FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
What would you like to see?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » What would you like to see?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Xaiseiri
Technician Guru

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: What would you like to see?

Hey everyone! Smile

As new tech guru I would like to get a feel for some of the things that you guys and gals would like to see techs be able to do. I have plans for vehicles and some other things but first off I'm thinking that I really want to see techs be able to build more types of gadgets. I've been pondering what types, and I'm going have watches available soon, but I thought who better to ask then the people who will be using 'em.

This is also a wish list thread so, don't hold back! Get with the spillin of your ideas! Smile
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject:

i'd love to buy a bot that picks up treasure on the floor, then lets me pick out what i want (later on after the hunt!) and choose to flush the rest away.

it being able to sort things out into bins like gadget parts, alchemy commodities, weapons, armor, boxes, and so on would be a super duper ++
HR-Xaiseiri
Technician Guru

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
i'd love to buy a bot that picks up treasure on the floor, then lets me pick out what i want (later on after the hunt!) and choose to flush the rest away.

it being able to sort things out into bins like gadget parts, alchemy commodities, weapons, armor, boxes, and so on would be a super duper ++

Attendant drones for players...*ponder*

Not to burst your bubble, I know this is a wish list too but...I've been debating on drones that aren't tech only and I think that they would be medic drones if anything at this point. Combat drones are on my list, but they would be tech only, sorry.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject:

1.Combat drones of course

2. More useful gadgets to make

3. Allowing our drones to be able to go to a person(not hidden) and to actually be able to find them instead of them running around lost. Maybe even have upgrades to allow for range of how far they can go.

4. Command drones to JOIN someone.

5. Be able for a drone to follow someone while cloaked(strength of cloak depending on model and upgrades). if the person goes into a building/home that prevents stalking, they wouldn't be able to follow.

6. Audio upgrades so that if a drone is observing the goings on in another room, you can hear what people are saying along with what they are doing(if the familiar window is open).

7. Better pay out for cleaned up/repaired components and gadgets made.

8. Tech Workshops in the homes.

9. MADs that can transform into an hoverboard or some other form of personal aerial vehicle that we can put some use to the aviation skill. Please let there be some reasoning why we have that skill. It doesnt really have to be all big for now, just have them allow us to float off the ground, maybe assist techs in climbing high places, that kinda stuff.
HR-Xaiseiri
Technician Guru

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Sorry this took so long to compile but I work 2 jobs in RL. Smile

These are the things that I am currently working on, and most of them are things that Tao suggested…

1. Reworking manuals/schematics so that instead of a bunch of books it will be one organizer type object. You would need to go get new schematics downloaded on to it as the new gadgets come out. Also reworking the RT required to study and some other elements of studying.

2. More gadgets!!! That is a must. The one that I’m working on right now is different types of grenades. These will be limited and when I complete them I will post all the details.

3. Better payouts for gadgets… I need to get with Hannah about that, but there will be no increase in pay out for components.

4. Tech workshops in homes!!

5. Combat drones, a must!

6. A use for the aviation skill… more details later.

I have also been contemplating tech made cyberware. Galeth posted that it would be fun and it would! Smile
Also, I was thinking about having some of the cyber clinics have the capability of removing a socket, so if you decide you do not want the gear you can restore your body with out having to die to do it. It will be pricey though. Also I have ideas for weaponsmithing and vehicles.

As for more stealth options for drones, I haven’t really thought about them at all, but I will think about it.

Keep the ideas coming I love hearing 'em and I'll continue to give ya updates! Mr. Green
 Back to top »
Galeth Lothain
Er, der wahr ist

Location: That one place with that one town with that one house on that one street

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject:

If you wanted to.. with making cyberware.. A tech could possibly combine up with a medic and together they can do the sockets too. That would be fantastic and neat to try, even as a test. But anyway, since technicians are the technology cravers, they should be able to create not only gadgets, but cyberware and maybe create drones from scratch too. But these are only ideas.

Galeth

"Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power, that is not easy"
--Aristotle
 Back to top »
HR-Xaiseiri
Technician Guru

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Eventually I would like to have techs be able to build anything technological from scratch. That will be a lot of work on my part but totally worth it! As for the medics and techs working together to be able to socket, it is a good idea. My understanding is that something like that was talked about for higher level players. Personally, I like players to being able to go to other players for services instead of NPC's. It makes the game more fun!
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject:

Here's a grasper:

1. Give drones the ability to take a DNA sample of a person(with consent) and transports it to the Imaging Center for Imaging. This ability would limited to places that has an imaging center within reach. So this would not work when the sample is taken while in places like Losh or the excavation site. There could be some type of upgrade to the cooling system to keep the sample from going bad. The tech could either get stuck with the bill or have the person wanting the image done have it credited from their account. If the tech is stuck with the bill, the tech could charge slightly more for the services rendered.
Hokius

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject:

Perhaps techs could be able to build guns? Even if they couldn't build the regular guns, at least pulse guns would be lovely. And to be able to upgrade weapons would be awesome as well. I think everything else on my list has been mentioned...but I'll get back to you if I have something more.

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject:

if we're still going by Live model plans, artisans would be the builders of marksmanship weapons, while techs would be the builders of pulse weapons.
Xeio Yarroi

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I think it would make sense for techs to be able to 'tune' pulse weapons to give them a temporary boost to accuracy and/or damage. Duration would be dependant upon the tech, like the medic's massages.
 Back to top »
Xeio Yarroi

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject:

And Technician created pulse weapons... mmmm. Yummy.
 Back to top »
Armic

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject:

What i would like to see is cybergear that is a weapon. So instead of having a cyber hand yuo would have a cyber pistol. Possibly step it up to where instead of the normal cyber arm have a shotgun or grenade laucher built in to it. It would even possibly be an upgrade that a Tech would have to do.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Armic wrote:
What i would like to see is cybergear that is a weapon. So instead of having a cyber hand yuo would have a cyber pistol. Possibly step it up to where instead of the normal cyber arm have a shotgun or grenade laucher built in to it. It would even possibly be an upgrade that a Tech would have to do.

Yeah, I remember when Vash asked for that long long time ago. Heh. I thought it was kewl to have something like that made. Having your cyber hand 'transform' into a weapon.

Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Armic wrote:

There's only one real problem with this and it's the same one for the idea I had about worn psionic weaponry.

For a weapon that couldn't be dropped and still allows for multiple hands (I don't think it would be productive to have them completely replacing hands/arms) you would have to balance it with some pretty wicked side-effects. Breakable just through use, less accuracy, weaker then normal, et cetera. However, those side-effects might just make them less then desirable when it all came down to it.

But, it's still a good idea, and to expand on it a little more:

It would be neat to NEED the arm compartments installed for that type of weapon. Think Predator with all the gadgets. But have these retractable, so they fit into the compartment until they need to be used again. I'd limit them to pulse weapons, though I could see marksmanship weapons only if Artisans could make them and techs install them.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » What would you like to see?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: