins is a Tracker Only ability.

(Laurel Thatcher Ulrich)
 Back to top »
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject:

the skinning announcement made mention of factors that affect skinning. I was wondering if there was any way to get a rundown fof the impliments section of that.

I will assume a skinning knife is better than a carving knife or a broadsword, those things I can figure out pretty well based just on how they "should" handle in a careful little place, like trying to cape out a critter, but I cant really figure out how somethign like razor nails would perform there. It would seem to me that the ability to handle and manage them would be mroe precise than even the best knife, but I dunno hwo the game takes that into account. Was just wondering if anyone would be able to shine some light no that.

Sean

Shocked
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject:

aww i wanna be able to skin exceptional qualitity skins using only ma teeth Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » Tracker Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: