FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Paints and stains at D'Lien's Workshop
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Paints and stains at D'Lien's Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Paints and stains at D'Lien's Workshop

I'm trying to play around with painting and staining whittled things. The stuff for sale at D'Lien's you can order a color and a texture, but when you paint, only the texture shows? Am I just doing it wrong?

Code:
>You get a can of bold sienna stain from a battered leather rucksack dyed warm brown and imprinted with leaf designs.
>You dip your paint brush in a can of bold sienna stain, coating the bristles.
>You stow your bold stain in a battered leather rucksack dyed warm brown and imprinted with leaf designs.
>You get a simple aefafe statuette from a battered leather rucksack dyed warm brown and imprinted with leaf designs.
>You coat your statuette with stain, covering the surface.
Roundtime: 11 sec.
R>You tap a statuette coated with some bold stain.

Thanks for helping
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject:

I'll have to take a look when I get home (blasted job!). It's probably the way the adjective is set up on the paint and not something you did.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
I'll have to take a look when I get home (blasted job!). It's probably the way the adjective is set up on the paint and not something you did.

Job? What's that? Isn't everyone on spring break now?

P.S. Thank you very much Smile
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject:

indigone wrote:
HR-Morrigan wrote:

P.S. Thank you very much Smile

Dang teachers...Heh.
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Tell that to my boss Razz

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject:

While you're in there, could you see if bowls can be detailed/inscribed?

I would actually prefer to carve vases or urns, but a bowl can hold pretty flowers, too.

Thanks again.

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject:

Two totally separate places, but I'll take a look.

As for the paint issue, just wanted to let you know that I'm going to have to totally rebuild the catalog. The way catalogs work and the way painting works, well they just don't mesh well. So might be a day or two before that's actually done.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Two totally separate places, but I'll take a look.

As for the paint issue, just wanted to let you know that I'm going to have to totally rebuild the catalog. The way catalogs work and the way painting works, well they just don't mesh well. So might be a day or two before that's actually done.

Gotcha, excellent, and no hurry. Thanks.

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject:

I didn't notice this before, but when you stain something apparently it loses it's wood type too. I think that's intended because it happens with the stain sold in the tower too. Is it?

Also, if I may be so bold, for some reason when I see that I've "coated" something with stain it feels like I've done a horrible job and just shellaced the thing with stain. Maybe.... "with a textured russet stain finish" rather than "coated with russet textured stain"... or something...

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I'm really just reporting here, hopefully not annoying. I'm so intrigued by this system...

I can't detail or inscribe a mortar either, so mortars and bowls don't seem to take to my tools. Is this because they are containers?

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Mortars would be because they turn into mortars when finished, not a woodworking project. Not sure about the others.
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject:

HR-Hannah wrote:
Mortars would be because they turn into mortars when finished, not a woodworking project. Not sure about the others.

Oh.... yea, pestles can't be detailed either. If that's the case, then hairbeads, blocks, urjakanas, vials, cups and goblets wouldn't be detailable either.

That's a shame, the system is awesome and would make such unique gifts.

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject:

things like blocks and urjakanas are pretty new (in comparison to mortars and pestles), so they were probably made to be more compatible with the woodcrafting system. mortars are a super-old system and is probably a lot more ornery to deal with.
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject:

indigone wrote:
Oh.... yea, pestles can't be detailed either. If that's the case, then hairbeads, blocks, urjakanas, vials, cups and goblets wouldn't be detailable either.

Except for the hairbeads, this was all true. Things that do things can't be detailed. Confused

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Paints and stains at D'Lien's Workshop
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: