FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Cosmetic Character Customization
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » Cosmetic Character Customization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject:

As far as Eolai markings being available out of the CM, I don't know if I said it or not (and I'm too lazy to reread my own damn post) but I meant that those should be more of a "hay, your character is old enough to actually get a marking now, so choose what design they'd like". They'd just be fancy bullshit markings that really don't signify anything beyond indicating that they've come of age within Eolai society.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject:

I gotcha. I thought you meant they would have some value to them ... maybe one would be for an outcast or whatnot, one for a priest/ess.

However, if it's just markings, I could see having a few things for that. Maybe an option that would give you a few choices to the design .... Tribal design, a nature design (vines, flowers, etc), or something else. Then, as a bonus if you wish to use it, you can also place the design in one or two places ... say give options for body placement (across the left eye, right eye, cheek, neck, forehead, shoulders, back, lowerback, chest, abdomen, arms, etc, etc.), and then a second option should you decide to make it cross several body parts.

So, in the manager you could pick ... a twisting vine marking across your left eye and trailing down your neck. Not too sure how hard that would be to code, though.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject:

Will there be enchantments like eyes sparkling in LIVE?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject:

I won't say definitely yes or no, but they're certainly less of a concern than most cosmetic options simply because they can be damned annoying to some.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I won't say definitely yes or no, but they're certainly less of a concern than most cosmetic options simply because they can be damned annoying to some.

as a person who hates 99.9% of all alterations that do ambient room messaging, i <3 you for at least acknowledging that. Very Happy
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject:

I agree with that. I had ambient messaging cyber eyes that I had altered at one point that I sold a week after I got them. They were so damn annoying.

There are some things I could see that have some type of ambient messaging, though ... Cologne, perfumes, or scented lotions. I could actually see the scents of those 'wafting' off of a certain person. Sort of like ...

You detect a delicate scent of elan roses drifting from Denavae DeVries.

Nothing big, nothing fancy. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen every ... once every five or six minutes, then, as the cologne begins to fade, once every ten or fifteen minutes. It just stands to reason that you'd smell scents just standing around where you might not notice a bracelet changing colors or eyes suddenly changing colors.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:
Nothing big, nothing fancy. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen every ... once every five or six minutes, then, as the cologne begins to fade, once every ten or fifteen minutes. It just stands to reason that you'd smell scents just standing around where you might not notice a bracelet changing colors or eyes suddenly changing colors.

I'd rather I get alerted about it once and leave it at that.

I do agree that we should be "aware" of certain things, though. but maybe only as we enter a room or it arrives in a room you're at or something.
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I know what you guys mean. I really wish I could have the timer on some of my stuff jacked way up. I think my skates flash every 20 minutes. I'd be happy if it was changed to once every 2 hours. I like the ambient messaging on a lot of things, but I think it's just waaaaay too often and that's what makes it annoying to me.

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject:

I have ultra-rares that do ambient messaging that I wish I could turn off. As far as character creation choices go, I'd like to put out my eye. Again.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I was reading the surfing thread over in the suggestions folder, and I thought of this. How about active tanning for those races that can? I'm guessing Eolai and Humans. Maybe Jaddans, too.

It'd require a decent amount of time be spent out in the sun, doing whatever. Quite possibly a lot more than you'd expect from a real-world perspective.You would also begin to lose your tan the more you stay indoors.

(as a sidenote, I once tried to create Haelrahv's solar system and I never completed it -- although that's only because I lost all ambition when it came to photoshopping the planets. anyway, the type of sun I used for the system typically generates less UV radiation, so that would explain the slower tanning. SCIENCE!)

Of course there'd be something akin to sunscreen lotion that'd be SO POWERFUL and SO FUTURISTIC as to completely protect you from UV radiation and, as a result, halt the tanning process. And for the sake of not being a nuisance, we might as well make it a permanent application that'd require a different lotion be applied to negate it.

There should be a colour gradient for those races that can tan. For Humans, for example: pale -> fair -> lightly tanned -> tanned -> darkly tanned -> leathery. I'm guessing it would be similar for Eolai.

I'm not so sure about Jaddans; you'd have to stay within the same colour family, of course, but they might only have two or three tanning levels as a result of that restriction. And of course, when you get into the browner skin tones for the Eolai and Humans, you'd probably only have two or three levels as well.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Hrm... it's an idea. I think the real question is whether it would be enjoyable enough to justify the effort to create such a mechanic.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I would see it along the same lines as hair growth, really. It's there, and you have to deal with it every now and then, but there are available methods of preventing it.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » Cosmetic Character Customization
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: