FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Equipment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject:

I asked that same question. Still waiting on an answer.

But from what I can tell, you can get a gun altered (read custom-made) at level 10. But, by level 20, you'll likely have found better parts, resources or weapons in general to go back and get that new one cosmetically changed.

But again. STill waiting to hear if this is how it'll be or not.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Well I hope that if you're be looking for a pulse weapon made, it would be from a tech like Lao Vah that would make an uber one instead of an artisan.
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject:

To make the weapon, yeah, probably. But to decorate it and embellish it? I think you'd need an artisan to do that.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Making it frilly by adding sparkles and flowers on it? Eeeeww.
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject:

No ....

I was under the impression artisans/techs would be able to change the TAP description through using materials and embellishments. So, provide a halxna ingot and an llirae ingot, along with all the necessary parts, you can make a halxna pulse gun with llirae accents or something like that. I am also under the impression they will be able to put a LOOK on it as well, but this may be wrong. Which is why I'm asking for clarification.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I was joking about that. I can see the artisan smithing some of the parts but in the end, I think it is the tech that is finalizing it. Non-firing weapons like blades and spears, I can see an artisan being the one that is making it uber, but stuff like marks or pulse i think should go to the techs.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject:

i'm not sure if techs are going to be the gunsmiths, but definitely the pulse gunsmiths. i think artisans are in charge of the mundane things while techs are going to do the more scifi ones.
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
i'm not sure if techs are going to be the gunsmiths, but definitely the pulse gunsmiths. i think artisans are in charge of the mundane things while techs are going to do the more scifi ones.

No prob with that. If guns are mundane, shouldnt we be able to infuse freds onto them?
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I think he means mundane in the sense that they don't shoot a little ball of plasma or something. It's still uses mundane means of propulsion, etc, etc.

But, it also has so many working parts that it would be unlikely the heiphared would work on the correct part to make the bullet shoot straighter, or flare up, or whatever. I could, however, see latent magics (light, for instance) working, but again, you'd have so many working spots that you may accidentally place it where it can't produce light. For instance, if you put it inside the clip compartment, I don't see how it would function as an effective light source.

In a sense, I sort of see 'freds' as materia from final fantasy 7. In this sense, I could see -maybe- some freds being placed into riflebutts, but that would about as far as I'd go.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Maybe I'm picturing it wrong on how a fred is infused into a weapon because I don't see it sticking out of the weapon as if it was melded to it. If that was the case then the look of the weapon would be all messed up and can you imaging having 25 of them infused? It would be all bumpy. I saw it as it's ability is there but can't be seen when you look the weapon. Yes, guns are mundane and i've seen them used by dwarves in other games so thats why I still try to push for freds to be fusable to marks weapons. Even tho its a lost cause, like how Yaru tries to push for housing on Loshei. But hey, this isnt the folder for discussion on freds so....next..
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Let's keep it friendly. That's not a request.

By the by, I've never fired a gun in my life. I also hope I never find reason to. If I did, however, I'd be in trouble if I had to account for anything beyond aim and shoot, unless the weapon safety is similar to the one on an air rifle.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject:

Wei Wao wrote:
For example, will uber-weapon-crafter Yaru be able to make me a halxna pulse gun with electric blue accents or will he just be able to make me a pulse gun?

Neither, probably - if Yaru stays an Artisan. Technicians make pulse guns. Wink But to really answer your question, the goal is to allow skilled crafters to customize your items as much as possible without endangering the integrity of the game (really horrible designs, typos, etc.)

Denavae wrote:
I asked that same question. Still waiting on an answer.

But from what I can tell, you can get a gun altered (read custom-made) at level 10. But, by level 20, you'll likely have found better parts, resources or weapons in general to go back and get that new one cosmetically changed.

But again. STill waiting to hear if this is how it'll be or not.

Hmm, didn't realize I'd skipped over something in the thread.

Yes, by level 20, you'd probably want to switch to a new gun, but yes, you could get this new gun cosmetically modified by skilled crafters to meet your personal style. And yes, it would take resources (and a crafter with sufficient expertise.)

Denavae wrote:
To make the weapon, yeah, probably. But to decorate it and embellish it? I think you'd need an artisan to do that.

Some cosmetic work could conceivably cross over, that's a very fine point that hasn't been hashed out. But without a doubt, the functionality of the weapon would be from the hands of a technician.

Denavae wrote:
I was under the impression artisans/techs would be able to change the TAP description through using materials and embellishments. So, provide a halxna ingot and an llirae ingot, along with all the necessary parts, you can make a halxna pulse gun with llirae accents or something like that. I am also under the impression they will be able to put a LOOK on it as well, but this may be wrong. Which is why I'm asking for clarification.

Keep in mind we're talking about systems that haven't actually been coded yet, so there's the potential for technical issues to crop up and specific limitations could in theory be necessary. But, as of this moment, your impression sounds feasible and correct to me.

Tao wrote:
No prob with that. If guns are mundane, shouldnt we be able to infuse freds onto them?

I have to say, when I made up a crazy word like "hiepahred", I didn't think they'd be dubbed "freds." Funny. Anyway, guns are considered technology, but not high-tech. I think that it's likely that guns will end up a hybrid case. An Artisan might build the gun, but high-tech scopes and what not would likely be technician made. If the gun were really high tech itself like a really fast rate of fire, or required and intricate cooling system or something - or if intended as a placement (cannon, ship weapon, etc.) it would be tech made (we're talking "modern" cannons, not the yo ho ho and a bottle of rum variety.)

Hiepahred don't work on guns because a) guns are powerful enough without them; and b) guns are considered tech.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Mickey- I thought I was being friendly, just stating my thoughts in opposed to Tao's. Maybe I came across a little too forward, and if that seemed less-then-friendly, I apologize.

Trevor- Sounds awesome, Trevor. I still have reservations about the system, but I'm actually looking forward to checking it out and seeing how it works. It seems like a good system, and if it works correctly, it'll be fun to figure out what can be done, and essentially push the system as far as we can.

Another question, though ... So far we've pretty much been talking about weapons, and I see those as mostly artisan made. Yes, hi-tech like pulse guns and phaseblades would be tech, but mostly it seems the artisans would get the brunt of the communities requests. To make Techies more useful in this sense (crafting and such) will they be able to make and build the intricate designs needed for medical equipment? I could see them having reign over making and designing bioscanners, optical emitters, etc, etc. Maybe even need one to 'build' a personal image machine for homes, too. It would also be neat to have "quests" for technicians to have them go find parts to fix something for an NPC character. Say, they request jobs from ... I dunno ... the civilian/errands person. At a certain level, they get one of a few jobs which they have to make and return to said person for a small monetary, experience, or other awards.

Also, taken from earlier in this post, the holotek cover for weapons. Could they be able to make something like that, as well ... if something similar is code-possible. What about holotek armors and backpacks, too?

Just a few other ideas that I think would be neat to see.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject:

In theory, all of the stuff you mentioned is possible, but the one item I'm most leary about is the holo-tek stuff. I guess on that one I'll just have to say "we'll see."

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Ambient messaging was just brought up over the character customization thread, and this is the best thread for my concern to be addressed in.

Please. Do not give items ambient messages. For the love of god, don't. Maybe for fairly rare, expensive alterations. I'd be okay with making it a controlled verb effect, but to have it just constantly spew the message out ever x-minutes is so damn annoying most of the time.

--William

ps: Or, if ambient messages turn out to be popular with most people and I'm in the minority, please make it so that people know from which character something is "ambienting". As it is now, you'll notice "the ring changed colours!" but you have no idea whose ring or any other indication of location.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » Equipment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: