Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Stances
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Stances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Stances

With stances helping out every weapon available, is it possible that the requirements to learn stances could be veered away from just requiring unarmed to learn? Maybe you can only learn certain stances with certain weapons, or the requirements could be steeper. If you need 10 unarmed for your first stance, maybe 25-30 of a different weapon to learn one.

Also, it would make sense if you could learn atleast one new stance regardless of training.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject:

I agree with this.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject:

stances should require research Laughing
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject:

I agree with that, too.

Perhaps instead of having them just by skill requirements, maybe also have them need multiple studies or something as well.

>Ask Goober about stance
Goober takes you aside and begins beating the hell out of you in an attempt to teach you the drunken asapi fighting stance. After many painful moments, you think you have picked up enough knowledge about the stance that you launch a furious counterattack! With a wicked laugh, Goober turns aside your attack and knocks you to the ground!

Still chuckling, Goober says, "I think you have learned enough for this lesson. Come back later if you wish to learn more."

Of course, the higher skill you have in the weapon/unarmed and research the less beatings you get until you learn the stance.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Wow...The point here was to make stances available to people with too tight regimens for unarmed...I disagree with a research requirement. Maybe for researching "advanced forms" of your current stance like Denavae suggested. But for initial training? I mean...I didn't really need to research the internet or books to learn a boxing stance, my friend taught me...
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject:

research is the ability to understand something complex (ie: languages).

maybe make it like languages, though. if someone doesn't want to train research they can always make up the difference by learning intelligence.
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject:

The research idea was only a way to -decrease- the amount of times needed to study the stance. If you don't want to train it, then don't. Raise your intelligence instead to make up the difference, or train both to get it at an even faster rate.

Just my thoughts.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:
The research idea was only a way to -decrease- the amount of times needed to study the stance.

yours maybe but not mine. Wink

i'm all for learning stances to be like learning languages. aka: every X number of lessons in research permits you to be able to handle learning a new stance, but like language you can use intelligence as a replacement for research.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Stances
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: