FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Shameless plug (not for me)
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Shameless plug (not for me)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Shameless plug (not for me)

Tomorrow (Tuesday, March 4) I (hopefully) get to meet my #1 idol (i.e., Stephen Colbert) when I go to watch the taping of his show (i.e., The Colbert Report). So what's the plug? His guest will be my friend/apartmentmate, Jennifer 8. Lee, who will be talking about her new book, The Fortune Cookie Chronicles (about non-Chinese Chinese food). This is her first book and you probably haven't heard of her unless you're really into reading the NY Times.

It's rather fascinating for anyone who's interested in culture, food, or history. And if you don't like any of those, it's still a pretty good read. It has already been covered by NPR and magazines ranging from Maxim to Reader's Digest and received many positive reviews.

So if you're interested, be sure to watch the show on Comedy Central (if you don't already) and check out the book's website. Oh yes, and buying it would also help.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Shameless plug (not for me)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: