FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
[high-end] ability ideas
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » [high-end] ability ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: [high-end] ability ideas

so with empowering sonatta going down in value (notation wise) because it's not that high level an ability, it clearly shows we need some higher level performer things. so, here we go. the names aren't facny so feel free to make them do so

off-beat
target: enemy
instrument: rhythm
usage: by focusing an off-beat rhythm at the target, the performer is capable of throwing the heart-beat of the target off, causing the victim to recover vitality slower than normal and become weaker against poison attacks at lower ends and severe stuns and possible death (heart attack!) at higher ends.

wall of sound
target: self
instrument: singing
usage: the performer is capable of singing with such force and power that the very air around him/her thickens, causing any attacks performed by non-fired weapons to function as if they were done underwater. along with this, fired weapons become extremely cumbersome, some not being able to travel at a fast enough speed to even reach the target. be warned, though, that weapons effective in underwater settings become even more effective against you. also, don't forget that you too face the same conditons.

power chord
target: enemy
instrument: strings
usage: face it, all performers sometimes just want to rock out. this attack sends a sound wave at the enemy, causing not only physical damage but a higher than normal chance to stun. an amazingly apt performer can also strike so well that there may be vocal backlashes that strike the target a second or third time, as well.

and let's have a cool high level ability, as well.

encore
as performers are masters of the stage/acting (and thus, mimicry), this ability allows the performer to cast a spell or psionic ability that he or she just witnessed taking place, regardless of his or her normal ability to do so. the higher a performer's reputation, the more encores can be performed before being required to witness the spell or psionic ability again. a performer can't remember something for too long, though, and can never remember more than one thing at a time. even performers have limits.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject:

Those are awesome ideas.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject:

swinger's ball
target: group
restriction: only one in group
instrument: dancing
racial: human
usage: invoking the musical ways of a massively bygone era, the performer rouses the his her herself and the other member of the group into a massive dancing frezny. during this time, the performer and the partner can do a variety of dance moves that can do massive damage to enemies. only the most acrobatic people should even attempt to do these moves, and, depending on what move is being done (and if you are leading or following), you may want to be strong and/or agile as well. also, it should be a given that some of these moves should not be done while another is still in motion (RT). a bonus damage modifier is added to those who also train unarmed.
notes: performers excell at this combat system. guardians, who are known for being masters of hand to hand combat, come in second. all others come in third. along with that, most group moves require the leader to be strong and the follower to be agile. mots solo moves require agility

moves unlocked during swinger's ball:
SWING (group move)
usage: The leader grabs the follower and twirls him/her around his/her neck, causing the follower's body to violently (yet somehow elegantly) crash into all enemies at melee and pole.
Code:
>swing Mary
With perfect stride, you grab Mary by her waist, hoist her in the air, and spin her quickly around your neck, delivering crippling blows to the enemies around you.

SPLIT (solo move)
usage: the member who does this move leaps into the air and assaults the two flanking enemies. while this move is in effect, it leaves the door open for...
Code:
>split
You leap high into the air and lash your legs out at a perfect 180 degree angle, knocking those flanking you to the ground!

SLIDE (solo move)
usage: this focused attack occurs when the user dives underneath the partner who is in a SPLIT move and takes advantage of the previous move's motion to surprise a single target with a low blow, causing the target to stumble (RT) and possibly fall. a truly apt partner who is in a SPLIT move may also take advantage of hitting this target with another kick, causing massive damage.
Code:
>slide
Taking advantage of a perfect opening, you dive under Bob's legs and deliver a swift scissor kick to the X infront of you, causing it to stumble forward awkardly.

Bob siezes the moment to twist his body and cause his left leg to slam into X's neck, causing it to crash to the ground unconcious!

SPIN (group move)
usage: this move exists to help the pair regain balance and build up speed for latter attacks.

FLIP (group move)
usage: this move is a more focused SWING attack, where the target is dealt a massive blow.

BALBOA (group move)
usage: the pair move in close together, reducing their multi opp penalty for a short time

LINDY (group move)
usage: the pair split apart, grab two enemies, and twirl them into each other (and causing possible stun damage) before meeting up again. if there aren't two enemies available, then one member spins the enemy toward the other, who then trips it.

SHAG (group move OR self move)
usage: the pair (or the solo member) unleashes a series of fierce kicks, assaulting all those around them.

JIVE (group move OR self move)
usage: the pair (or the solo member) unleashes a series of fast hand movements meant to confuse the opponent(s). a flashy dancer may slip in the occasional punch or slap to the mix.
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject:

Haha that'd be so cool...all of them. And yay for upper level abilites. It's kind of nice to be able to do everything, but still...it'd be nice to have things to work up toward.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject:

It would be interesting if there could be a spellsong/ability that was essentially the combined effect of all the performance-enhancing spellsongs into a single action, but would require all of those spellsongs as a pre-req. I don't know if that'd make any sense in-character, but it would be a great timesaver.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject:

I'm going to pretend you're kidding.

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject:

You are correct, sir.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject:

hum ::non-fired weapon::
skill: rhythm
performer only

Self:
Focusing on an inner beat, the performer unleashes a distinct hum that is absorbed into a held non-fired weapon, causing it to vibrate. Said vibrations cause all wounds inflicted to cause greater physical damage (aka: a good hit is still a good hit and cause -X vit damage, but may mangle instead of scuff the area hit, etc), yet also makes it harder to land hits, as well. Strength and coordination can reduce the penalty caused by the vibration factor, while mentality and rhythm lower the vibration-related penalty initially.

Other:
Focusing on an inner beat, the performer unleashes a distinct hum at a another. On the low end all roundtimes caused when using a non-fired weapon are increased, and on the high end they may even fumble and drop them. Missile weapons are harder to aim on the low end and may also fumble on the high end. Strength and coordination can reduce these penalties.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Ah, freaking hell. You just reminded me that I forgot to do the DoF directed attack.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Very Happy
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » [high-end] ability ideas
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: