Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Raid Missions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Raid Missions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Raid Missions

I just wanted to offer up a little more info on these. Like excavations, you'll be transported to a land far, far away. I've intended these to be group endevors, but for those who do choose to take the trip solo, should you perish out there, your carcass will be transported back to the ship at the end of the mission.

Also, I'd like some feedback on the difficulty of the critters involved. They are set at the current moment to closely mirror the Trooper requesting the mission, but please let me know if you feel they need to be adjusted.

Any other feedback is also welcome as always. Enjoy!

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

oh mannnnnn

i am so jealous that i can't go on these myself. well, without a trooper. but you know. Wink
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject:

dreg was lucky enough to go on one of these missions and she absolutely loved it!

critter wise well dreg found them way to easy to kill and dreg isn't one of these people who can kill everything i think she is still hunting grags .

would love to see some of the critters hiding or throwing in random things like smoke bombs ,flash bombs distorting the view in some of the areas probly because it would mean dreg being a tracker would be asked on more missions Twisted Evil

oh and dreg was a bit dissapointed that she couldnt rob the dead bodies and steal things like mission papers , nametags, weapons Twisted Evil seems the enemy foresaw this and stashed all their loot Twisted Evil
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
critter wise well dreg found them way to easy to kill and dreg isn't one of these people who can kill everything i think she is still hunting grags

I had not expected such a turn out for groups going in, so they were geared more towards the individual Trooper's skills and stats. I'm currently updating it so that the group members have more of an effect on the creatures generated (thus why they aren't back out yet), and it will default to the Trooper if they go solo.

Quote:
oh and dreg was a bit dissapointed that she couldnt rob the dead bodies and steal things like mission papers , nametags, weapons

I'm adding that in as well. Very Happy

I expect it should be another day or two and then they'll be back with improvements!

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Quote:
critter wise well dreg found them way to easy to kill and dreg isn't one of these people who can kill everything i think she is still hunting grags

I had not expected such a turn out for groups going in, so they were geared more towards the individual Trooper's skills and stats. I'm currently updating it so that the group members have more of an effect on the creatures generated (thus why they aren't back out yet), and it will default to the Trooper if they go solo.

i'm kinda shocked you didn't think us awesome RPers wouldn't want to go on hunting missions, thus giving our violent outbursts more of a storyline beyond "yeah i kinda went into the mountain to shoot some kucho. again"

Laughing
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I just wanted to post a quick note in case any Troopers were wondering. Raids will be down again briefly as I make a couple more changes. I wanted to stress that it has always been intended that the Trooper actually participate in the mission, and not let the group handle the brunt of their duty. Therefore, you will notice when they are re-released (hopefully later this evening) that once the party lands, they will be moved from the drop ship to the landing site.

Thanks for your patience with me on this guys!

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Moka

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: ummm

In that case sorry to all you upper level players that want to do raids. I will not take anyone on a raid again because I don't enjoy fighting enemies I can't hit and die'n for nothing. Guess thats the way the cookie crumbles.
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

the raids have been great . sorry i messed it up for someone Sad
loved the last raid and searchin the dead bodies would be great to steal some medals or stripes off the dead too Twisted Evil

dreg is always available for any up and coming raids she makes a great target and distraction Twisted Evil

it would be nice to see the occasional raid coming to llanfair too for those none troopers and also be good rp for troopers to gain control over the city if it is attacked Twisted Evil

could we see some huge raids coming up where maybe every profession can get involved to aid the troopers

say triage manned by medics . psionics pinpointing the major threats, artisans drawing up raid maps, trackers infiltrating enemy targets,mages ,mercs and troopers of course being the offense , agents acting as spies ?guardians obviously trying to keep the peace and protect the innocent victems and performers sent in to boost moral ?

would be great to see the rp oppertunities if big raids randomly occurred Twisted Evil
Symbolis

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Zrel will be picking up group raids shortly.

Keep an eye on telepathy.
 Back to top »
Moka

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: DNA sample missions.

If your going to do that to raid missions how about doing the samething to sample missions....I have seen a trooper pass a sampler to a higher level play to get all the samples for him without going on the hunt. Is that right?
Symbolis

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If your going to do that to raid missions how about doing the samething to sample missions....I have seen a trooper pass a sampler to a higher level play to get all the samples for him without going on the hunt. Is that right?

Depends. I've had some higher creatures on sample runs, that Zrel had zero chance of hitting, so he'd pass them off to Nkehu(usually while still being in the same room with the critters and at least trying to smack them around.). She'd kill, he'd collect.

And then, higher up, you get something like scourges while you have a sad 100 in Swimming...so how, exactly, would you suggest preventing a Trooper from passing off all the work on someone higher? Trooper needs to collect 1/3 or 2/3 samples?

Just wondering how you would expect this to be regulated.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Ok, on further consideration, I just left the raid missions as they were. It'd be too hard to police and if I shut off the ship from people during the mission, then there would be no safe place to retreat to if things got too hectic. These will definitely change for live. Also I would like to reiterate that it is still intended for the Trooper to actively participate in the mission.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Also I would like to reiterate that it is still intended for the Trooper to actively participate in the mission.

well you could bring cowardice charges against any troopers not serving their duty or awol charges .......

i prefer the cowardice charges (cowardice is firing sqaud punishable aint it?) Twisted Evil

footnote: smoka did leave the ship and tried attacking but couldnt hit one of them this time round so does that count as cowardice or bravery ? Twisted Evil
Moka

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: ummm

Is there anyway of increasing the odds of getting a raid mission? The last 15 or 20 missions I have gotten have been all but a raid....would like more raids then gaurd duties DNA runs or latrine cleaning.
Kelasa

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject:

Maybe you could make it so that after x amount of menial chores done, a trooper can request a raid. That way the guard duty and latrine cleaning doesn't get neglected, but if a trooper gets the menials out of the way they can sponser a raid for people to work together on.. when they have people interested.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Raid Missions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: