FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Motor Vehicles
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Motor Vehicles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Motor Vehicles

Well. I think the title pretty much covers everything. I mean, we all play games that use horses as a mode of travel ... I believe WoW uses them, Elder Scrolls Oblivion uses them, and many, many MUDs employ them as well. But we're in a futuristic, space shuttle, helicopter world. That's not to say we can't have percherons, dappled ponies, or other marvels of the natural world, but I would definintely enjoy seeing motorcycles, cars, trucks, scooters, you name it. Maybe not go so far as to employ flying vehicles to the public -yet-, but I would definintely like to see those come along as well ... maybe in Live.

Okay, granted there really -isn't- a need for them, but it would still be a very neat idea to see. Motorbikes coming in all shapes and sizes, from 50cc engines, up to 500cc engines, electric/gas hybrid scooters in neon colors, cars that can fit up to four people and provide for a small amount of storage space and trucks that fit two or three, but provide a good amount of storage.

I'm all for animal type vehicles, too. Carts perhaps, definintely horses or their Haelrahv equivalent. Hell, I'd be all for seeing riding birds (chocobo racing anyone? Very Happy )

With this also breeds several other things, besides. Well, yeah you can leave your truck in some random spot. But hey, there's a one in ten chance every so many hours that it gets broken into by NPC's or PC's. I'd say higher chances for trucks, mediocre chances for cars, and a minimal chance for scooters or bikes just because of the miniscule amount of storage space provided (maybe increase with side slung bags?) Also gives Troopers something, which I think would be amusing, to do on their free time. Give TICKETS! Provide a place within each city (aka a "parking garage"), and if a vehicle is left out of said garage for too long and a trooper sees it, they can ticket it. Or even NPCs on occasion. Could even have agents or other sneaky people boosting them to sell on black markets every now and again, too.

Anyways, just another half-baked suggestion from your friendly neighborhood Vae.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Milan Fiori

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject:

I've noticed that horses are a source of travel around Llanfair. There's a few room descriptions that mention people riding horses just outside the city.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I believe vehicle transport is going to be in Live.

I wouldn't mind Yaru having his own airship now, though. Flying the Ael'Sor that one time has me wanting more. Very Happy
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Motor Vehicles

Denavae wrote:
electric/gas hybrid scooters in neon colors

Wei would totally ride one of those. Very Happy

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject:

One of my favorite things about vehicles in a game I used to play was that they could be blown up.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Wei, babe. I said the scooters specifically with you in mind. Ironic, huh?

And bein' blown up would be interesting, but I would definintely like to see some sort of restriction on it. A high level skill, only outside the city, etc. Only reason I say this is because someone may go buy a vehicle one day, only to have it blown up thirty minutes later. So, okay. They go buy another and someone -else- comes along and blows it up, too. Said person would then be pretty pissed at buying vehicles, and probably feel singled out.

But, it also brings a new job for Crats. Insurance. Vehicle insurance would be a good idea to combat the sudden loss of a vehicle.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Vehicles in that game could also run people over, and some were outfitted with weapons. It wasn't a one-way affair.

Also, don't forget (standard) upkeep and maintenance/repair.

Edit: Plus, don't forget that I'm the purveyor of all things Justice. I can assure you that I've got things robust enough that charges of destruction of property (and potentially murder) aren't outside the realm of possibility.

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lao Vah

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject:

YAY! more stuff for techs to fix! i'm all for that! Very Happy
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject:

This is all theory, mind you. I don't personally know what plans are in the works for vehicles in Live, but as a card-carrying greaser yahoo I rabidly support the release of anything with an engine.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject:

so you know what that means ladies and gentlemen?!? Lets come up with designs for everything we can think of regarding motor vehicles to make it easier on the GMs if and when they decide to put them in for us.

Maybe, just maybe, if they see enough interest in the concept, and hardwork by all of us, they may just put them in for us to peruse (hopefully) before live, so we can get a feel for it.

edit:: and i like the ideas of having vehicular manslaughter with or without weapons. Also gives troopers a reason to search vehicles (hidden compartments with weapons anyone?). Hell, I'm personally all for anything with an engine, too, and I could easily see this as a secondary job for agents (bootlegging), technicians (repairs, even though I think anyone should be able to do preventative maintenance to prolong the inevitable), troopers (given), and Crats for insurance against damage. Sounds like a full regime to me.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
 Back to top »
RLH

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject:

There wont be crats in live.

"The real issue isnt whether or not there is a morally acceptable amount of sex or violence, the real issue is; how can we put more sex in our violence?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xavain Gramorham says, "Yet you wanted to marry Mellie."
You hear the voice of Yaru Dex say, "For her MONEY geez! Not her VA****!."
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject:

RLH wrote:
There wont be crats in live.

Not as a profession, but as a trade anyone can learn.
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
Milan Fiori

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Really? No Crats? Will there be any new professions, or other professions that won't be around?
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Lets not get off the topic. There is a lovely post about professions in the professions threads, or topics about Live.

And I know there aren't going to be crats in live, but I couldn't think of anything else to call whoever practices the trade by.

Keeping in line with the post, though, I'll soon have a bunch of ideas to throw out there for criticism or flat out disproval.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Really? No Crats? Will there be any new professions, or other professions that won't be around?

Because I can't resist derailing the thread a little more Twisted Evil There is a new profession, Disciples. Here's some links to the profession stuff for live for those too lazy to search.

http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4965

http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4970

Quote:
And I know there aren't going to be crats in live, but I couldn't think of anything else to call whoever practices the trade by.

Like it was mentioned, there really isn't going to be anyone specifically doing crat work by trade, it will just be available for anyone who wants to dabble in those things.

Now, onto vehicles...where's my tank! Wink

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Motor Vehicles
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: