Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Tracker Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » Tracker Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject:

The tracker meeting I was suggesting doesn't need a guru. I just thought it might help younger trackers, or others interested in learning about trackers. Hope no one misconstrued that.

Thank you.
Tao

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Tao wrote:
Trevor wrote:
Not soon, no. There's just too much going on right now, I'm afraid.

Too me, that says you are busy.

Would you rather him hold a meeting where he hears your ideas and tells you each time that it's a good idea but not possible currently due to time or system constraints, or would you rather him keep doing things like coding.

Seriously, which do you prefer? The former seems to have no produtive value at all.

Yaru, you had your meeting, so back off.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:

What does that have to do with anything I said?

If Valla left us a message saying, "I have lots of things on my plate so I won't hold a meeting since all the ideas you have wouldn't be implimented for quite awhlie anyway", I won't go accusing her of not caring what we think.
Tao

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Tao wrote:

What does that have to do with anything I said?

If Valla left us a message saying, "I have lots of things on my plate so I won't hold a meeting since all the ideas you have wouldn't be implimented for quite awhlie anyway", I won't go accusing her of not caring what we think.

Yaru, I never accused Trevor of not caring what we think. So back the fokk off. You dont even know what's going on so why dont you go back to your acting childish character you play and leave us trackers alone.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject:

It's with a lot of regret and disappointment that I say I see a whole mess of childishness going on right now, and I don't mean in the game. Nobody's going to accomplish a single damned thing by posting series of bile and vitriol and expecting action to immediately take place, so I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest that everybody step back, take a deep breath, and get things in perspective before the thread continues.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ethrstorm
Riddle-De-Dum

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject:

[quote="HR-Mickey"]
Quote:
As the developer of that useless, time-consuming ability, I'm curious why you find it so.
There was a ability to find your way through mazes? wow and all this time i've been bumping into walls and eventually by shear luck found my way out. No one ever tells me these things gah.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject:

It's Tracker-only. In short, it allows the Tracker to analyze which exits in a room are the real thing (not the recursive looping type). Technically, this ability is likely superseded by the practice of dropping items on the ground and PEERing; but using this break in mechanics is the perogative of the player, and has no bearing on what is a profession-based ability otherwise.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ethrstorm
Riddle-De-Dum

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like a nifty and spiffy little tool. heh all i 've been doing was using my pets. see they aren't useless. beats bread crumbs leading to that fabled gingerbread house. speaking of gingerbread houses what happened to that gingerbread monkey
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject:

Wow, Tao, you're really gung-ho about your profession, it seems. That's great!

Why don't you stop criticising the people who provided you with that profession? Be fair to them please. Trevor will always have our best interests in mind when changes are made, and I understand you want to talk about player interaction but...he's right. Trevor ultimately has the experience necessary for him to say, "Listen, I know this will work better for you." If he is busy, that's because he, umm..sort of runs the game. Please give him a break.

Patience is a virtue. Virtue-alize!
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
It's Tracker-only. In short, it allows the Tracker to analyze which exits in a room are the real thing (not the recursive looping type). Technically, this ability is likely superseded by the practice of dropping items on the ground and PEERing; but using this break in mechanics is the perogative of the player, and has no bearing on what is a profession-based ability otherwise.

This is what I posted in another thread:

Quote:
The Tracker ability Navigate is neat, but it really doesn't help (from what I've seen) in navigating these maze areas and gives a huge RT. It tells me what I already knew, I can go east, north and northwest...but which of these are the right way and which only lead back to a room I just left?

Basically, good idea, but it doesn't work well, at least not in the chith harvester maze area. If you try to use navigate there, you'll just keep going in circles with a huge RT every time you use it. I suggested the following instead:

Quote:
Re: Trailmarking: Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of being able to memorize permanently maze-like wilderness routes (without creating maps...which I can do but I like this better), like the chith harvester/hunter/lookout area...where we can traverse it quickly.

No offense intended Mickey, it was a good idea, it just doesn't work well in areas I believe it should.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject:

Whoa, I just read this thread and thought to myself...there are some good ideas and suggestions here, but no one can see them for all the snapping at each other. Not saying I'm perfect and haven't snapped at people, but geesh.

Suggestion: Before you hit submit, hit preview. Read your post from the viewpoint of another person.

Do you see anything offensive in it? Don't hit submit.

Do you see it as complaining as opposed to creative suggestions? Don't hit submit.

Exercise a little tact and realize those behind the scenes are people with feelings too...just as you can be offended and your feelings hurt, so can others.

Realize that just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you have to verbally attack them. Everyone isn't going to agree about everything 100% of the time, but it doesn't mean you have to get into catfights about it.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TienaRhyker

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject:

Well, someone who I considered a friend in game told me that they were disassociating themselves with certain types of people today. Assuming that they were telling me because this affected me I asked and yes I was included in those types of people. Seems that they did not like my opinion and they told me that I did not know what I was even talking about. My real life husband has as a result removed his posts, I have discovered. And quite honestly I find it ironic that this person we have upset is not going to speak to Tiena because they say that 'we' (my husband and I) said that they cannot separate roleplay from ooc (I could not find where either of us had said that before my husband removed his post and I am unable to look again).

Now forgive me if I am mistaken and either of us had said that in this thread. I was headed to get dinner ready for my family when I was contacted and told this. When I asked where we had said that they simply pointed me to this thread and quite frankly I haven't felt like reading every post thoroughly again so I only skimmed them.

edit: note that it was my opinions in this thread.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tiena's post

I'm not trying to be rude or confrontational, I'm seriously confused as to what you are talking about and why you posted it in this thread.

*puzzled*

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
TienaRhyker

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject:

Dzynna wrote:
Quote:
Tiena's post

I'm not trying to be rude or confrontational, I'm seriously confused as to what you are talking about and why you posted it in this thread.

*puzzled*

I was contacted and told THAT (what I discussed in my last post) because of THIS thread. That is why I posted about it here. I could not think of somewhere else that it should have gone and I felt it needed saying.
Moriath

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Basically, good idea, but it doesn't work well, at least not in the chith harvester maze area. If you try to use navigate there, you'll just keep going in circles with a huge RT every time you use it.

FYI, the chith harvester area is not a maze. It does go around in a circle, but that is the lay of the land. And if you feel that a 10-16 second RT is huge, then I feel for you.

Quote:
No offense intended Mickey, it was a good idea, it just doesn't work well in areas I believe it should

I am confused as to where you think it should actually work. I used to use it all the time in the maze on J island.

[Temple Ruins, Temple of the Serpent]
Dark, dank and musty smelling, the corridors of the temple's lower level are narrow and a hollow echo can be heard with each step you take. As your eyes adjust to the dim light, you see that the some of the stones in the walls are crumbling, the passage corroding away with time.
You also see a stone stairway.
You notice exits leading north, east, and south.Relying on your intuitive sense of direction, you begin to consider the most efficient direction to navigate the area.
Roundtime: 16 sec.
You determine that you'd make progress travelling if you went east.

You go east.

[Temple Ruins, Temple of the Serpent]
Dark, dank and musty smelling, the corridors of the temple's lower level are narrow and a hollow echo can be heard with each step you take. As your eyes adjust to the dim light, you see that the some of the stones in the walls are crumbling, the passage corroding away with time.

You notice exits leading north, east, south, and west.

Relying on your intuitive sense of direction, you begin to consider the most efficient direction to navigate the area.

You determine that you'd make progress travelling if you went south or west
Roundtime: 12 sec.

Seems like it works pretty damn well to me. And how can you complain when it works in town and out of town.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » Tracker Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: