FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Top Requests / Issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Top Requests / Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Top Requests / Issues

Given we're canning "Live" and instead focusing on working on Haelrahv in its current incarnation in place of Live, I'd like to ask everyone for feedback on a couple of things.

What are your top requests for new features in the game?

What are your top issues, things that you wish would change - and why?

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Hokius

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject:

The only thing I really wish I could see happen would be to give techs more stuff to build. And possibly give us some reason why people would want our gadgets instead of the stuff they can buy in the shops.

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject:

i'd like to see HR now do what it was going to do for Artisans Live, which would be make them the main creation profession.
Armande

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject:

I think there should be a lot more stuff for crats.

when they try cases now, they are just defending. but in the future, perhaps there could be like "factions" . from 1-19, they could be working for the public defender's office. at 20-39 the choice to work for the public defender's office or the da's office. 40-59 they get the choice again. at 60-79, be a part of a law firm. 80+ could start their own law firm. if they work on capital cases, perhaps they could use the errand npc's to find evidence, to put pieces of the case together, then prosecute or defend, whatever faction they belong to. it would give them like a mini quest for each capital case they try.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject:

on the combat side i'd like the treasure trees remapped like planned in Live as well as the super lucky rolls/critter flees/etc that were added to make up for the current way treasure drops to be removed.
RLH

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I think there should be a lot more stuff for crats.

when they try cases now, they are just defending. but in the future, perhaps there could be like "factions" . from 1-19, they could be working for the public defender's office. at 20-39 the choice to work for the public defender's office or the da's office. 40-59 they get the choice again. at 60-79, be a part of a law firm. 80+ could start their own law firm. if they work on capital cases, perhaps they could use the errand npc's to find evidence, to put pieces of the case together, then prosecute or defend, whatever faction they belong to. it would give them like a mini quest for each capital case they try.

I agree!

"The real issue isnt whether or not there is a morally acceptable amount of sex or violence, the real issue is; how can we put more sex in our violence?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xavain Gramorham says, "Yet you wanted to marry Mellie."
You hear the voice of Yaru Dex say, "For her MONEY geez! Not her VA****!."
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject:

So are the requests we made in the other folder not enuff or are they not possible for this current format of the game?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject:

There's never enough suggestions. But, I thought perhaps we'd get some unique spins on ideas if I pitched it in this manner. The fact this isn't Live is a factor, for player and staff alike.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject:

More critters. Different critters. Older critters. Challenging critters. Please make hunting a lifetime viable pasttime.
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
HR-Tkiro

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
More critters. Different critters. Older critters. Challenging critters. Please make hunting a lifetime viable pasttime.

Speaking just for myself: Working on it, slowly. Wink

(details of future projects obscured to keep you guessing)
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Trackers having critter companions that can sometimes fight along with you when hunting, blow guns(exotic?), more tech stuff to build and I agree with Hokius about giving us some reason why people would want our gadgets instead of the stuff they can buy in the shops. A droid upgrade that would allow droids to fight along with you when hunting. Be able to do something with the crustaceans, cook it or chop it up as bait. Maybe be able to keep a few fishes/waterlife that we catch and put them in a fish tank in our homes, be able to do to component repairwork in our homes, an unlimited berry sack(it's confusing as it is when carrying more than one type of bag), have a strato-dome where everyone there can watch your stratos dog fight.
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
i'd like to see HR now do what it was going to do for Artisans Live, which would be make them the main creation profession.

First of all let me say I would love NOTHING MORE than spoiling Artisans rotten. You know as well as anyone I love my Artisans Smile

However, considering we have gotten players (Artisans and non-Artisan alike) spoiled to the "I can make my stuff if I want to" mentality, I don't think it would help in any form to just snatch that away. Meaning, I believe even with the fact it would have more people playing Artisans, it would do more harm than good.

With that said, you can look forward to a serious "look into" on Artisan system payouts. Trevor and I already went over pottery and I plan to look into the lower end of things like knitting and tailoring. I've heard several lower level Artisan players complain about literally no way to make money (fair, balanced money with the other current systems) and I can't agree with you guys more so look for that.

I'm also looking into a few other systems which I can't say right now cause that would ruin the surprise. However, first I'm working on a pretty big project that needs to get out of the way so I can help with getting live content in.

Just know I am thinking about you guys, I'm not going anywhere, and my focus is and will always be on Haelrahv Artisans.
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Not that it's a new thing, but the return of PvP can't come quickly enough.

Unless it's before the new parser, in which case it's a little too soon.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Hokius

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject:

Oh yeah...and if we could have something to do with all those aviation skill points we've been accruing...that would be awesome too. I definitely agree with Tao about droids being able to fight, that would please me greatly!

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Morgana

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject:

The one and only reason I joined Haelrahv was because of what mages could potentially summon. I've stuck around because of the fun and the dynamics. I'd REALLY like to see summon for mages come to fruition. I was seriously looking forward to it in Live.

i.e.:

Code:
Summon Animal
Spell Research Skill: 50
Spell Description: This spell will summon a random animal into the caster's location. The animal is actually teleported into the area, and therefore must be a living species generally native to the area.

Summon Familiar
Prerequisite Spells: Summon Animal
Spell Research Skill: 100
Spell Description: This spell summons a familiar, an animal or being of magical nature that may follow a number of simple commands.

Summon Beast
Prerequisite Spells: Summon Familiar
Spell Research Skill: 150
Spell Description: This spell summons a powerful beast generally native to the area, which will follow simple commands and is generally used for protection.

Summon Elemental
Prerequisite Spells: Summon Beast
Spell Research Skill: 200
Spell Description: This spell summons a powerful elemental, a being of air, earth, water or fire with strong combat ability.

Summoner's Shield
Spell Description: Any summoned animal, familiar, beast or elemental may receive physical protection by use of this spell.

Summoner's Might
Spell Description: Any summoned animal, familiar, beast or elemental may receive an increase in strength and vitality by use of this spell.

Summoner's Gift
Spell Description: Any summoned animal, familiar, beast or elemental may receive an increase in intellect and mentality by use of this spell.

Summoner's Motivation
Spell Description: Any summoned animal, familiar, beast or elemental may receive an increase in agility and coordination by use of this spell.

The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Top Requests / Issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: