FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Is it easier for females to play non-combat classes?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Is it easier for females to play non-combat classes?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it easier for females to play non-combat classes without about backlash from the pvp community?
Yes
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
No
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Is it easier for females to play non-combat classes?

Given my many ponderings on the mind of man, this one popped onto my head. Given most text-based RPG's have a good level of pvp, and most of the pvp war-mongerers are men.

My question is this: Is it easier for females to play non-combat classes without about backlash from the pvp community?
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject:

I'm going to say yes on this for two reasons.

Reason 1: Most women don't have testosterone running through their veins that make them WANT to stand up for whatever. So they are less likely to be drawn into a PvP situation. Not saying this is true for all, but it is a general guideline.

Reason 2: While most women won't do this, there are some who will yell harassment at the smallest prevocation. With this in mind, most men tend to give women a wide berth in the fear of being banned for harassment.
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject:

We have real females playing this game? Shocked

Oh yeah, and what "backlash" are you talking about?
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject:

In general, which means generally speaking, which means there are exceptions, women can get away with just a bit more in text-based RPG's, or pending your statement, all the flaming gay guys playing as chicks to get teh man meat. A level 10 hot-bod female <profession> telling mr 90th level uber buttkick to screw off may or may not be killed. But as Denavae said, pending teenage angst and testosterone, a level 10 not-so-hot-bod male <profession> telling mr 90th level uber buttkick to screw off will definitely be killed. And that is the backlash I mean. I blame poor wording or improper word usage on lack of sleep, food, and Dexter.

In closing I end with this: Try not to avoid how you yourself look at situations, instead look at the bigger picture and avoid the self-scope. And please, please don't bring up exceptions to the rule like the bloodthirsty merc who will kill man woman child and aiba. It's a generalized poll, on a generalized topic. And also, I will not be voting in this poll.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject:

this is such a dopey poll.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject:

This is like saying women can't be in the military because they get infections if they're in the trenches for too long. And that their periods would just freak everyone else out.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject:

in general, more the combat inept a class is, the more it's frowned upon to pvp them (see: empaths in DR, who can't fight back at all). this is regardless of sex.

i've never seen male characters treated differently than female characters, with the exception of the way either gender character is treated by a character played by someone overly hormonal and looking to get off via HR.
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Consider this a standing invitation for anyone who votes "yes" to meet yours truly at the sparring grounds where we can discuss your opinion in further detail.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject:

i'd love to know what actual serious gamers outside of highschool think girls can't play video games well, let alone competitive ones.
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject:

See.. the great thing about being a female gamer is you get vastly underestimated. Which is, of course, our moment to pounce. Feel free to gab away... I'll just be creeping up behind you.

Another thing I think is that the reason you don't find too many female players being in a strictly combat-oriented class is cause 1) there's other things that we can find amusing other than killing things and 2) (even moreso in HR) just about every class can be turned into one that can still bash someone's skull in. (Refer to diagram 4.7. Zamde.)

Sure, Haidee doesn't hunt for a living...ever, but I'm sure she could kill maybe 90% or so of the population. But I think, as was mentioned before, most of us don't have the nagging need to show everyone else how 1337 we are by putting one more PK under our belt that it seems like a great deal of guys do.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm not voting because I cannot believe it is truly that big a factor. And I don't believe there's a backlash, either.

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject:

and while it's not like i can see the numbers, dollars to donuts say the top three characters have mellie and zamde somewhere in there.
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject:

I voted yes cause I wanna roll in da dirt with dat hottie Zamde. Heh.
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject:

i voted no

reason being is it varies from char to char depending on how they rp themselves

dreg is strictly against pvp but her attitude and big mouth attracts that kind of environment to her Twisted Evil
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
i voted no

reason being is it varies from char to char depending on how they rp themselves

dreg is strictly against pvp but her attitude and big mouth attracts that kind of environment to her Twisted Evil

Eh? Is this poll about PVPing. Can I change my vote?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Is it easier for females to play non-combat classes?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: