FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Skinning Request
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Skinning Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Skinning Request

Can looking at a bundle either have no round time, or add to existing roundtime?

It's a bit silly that I can lean on people in RT, as well as do a myriad of other physical emotes that I really couldn't do if I was focusing on skinning or tailoring, but it's too much strain for me to glance at a bundle of furs in my backpack.

I understand the counting round time, but for the looking...Meh. It doesn't take a 2 second rt to look at a backpack full of tailoring materials, or threads, or pouches/backpacks/mortars filled with forageables (unless I missed something or it's been implemented).
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Skinning Request

SethVentril500 wrote:
Can looking at a bundle either have no round time, or add to existing roundtime?

It's a bit silly that I can lean on people in RT, as well as do a myriad of other physical emotes that I really couldn't do if I was focusing on skinning or tailoring, but it's too much strain for me to glance at a bundle of furs in my backpack.

I agree. Roundtime check added to LEAN (which should have been there all along).

SethVentril500 wrote:
I understand the counting round time, but for the looking...Meh. It doesn't take a 2 second rt to look at a backpack full of tailoring materials, or threads, or pouches/backpacks/mortars filled with forageables (unless I missed something or it's been implemented).

I'd beg to differ that it's completely effortless since you are seeing all the contents of the bundle, and if anything this is a case to add a roundtime to looking at the contents of ALL containers. Still, I made bundles so that a) they add to RT instead of blocking the action in RT (because it doesn't take much effort, just a little time), and now the RT is shorter and non-existent if the bundle only contains a handful of skins.

For the record, I'm not a proponent of the "this is broken so everything else should be" angle.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't implying it's broken or something else. I apologize if it came off as that way. But now that I know your reasoning for the RT to looking at the bundle, it's not so much a big deal.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject:

that said, coordination (I think) reduces the RT from rummage a ton.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:

I was more or less just wondering if the RT from looking at it could be a stacking RT. Like when your character is REALLY drunk...If you're say tailoring and in rt, and you get a drunkenness rt, it adds to the current RT. I used to think it was an action that could be done while doing other things, though after Trevor revealing the reasoning behind it, I can understand a separate RT.
---
---
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:

SethVentril500 wrote:
I wasn't implying it's broken or something else. I apologize if it came off as that way. But now that I know your reasoning for the RT to looking at the bundle, it's not so much a big deal.

Don't worry, I didn't take any offense at anything you said. I felt it deserved some clarification from a design goal standpoint, though.

Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Trevor you're awesome. Thanks much for a tacked on round time instead of a new one. Kick ass.
---
---
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Sure thing.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Skinning Request
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: