Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Harvest
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » Harvest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moka

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Harvest

I was wondering if harvest was broken....I killed over 100 baby arakus lastnight and harvested each one and never got silk.....
also I tried skining asapi and eoshie for small bones and again recieved nothing but pelts and meat.
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure if HARVESTing for silk is broken or not but I know that its really hard to get. When I tried to HARVEST for silk, it took me forever to even get one. I'll have check it out to see if I'm able to HARVEST them now.

As far as trying to get the bones for carving, I think that the way it's set up is very unfair for those that are bigger compared to the really young folks. A baby tracker would be able to find the bone off an asapi way faster and easier than an older tracker could.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject:

anytime i needed silk for something i know it would take trackers forever to get some. let alone get the right size i needed!

maybe for the bones, you can have the option to skin for meat or bones after getting the pelt or whatever.
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject:

I just went out there with Smoka and on my second try, I got a medium sized webbing and then after nine fails I get a large webbing on the tenth try. I'm not sure if my skills or stats had anything to do with it. But it would seem like a pain to get for someone Smoka's level.
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject:

dreg gave up on trying to harvest silk in her existance she has never managed to harvest even a single strand that resembled silk let alone the real stuff. i think josie mentioned that she could harvest silk but as you know she is a much higher level than both dreg and smoka and yes HARVESTING SILK is a royal pain in the rump for us low lvls Twisted Evil
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject:

Last time I wanted aracki silk, I got Josie and Inaira out there to get it for me. It's been awhile, but I recall them both having to go through at least three or four arackus before harvesting anything. At least, that was probably the average.

But on a side note ... how much easier would you think would be appropriate? I mean ... you are trying to harvest silk out of a spider's as- ... errm, rear. (Forgot Ragonda's children read the boards). I would presume, since I'm not a tracker, that such a feat would be fairly difficult. Then, of course, you have random x factors; Did they produce enough to harvest? Have they used any of it lately? Etc, etc.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject:

Keep in mind that spinning silk is something that takes something like 300+ tailoring/craftsmanship for an artisan, so it isn't too shocking that it takes a high level tracker to get silk consistently.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » Harvest
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: