FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Square...*cringe*....Enix!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Square...*cringe*....Enix!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Awesome. I've been lurking these damn forums for days awaiting Trevor's response. Haha...I remember the couple of times we talked about Final Fantasies before.

I didn't mention Kingdom Hearts because, IMHO, it's not Final Fantasy. That would be like me adding Ergheiz to the list just cause it had cloud. There are actually quite a few final fantasies I didn't mention.

I played KH, I loved Kingdom Hearts. I just don't true consider it a FF.

Tactics, I liked Tactics, it was ok...I consider it more of a FF spinoff than a true FF game...Kinda like Chocobo Dungeon or something *snicker*

FF10-2, I played it...I got up to the part where Yuna was in the moogle suit...I loved the systems, but as my reason for it not being up to par is because of who they geared the game towards...Though Paine is seksay. And ZOMG!!!111ONE NO SUMMONS!? WTH!?!?!?!?!? Whar mah Bahamut and Odin at!? *cries* This wasn't truely a big deal for me, but it was upsetting.

FF8...Maybe I misworded, or things were misconstrued...Some of the characters indeed were original...But pretty much only the ones you named. Irvine and Quistis. And I liked Quistis...What maturing young lad wouldn't like a school teacher who uses whips!?...But Squall to me seemed like a tired remake of Cloud...Selphie = Yuffie on crack + sugar candy. Rinoa = Gender Changed Shadow with emotional issues (*chuckle* Joking...Threw that in because of the pet comment). As for Zell...I won't go there....If Cait Sith is the most annoying character ever...And Gau is second...And Selphie is 3rd...Then certainly Zell MUST be 4th...Oh how I hated Zell.

I'm not dissing the FMV of FF8, they were gorgeous at their time, and the story was ok...But I just couldn't feel for the characters, I felt detached with them...And in a story, it's bad if you can't feel with or for the characters.

Btw, sidenote....Could you tell FF8 was made by geeks? What was it that gave it away? The pudgy headmaster getting with the totally hot goth sorceress? *G*

FF9 did have some parts I didn't like...But in general, it redeemed the flaws of FF8 for me...Though as for ff9, I didn't beat it...I couldn't bring myself to get past the part where I was supposed to go into the shining city...But I do whole-heartedly agree with you about the childish characters...Though Steiner <3, and Freya too.

FF10...Once again...Great FMV's, ok story (though a tad predictable)...But like I said...It was too much change, and the BIGGEST disappointment with this was the absolutely horridly linear story...But I do have to thank FF10 for THE hardest challenge ever...Getting Tidus's ultimate weapon...I used to like chocobos...But after FF10...All I have are nightmares of them taunting me while I'm ducking seagulls and pink beach balls....*fetal position* MAKE IT STOP!!!

FF7 & Franchises - I don't think my opinion on this will ever change...I will always love FF7...But I am thoroughly disappointed at SquareEnix's sudden need to make sequals....What's next? A spinoff version of Final Fantasy that's like pokemon but with summon monsters?

*chucks out a red materia* I choose you, Neo Bahamut!

Neo Bahamut uses solar beam on Odin...
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I look at it like this: You come to really love certain characters and then they're gone forever. I love the sequels, prequels, what not. I know FF will always be a series of new beginnings, sequels will always be the exception, not the rule, so I don't mind squeezing out some more of the characters I love.

I'd LOVE to see Auron again - some day. I'd also love to see FF8 remade with better graphics, voices and much more character development. But I count that as really unlikely. Maybe remade, but not with tons of extra content too.

I do think it's time to put FF7 to rest (except remake it with nice graphics for PS3 which I've heard they're doing) and such but enough spinoffs and sequels I think. If you're going to dig up the dead, dig up FF2, or FF3 and let Golbez terrorize us again, see what King Cyan's up to (god don't bring kefka back), etc.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Lacking a ps2 for the longest time, I haven't played any of the newer ones, but I've played up to 9. The first one I ever played was 7, so I got into the series of course. I only played 8 for a very limited amount at a friends house, so I can't comment much on it. I liked 9, but thought that the story line was too much a carbon copy of 7 in my opinion when I finished the game.

(Welcomes back the Penguin Crusader)
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I've enjoyed every FF game I've played(Which would be all of them, excluding 11 and the new cell/handheld stuff.)

I'm looking forward to the end of the month, for 12 to hit.(Played the demo that came with Dragon Quest 8 and I loved it)

I haven't seen The Spirit Within for various reasons(the claimed suck-itude not among them).

I liked Advent Children a lot and love the soundtrack.

I(briefly) played Dirge of Cerberus and liked that quite a bit, too.

I could go on and on and on about why I liked all of the various titles, but that wouldn't change anything.(Plus, Trevor did a decent job of that)

Hell, I even liked Mystic Quest to an extent.

-Chris

PS: Yay. Welcome back, Arden!

PPS: Dragon Warrior was my first console game. Only DQ game I haven't played is 7, now. 8 was pretty hawesome, but 4's still my favorite.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Spirits Within would have been good if they just called it "spirits within"...

But it's not worthy of the FF title...
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject:

I'm not going to weigh in on the sundry list of Final Fantasy games, suffice it to say I enjoyed all of them at the time I played, but I will say that as an avid gamer who actively dislikes FPS's, I really really had a good time playing Dirge. I admittedly never got to play much of 7, let alone recruit Vincent, but I liked the character plenty in DoC.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject:

The spirits within was a good movie. I actually don't think it was completely against the spirit of FF either, it had a lot of the "spirit", no pun intended. What it didn't have were some elements people consider important to FF's - magic, summons, chocobos, etc. FF:AC lacked most of that too - most of it - but it had all the familiar characters and the familiar setting so it was fine.

I actually liked Spirits Within quite a bit, I was just disappointed they didn't make it feel more like a game-related movie.

Back to top »
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject:

I was very disappointed with Advent Children. The only time you even got to see the best characters were in brief glimpses at the end.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -- Bilbo Baggins
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:

HR-Arden wrote:
I was very disappointed with Advent Children. The only time you even got to see the best characters were in brief glimpses at the end.

Yeah, it seemed to me like there were alot of big holes in it, as if they whipped together a bunch of small bits of this and that hoping people would consider it a movie. <shrugs>
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I was just disappointed they didn't make it feel more like a game-related movie.

on the extended version i'm sure they'll have 10 hours of deleted random battle scenes.
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Best part of the movie was when the cell phone rang and it was the "Yay we won!" theme. Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

I thought that was funny also. Vincent has a cell phone in DoC, too, but the ring is different.

Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm boycotting Advent Children and all FF7 spinoffs...But I really wanna see it.

Sad
---
---
 Back to top »
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:

This is far better than Advent Children, if you're boycotting just watch this instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmWncqNiK8U

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -- Bilbo Baggins
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

HR-Arden wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmWncqNiK8U

jesus christ

Laughing
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Square...*cringe*....Enix!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: