FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Mercenary Update
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Mercenary Update
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:48 am    Post subject: Mercenary Update

Well as you may or may not have read, I am now running the show, which is looking quite violent and not for the kids. <g>

GM Raven has left the staff, personal reasons has stole her away and we hope to have her back at some stage in the 'not to far' future I hope. Not only was she a work collegue but is one of my best friends so this is why I decided to move and take over. Because I know what Mercenarys are up to and whats needed, I did the layout for your profession before and as we were also joint owners to Titan City it made a logical discission in my non-vulcan brain.

So after a day of reading and catching up on the finer details, I'm pleased to tell you that 'Bounty Hunting' is now in the works at top of the agenda. Of course, I will keep you posted as I'm a noisy bugger like that!

~Phoenix~
 Back to top »
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject:

I all ears and den some. Doin a lil plannin and waiten fer da optimum moment ta bombard ya wit more den a brainfull. Glad ta have ya and do keep us few posted. "Less equals more" the new motto Twisted Evil
Cirena

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject:

Just curious as I read Phoenix's post under the Order topics will she be returning to guru us poor Mercs and if so what plans are in works as i'm new to this profession?

thanks in advance!

Cirena
Amazon Mercenary
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject:

In a nutshell: Yes, but not a lot immediately. Here's the Merc update:

- The mercenary animal companion is essentially done except combat stuff.

- The bounty hunting system hasn't even been begun yet.

That said, Phoenix isn't a coder. Mercs need someone who can dedicate themselves to the profession before the systems can advance a lot. She's the Merc Guru tho, and has the vision for the profession.

I believe Mercs will be pretty solid from the get-go, however, based on their bonuses alone. Smile

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tamello

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Ok, need some clarification on this Trevor. I see Mercenaries as a combat-orientated guild who are quite good offensively such as Barbarians/Fighters in other games. Then, I see Troopers as another combat-orientated guild who are better defensively such as Paladins in other games. Am I right in my thinking or do I not have a clue? :grins: I'd like to know if Mercenaries are going to generally be better at combat than the other Professions or will they share a joint-mastership with the Troopers...

Regards,
Tamello
(Teh Literate Paintballin' Mastah!11)

P.S. Note to Counselors with malicious intentions towards one Tamello Yoshir...Vengeance will be mine! :cackles madly as he runs off to plan:
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Mercs specialize in offense, hence they get attack bonuses, reductions to attack RT, increased damage, etc.

Troopers specialize in defense, hence they get defense bonuses, increased armor ability, tactics, etc.

Both of these professions share the place of combat superiority, it's just a matter of which flavor of badass you want to be, in a nutshell.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Mercenary Update
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: