FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
wine making (possibly spoilers?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » wine making (possibly spoilers?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Probably not for most people here
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
Probably not for most people here

LOL! Unbelievable. Heh.
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Code:
As you pop the seal on your fermentor a stong odor fills the air. Vinegar may have place in the kitchen, but not in your fermentor.  With a sigh of frustration you empty the contents of your fermentor.

I have 3 ferms in my home. All 3 are filled with the 3-mixer with 1 yeast and 1500 sugar. The first batch comes out fine, but the other two turned out to be vinegar. Why is that? They were done the same day. All the same amounts of sugar and yeast. What went wrong? Tainted berries?
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Out of the two I just did, I needed at least 2000 units of sugar per. It may have been somewhere between 1900-2000 though, but I didn't feel like getting that specific.

So ... mebbe you accidentally had more sugar in the first one then you thought?

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:
Out of the two I just did, I needed at least 2000 units of sugar per. It may have been somewhere between 1900-2000 though, but I didn't feel like getting that specific.

So ... mebbe you accidentally had more sugar in the first one then you thought?

Unless Randy tweaked things, I've been using 1500 sugar for all my batches and never had a problem. If the first one had too much sugar, it would have either turned them all to vinegar or the first one would have just been vinegar.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject:

is it possible you forgot to add yeast?

ugh, i have twelve fermenters i need to drain. i was uber-lazy this week and now i'm all behind. hopefully they're not all sour!
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject:

No i added the yeast.
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I just filled up both of my home fermentors, and they both took 2k in sugar. I even tested at 1500 and again at 2000. Unless of course, cooking plays a part and lowers how much sugar is needed or something.

Too much sugar doesn't turn it to vinegar, though. It's not having enough.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject:

i don't think the cooking skill does anything yet, at all.

that said i just drained 10 fermenters and nothing went wrong.
Xavain

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject:

HR-Randall wrote:
No this was a random lag in the increase in prices, it will do that every so often, used to simulate a stagnated market for 6-14 days. None of the wines should have increased in this time

So, after 15 days if the value hasn't gone up then it's reached it's maximum age?
 Back to top »
HR-Randall

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject:

mosy likely
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject:

I originally posted this in the General Discussions-Component Bags thread because Xil brought it up there but then realized it's better suited here so deleted that one and posting it here.

indigone wrote:
HR-Trevor - 9/12/07 wrote:
But at this point, the only other changes I personally see as a must to anything remotely related to this topic is the issue of massive amounts of wine turning into free money by sitting around and aging. Randall and I will be discussing this issue and working out the best approach, because like bureaucrat interest, wine is currently producing a lot of effortless money in the form of just letting objects sit around and grow in value.

I don't think my wine has appreciated since this was posted. Is that a bug, normal, has the market completely flattened, or does wine now take ALOT longer to actually age?

I've had wine on the racks for just over 2 months now and it's only gone up $1168. Just offering the info in case it helps. Used to by now it'd be maxed out at $13,115.

Oh, and these are the prices the guy at the diner offers me. I have a control sample that's maxed out that I ask him how much he'd buy for and then I take a bottle from the rack and ask him about that and compare the difference.

Someone else could get better prices for the same bottles I'm sure but it lets me know where the wine on the racks stand.
 Back to top »
HR-Randall

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject:

The aging process has slowed considerably since the beginning of September. It is still in place, but much slower.
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject:

HR-Randall wrote:
The aging process has slowed considerably since the beginning of September. It is still in place, but much slower.

It's been just a few days over 1 full month since the value of my wine has gone up, just wanting to make sure this is intended. Since the aging takes so long, and is possibly broken, I added two rooms to my house and filled em with wine racks. Will see what happens with those.
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Xavain wrote:
HR-Randall wrote:

It's been just a few days over 1 full month since the value of my wine has gone up, just wanting to make sure this is intended. Since the aging takes so long, and is possibly broken, I added two rooms to my house and filled em with wine racks. Will see what happens with those.

Bah! No reason to check on my wine then. :p
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » wine making (possibly spoilers?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: