Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Guardian Sects
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » Guardian Sects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Guardian Sects

Since we obviously have enough time to build as many things as we want... here's my idea: similar to in real life, would it be possible for Guardians to train in different styles of Unarmed Combat?

They would definantly be based on the practices and general beliefs of the various races (each sect being started, mainly, by one of the five), though they would all have the same skill training costs and everything. With these different sects' fighting ideals would perhaps come other special abilities (ie. sigils, glyphs, et al).

Each sect would have access to all the Unarmed Combat moves, save for any sect-specific ones, but would have somewhat of a bonus to certain moves (ie. the Kicking Gods sect would be more proficient with leg-involved moves -- sweeping, low and high kicks, roundhouses, etc -- while the Punching Gods sect would be more proficient with arm-involved moves -- jabs, low and high punches, headshots, etc).

I realize that it really comes down to nothing but fluff, and that there're other things that probably have more precendence than this, but it's just an idea. I know that people can just play their characters and use only a few select moves if they wish to do something similar to this, but I thought it'd be something neat to look into.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Since we obviously have enough time to build as many things as we want... here's my idea: similar to in real life, would it be possible for Guardians to train in different styles of Unarmed Combat?

Actually we were concidering (no promises) something similer to this... Different styles of unarmed combat, with some unique moves, and more emphasis on selected standard moves. Similer to RL Karate, Judo, King Fu, etc. Tying them into sects wasn't something we had thought about, though since you mention it, it's worth thinking about now.
sweetfae

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject:

I like this idea. I think Ainaiai would probably be more into kickboxing or tai chai (or however you spell it). It would give you an excuse to come up with nifty titles. Like:

You are Guardian Ainaiai Abenaeono of the Golden Tiger Sect, an Eolai Guardian.

(and yes my icon is supposed to resemble ainaiai....)

AV doll made with http://www.sybmonde.com/ics/index.htm
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BlueEyes

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:50 am    Post subject:

This sounds like a great idea. Making each guardian sect kinda different. And like RL martial arts. I would probably go with Moi Tai Kickboxing. Had a friend tell me that was a pretty wicked martial arts to go with.

Crouching chith hidden Sinka! hahaha
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » Guardian Sects
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: