FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Medics need a drone!!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Medics need a drone!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Medics need a drone!!

I think Medics need a drone. A four legged stretcher like creature!! But then again, I think the green sky is the prettiest thing I have ever seen, so maybe I don't know everything!! Hehe!! Besides, if a medic had this kind of drone, it could have a life signs monitor on it, so we know when the patient we are working on dies!!! *Madly cackles*. Or so we can know when to start operating again, after we revive them!! Very Happy Shocked
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject:

I now have visions of a fur covered medical response stretcher racing out into the wilderness to retrieve dead poeple . returning to it owner with a back full of dead person and wagging its dermilogical wotsits at its owner while awaiting a pet on the wheels Twisted Evil

dragoneyes your to blame for these visions Twisted Evil
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
I now have visions of a fur covered medical response stretcher racing out into the wilderness to retrieve dead poeple . returning to it owner with a back full of dead person and wagging its dermilogical wotsits at its owner while awaiting a pet on the wheels Twisted Evil

dragoneyes your to blame for these visions Twisted Evil

Fetch Corpse!!!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
HR-Xaiseiri
Technician Guru

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Medics need a drone!!

dragonseyes wrote:
I think Medics need a drone. A four legged stretcher like creature!! But then again, I think the green sky is the prettiest thing I have ever seen, so maybe I don't know everything!! Hehe!! Besides, if a medic had this kind of drone, it could have a life signs monitor on it, so we know when the patient we are working on dies!!! *Madly cackles*. Or so we can know when to start operating again, after we revive them!! Very Happy Shocked

I agree! Actually, the drone that I was thinking up was more of a crash cart companion that would contain all necessary healing and revival tools (plus some little extras, though it would not be a combat drone, sorry Tech only on those, but defensive shielding maybe...), and the medic would command the drone to heal or revive, but having it expand into a stretcher... hmmm... food for thought!
And Fetch corpse! LOL I love it! A medic could possibly then send in a drone after the deceased individual, though range would be much more limited then calling with Psionics.

Just some thoughts! Very Happy Fur covered? I don't think so! Razz
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject:

No fur-covered!?!? Why not!?!?!

(there's a fur covered examination table in Jareya Razz )

Should the med-drone be able to go underwater to fetch corpses? I'm of the opinion it shouldn't, unless specifically upgraded by Techs to do such. Waterproofing the wiring/components/etc.

Will it be skill-based to use? Meaning by this, would it rely on the Medics skill-level to use the proper gadgets. It's all fine and dandy, but if a rich newb medic comes in, will s/he he be able to buy one and circumvent the need for training.

Fetching is a far-stretch in my opinion. How would the drone know where to go? Or who is who? You might go pick up jo-blo sanchez instead of jimmy jo bob. I could -maybe- see Techs making this possible by giving the med-drone a gps upgrade and maybe a download from the Trooper archives of who's who? Either way, it should be difficult and/or expensive.

Just some leftovers for thought.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:
Fetching is a far-stretch in my opinion. How would the drone know where to go? Or who is who? You might go pick up jo-blo sanchez instead of jimmy jo bob. I could -maybe- see Techs making this possible by giving the med-drone a gps upgrade and maybe a download from the Trooper archives of who's who? Either way, it should be difficult and/or expensive.

A drone can, with a GPS upgrade, automatically go to, within reason, any person you send them to. So fine by me with the upgrade.

As far as the skill level, I'd figure it would HAVE to be based on Skill Level, and probably expensive as heck to boot. Or just not available till a higher level then the things it can do, although I'd love to have it low level enough that I could get one soon. House comes first though.

I LOVE the idea of not having to carry all my stuff with me. However, I'd really love it if the integrity on certain pieces of eduipment could be upgraded. Especially with chips or whatever.

Lastly, I'd not even considered underwater. Can you get someone from underwater? And if it's in range, I don't see why it can't get someone from JUST ABOUT anywhere. I'd not object to seeing areas where it's just not possible. IE, bottom of the well, making it necessary to find a Psionic to get the corpse. But if it get's too much, then there would be no point in putting money into getting the droid.
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject:

Yeah, gps upgrades and all that would be possible for locating I suppose, but I'd still be hard pressed to find a reason for having a fetching drone other then convenience/laziness.

One, it just doesn't seem feasible. You send a drone over some pretty stiff terrain to pick up a corpse, it reverts to a stretcher-shape, and then comes back? Can it climb over logs, rocks, etc while mainting the long stretcher shape? Up cliffs? In water?

Two, for all most of those easily-accesible spots, you can always run in and rift out with fairly high success rates. So having something do it for you just seems to enforce laziness.

Three, it infringes upon triple trainable skills the medic gets to get to hard-to-reach places. What's the point of having, let alone training, those skills up if you can just get a drone to do it for you?

There's almost never a time when someone is unavailable to go get a corpse for a medic. If there isn't a psion, generally Jade or any number of people will run out and rift back.

Finally, and this is a big one IMO, is that having a drone fetch corpses just seems to detract from exploration. Someone dies somewhere you've never seen before? Well, lets just send the drone. Who cares that someone put a bunch of hardwork into creating that area? As a self-imposed rule, I generally never Call someone from somewhere I've never been before. And if I do, I run out and check the place out. It just seems wrong to play in a world where there's no need to actually LOOK at what's available to see.

On a lighter note though, I wouldn't mind seeing a Med-table drone, or a valise with legs type thing to hold stuff for the medic. Those tools weigh a bunch if I remember right. It also kind of goes with one of the ideas my cousin suggested for having tech-made personal drones to carry stuff for people. I'll link to it whenever I find it again.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:

While I'm very much all for exploring areas a person hasn't seen yet, it also doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a medic to head out into unforeseen danger and risk also dying. Especially if they happen to be the only reviving medic around at the moment. Just a thought.
HR-Xaiseiri
Technician Guru

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject:

OK! First of all, we I said "I agree!" four legged drones was not my vision. Smile And about fur covered tables on Jareya, they are for the living LOL! Wink

The drone would be capable of carrying through underwater conditions, via shielding and Tech upgrading, (not to mention, it would most likely be Tech built, eventually if not from the start) as well as the fact that it would hover, avoiding most obsticles. Very Happy

As far as the "fetching", it would be a GPS type system that would find them, OR it could be limited to that drone needing a sample of some sort initially from the target to retrieve them? I don't think that would work so well, since it would require you healing the person with your drone and storing their data before that person could be recovered.

Which brings me to the skill level question... yes, the stretchers would be an expensive upgrade available for higher level medics, and since the drone would be medic only I see it (right now) working more on level of the medic then level of a certain skill, but the drones would also be available at lower levels and having one would aid in healing/reviving, as well as it would carry all equipment and could POSSIBLY have defensive shielding available (definitely available on stretcher upgraded models, no promises on anything lower).

As far as the exploration thing, just because it was brought up, I think that is really up to the way that you want to RP your character. Personally, if I caught a glimpse of an unfamiliar place via drone or psychic sight or what have you, I would want to go there even more to see what it offered. Very Happy

OK! Those are my thoughts! Smile
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Medics need a drone!!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: