FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
can't have it both ways.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » can't have it both ways.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: can't have it both ways.

players can't complain about not enough GM events happening while a GM event IS happening, then act amazed that they don't happen often enough, completely disregarding the fact that maybe their demands of "it's not good enough!" generally discourage things from taking place.

seriously, folks. why would an events GM want to hold events, if the general reaction is "oh well this isn't happening fast enough! i don't want to follow the plot!"

argh. it makes it hard for me to want to try to keep some of you goofballs up to date so you can jump in at any time and still feel like part of the event, and all i have to do is type some shit up every so often.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention this type of behavior generally discourages those who are actively part of it, as well as discouraging the GM's who could be putting their time into live but are spicing up beta so it isn't the same old run around fish-mine-forage-make potions-cyber-daydream-rinsewashrepeat.

And I actually think it's rather nice of Yaru + Crew to update the situation on a constant basis...I'm highly against OOC information on IC events...I know it can be all "Man I missed what happened" and it sucks...But usually 99% of people use OOC information Icly, which is another thing I'm against.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Cadoc

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
And I actually think it's rather nice of Yaru + Crew to update the situation on a constant basis...

I agree, It allowed me to keep up to date when I couldnt be around for a while. As much as I wanted to be part of this event, but so far out of it that I need to try and catch up. So thanks.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject:

Cadoc wrote:
So thanks.

thanks. while i'm sure not everyone loves yaru's special and unique brand of excitement over everything in the known world (as seen by those who squelched him/me yet still also feel the need to insult him/me for being excited, which is really just lame), it does baffle me that some people would rather just not know of the event going on at all, and instead grind away making potions/foraging/hunting/etc.

and this is from someone who generally loves grinding away making tons of profit + levels + win.
Morgana

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

I realize this may raise hackles, but it really needs to be said.

While most of us appreciate the time the GM’s take to RP with us, it’s also very difficult to get excited over a half done job. I’m irritated with those few that get mad at me for not being more involved in something that happens now and then. I’ve been the ‘shoulder’ that people lean on to tell me how disappointed they are with the whole thing. And I’m in accordance with them.

It truly feels like it’s a plot off the cuff, and they wing it whenever they’re able to take some time to do it. It appears that no one has taken the time to plan the whole thing out before it’s release. It also seems to be that someone started it with a plan in mind then left. Then someone else tried to pick it up, and got busy doing something else. Then someone tried to fix it, had to leave, and did a poor job. And now it’s seems that a handful of GM’s are doing their best by going back and trying to fix everything with the limited free time they have available.

Yes I do appreciate the effort involved in trying to fix it, but I am also insulted that I am expected to jump right into a story line that’s been dead, and act like it all happened yesterday. And then to have a child basically spam thoughts that we are all idiots every two minutes does not help one to take it seriously or want to participate.

Remember when that assassin all of a sudden appeared killed, yelled at us for not understanding then just as quickly disappeared. How can we know when a GM is trying to be serious and want us to figure things out when there’s been no forethought or planning or a history?

Do I want RP plots created? Yes. Do I want to participate? Yes. Do I want some semblance of a known outline that they GM's follow? Yes. Am I going to bow down and thank the powers that be, to give me a story line that is barely thought out, rarely worked on and pat them him/her on the back for a job not done well? No.

I realize that I’m not a candidate for brown nosing but I’m also not going to sit back say nothing when I’m being called an idiot.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

For the record...Planned rp + Guidelines + Rules + IT has to be this way or no way = You partaking in someone else's story with no real role but what they had for you...

RP isn't supposed to be planned...It's supposed to flexible, to accomodate the random and unpredictable nature of humans.

On yahoo...We would say La Nub...But I was an elitest bastard there...

*BUT*

My biggest gripe isn't even that you don't approve of it...Feel free to do as you like...

My biggest gripe is that you disapprove of it so strongly that you want to ruin the fun for others by bringing your tired thoughts to a public means of communication.

Was Yaru's constant telepathic nagging of me out of hand? Probably. It didn't bother me none (Try being hounded and stalked by him in person and on telepathy. Still dudn't bother me.)

Solution: Squealch him. Don't go on some OOC hissy fit and threaten to break mood and break character for everyone else. It's VERY unbecoming.[/b]
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

I'd never get mad at you for not wanting to get involved, and if I did come off that way I'm sorry, but it really is frustrating as a player (and I'm sure also frustrating for the GMs) when people are going around doing a plot and people then start really just going all OOC and saying things like "oh what's the point, they won't advance anything tonight" and so on.

I mean, if you don't feel you can have fun in the event, feel free to say so on the boards and mention why- your points are valid ones. But when it's taken into the game and I hear someone complaining about things that are ten different flavors of OOC... it pretty much kills the mood. The event, last night, was going great until some people started acting OOC about it. Morgana, you were probably the least OOC one, but really it's still a real punch in the gut when people are going around in game complaining about how the event is too slow.

if you said what you did on the boards, i'd be fine with it. hey, i've given feedback like "oh god why are the corrupt paladins/assassins so hard" myself. but it's different to do so here than to shoot telepathic messages like "the paladins are too hard lower their levels if you can" or whatever.

i'd have zero problem if morgana was just saying yaru sucked, because, as we all know, yaru does suck. he's a good bit spoiled, pretty full of himself, and also raised by the general populous of llanfair, which caused him to be even more crass/full of himself/loud, because that's how the general populous he interacts with acts. and it isn't like other people don't have me squelched (which i find silly/ooc, but whatev).
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I just wanted to pipe in here and say I'm sorry that some of you feel the event is half done and not well thought out, but even the best laid plans don't always go where you want them to. Things happen IG to change the story (as expected in an RP event), that can be controlled to an extent, life happens to change who's involved, that can't. If you don't want to participate, that's your choice, but understand that we're all putting in as much time and effort as we can to make something fun for you guys and we're rolling with the punches just like everyone else.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

SethVentril500 wrote:
Was Yaru's constant telepathic nagging of me out of hand? Probably. It didn't bother me none (Try being hounded and stalked by him in person and on telepathy. Still dudn't bother me.)

Yes, completely.

It is hard for people to "get into" any story line if they only can be awake parttime. Yesterday was really the first time I was available to get involved.

However, I tuned out of the entire event based on the constant negative, bickering thoughts of Yaru and Seth, which degraded far, far away from any decent story line into who is more of an ass. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

<grin> as though anyone really cared whether or not Xil was involved. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
HR-Tkiro

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
<grin> as though anyone really cared whether or not Xil was involved. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Was nice to see Xil out and about.

Though, in the future, Rkaren will attempt to minimize the bickering. Forcefully, if need be. It annoyed him quite a bit, too.

Just gave me a hell of a headache.(I have never seen so much pink in my life!)
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

HR-Tkiro wrote:
Just gave me a hell of a headache.(I have never seen so much pink in my life!)

Thought speedbumps <nods>.
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
RLH

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I am curious to see how this event ended up. Is it over? Though I dont participate much in GM ran events because of the violence that is usually involved <read- I am never big enough to kill the stuff that needs to be killed but if I could I would> I am curious to find out what happend to the Alteri and the 'nappers.

"The real issue isnt whether or not there is a morally acceptable amount of sex or violence, the real issue is; how can we put more sex in our violence?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xavain Gramorham says, "Yet you wanted to marry Mellie."
You hear the voice of Yaru Dex say, "For her MONEY geez! Not her VA****!."
 Back to top »
HR-Tkiro

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Is it over?

No.

Quote:
Though I dont participate much in GM ran events because of the violence that is usually involved <read>

Up until Rkaren showed up, this event was quite non-violent. Likewise, most other events(that I know of) have had minimal combat aspects.

Quote:
I am curious to find out what happend to the Alteri and the 'nappers.

They escaped from their holding room in the Mansion and are currently dispersed. One managed to find safety, but was captured again. That's all I'll say on that.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

i am quite curious how those guys got into the light shrine to grab him.

then again, i think since we players pulled the idea of using oshib's protection as a way to ward off the baddies out of our asses, you GMs were really nice to play along like you did, anyway.
HR-Tkiro

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i am quite curious how those guys got into the light shrine to grab him.

They didn't. Wink

I will admit I should have done something more when he was taken...no one was around the shrine. Didn't feel right to 'announce' it. Same deal with when Rkaren in the temple. Had Yaru followed him west(you probably missed him un-stalking you) he would have seen what Rkaren was actually there for. Wink
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » can't have it both ways.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: