Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Ammo
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Ammo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoldenBlackstone

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Ammo

I know some people have complained for a long time about how much of a pain it is to buy ammo if you're a marksmanship user.

Well, I just had an idea while I was buying some ammo today. It came from the craziest places too. Wine-making. What if ammunition worked like sugar? I know I sound strange, but hear me out.

You buy sugar by the package. When you go to add sugar to the mix, it tells you how much sugar is in the bag and asks how much you want to use. It could work the same for buying ammo. Instead of buying rounds, we could buy boxes of ammo. This would be a bit more realistic seeing as how that's how most most ammunition is sold.

So, you go to buy some ammo to go hunting. You buy the kind that you want, and you get a message like "There are 48 rounds in a box of hollow-point AG10 ammunition. How many boxes do you wish to buy?" Then, you choose how many boxes you want to buy, and presto! You've bought all the ammo you need in a matter of seconds. It would require some math on the part of the players, but it would take far less time.

I don't know anything about coding, but it really shouldn't be much more than tweaking what is already done for sugar. I just think it would make buying ammo a lot easier. Or maybe it's just me.
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject:

They also sell "cartridges" for the underwater guns. Even something like that would be useful.

I also second this idea. I think there's another post somewhere else that makes mention of this, too.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject:

i'd love to buy ammo by the box.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Ammo
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: