FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Tracker merchant tents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » Tracker merchant tents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject:

Following up more on this, I don't want to let the issue just kind of hang here... essentially, anything involving areas or shops is a much more complicated issue because of things we have going on behind the scenes. Most of what I've personally been working with is code, which is a completely different beast.

There'll be some delay before you see much with areas and shops with a few rare exceptions, until we get those behind the scenes things worked out. Rest assured, it's definitely not a lack of concern about what any specific group of players would enjoy having in the game.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Tao wrote:
I too would like to see the tracker only shops re-opened. They've been closed for too long. Trevor, can we get these shops re-opened? I ask you because you are the person that is in charge of the Tracker stuff and this is a Tracker issue since we don't have a Tracker Guru. Also, I think that some of the trackers would like a meeting with you about where Trackers are going and all that stuff.

I should clarify that I'm not really working in a guru capacity, I'm helping HR through a transition period... but, I do intend to working on some things for those professions that don't have a guru, Trackers included.

Is there someone that we could have a meeting with to maybe discuss the future of Trackers if not you? I know before(in the older posts on the boards) you had mentioned a few GMs that were working on Tracker stuff but now these people have either left or have been reassigned to other issues.
Sad
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject:

yeah would love to see some kind of meeting organised .... i nominate tao for spokeman Twisted Evil
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
yeah would love to see some kind of meeting organised .... i nominate tao for spokeman Twisted Evil

Oh heck no. Razz
Moka

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I second the nomination! (Tao for Tracker president!)

I understand things are going on in HR and all that stuff....why can't the tent be re-opened in the meantime?
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject:

Moka wrote:
I understand things are going on in HR and all that stuff....why can't the tent be re-opened in the meantime?

you do know you had this conversation about a billion times by now, right?

not all merchant tents are meant to be infinitely open. not all items are meant to be infinitely available. the answer to "should there be some new things" shouldn't be "let's just release everything all over again" when the situation is "we can't make something new immediately"

we know you want to get everything you ever missed getting in the game by now. honest. Razz
Moka

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject:

You should really read all the posts....looks to me like there are several trackers that want the tracker merchant opened. Try not to just single me out for you BS thanks.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject:

I did.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Several Trackers are going to be disappointed, then, since Valla did the tent, the typical trend is that her stuff falls under my sway, and I have no real intention of reopening it. </end of argument>

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Xavain

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Heh. I didn't even know they exsisted before this thread.
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Too bad us trackers were led to believe it would be restocked then.

Hell, I'd be happy just to talk to the tracker merchant that just stands there.
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Several Trackers are going to be disappointed, then, since Valla did the tent, the typical trend is that her stuff falls under my sway, and I have no real intention of reopening it. </end>

That really sucks man. If you have no intention of reopening them you might as well shut down the other profession only shops in the game.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Because that's the most mature answer, right?
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
HR-Mickey wrote:
Several Trackers are going to be disappointed, then, since Valla did the tent, the typical trend is that her stuff falls under my sway, and I have no real intention of reopening it. </end>

That really sucks man. If you have no intention of reopening them you might as well shut down the other profession only shops in the game.

where did he say he'd never make another tracker merchant of his own to place there? he just won't reopen another GM's tent. AFAIK most GMs don't revive merchants (let alone GMNPCs) that belong to other GMs, even if they left. maybe there's an exception here and there, but from what I've seen in HR, once a GM is gone on leave or quit or whatever, so goes the specialized characters they created and played as well.

stop being so defeatist. Mickey's made tons of X-only merchants for the professions he's looking after, only he's sorta-busy with that whole justice system thing. maybe he'll make a Tracker merchant in an upcoming festival which I hope happens sometime soon because I want to waste my phat stacks of cash.
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Tao wrote:
HR-Mickey wrote:

where did he say he'd never make another tracker merchant of his own to place there? he just won't reopen another GM's tent. AFAIK most GMs don't revive merchants (let alone GMNPCs) that belong to other GMs, even if they left. maybe there's an exception here and there, but from what I've seen in HR, once a GM is gone on leave or quit or whatever, so goes the specialized characters they created and played as well.

stop being so defeatist. Mickey's made tons of X-only merchants for the professions he's looking after, only he's sorta-busy with that whole justice system thing. maybe he'll make a Tracker merchant in an upcoming festival which I hope happens sometime soon because I want to waste my phat stacks of cash.

Which are tons of stuff for the other professions he's looking after because he's in charge of them. More like their Guru. Which Trackers dont have. I've posted many times about how HARVEST is broken and it has yet to be fixed. It was Mickey's baby but he's busy with other issues. So I patiently wait. His comment was uncalled for. He could have just said that because Valla created it and she's gone, it would take awhile to go through it and fix any problems with it. That it would be better to just create a new shop altogether but he doesnt say that does he?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » Tracker merchant tents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: