HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Nice, thanks!

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Aire

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:

My biggest dream for live would be to see the artisan profession dissolved as it is now (no offense meant to the presiding GM Guru), and split into something of a sub-class among all the professions. Not that I'd watnt to lock say Trackers into the role of Fletching or anything, but I'd like to see Artisan itself as a major subclass, with the ability to pick a path, or a couple of paths along the line. So maybe I could be a Performer who likes to make arrows, or a Tracker who lives to make armor, or even a Guardian who spends his spare time making pottery. I just think it'd be cool e/specially/ from an RP standpoint to flesh out our characters. Think of it as a hobby that could turn a profit.
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject:

jaddan have the same bald headed problems as alteri but not the vanity so im sure dreg would mimic others Twisted Evil

instead of the bald head rub i'd love to see jaddan headslapping instead

dregonard lefear slaps her bald head *thud*

also love instead of the flex id love to have the ripple verb

dreg tries to ripple her muscles but the bulges didn't quite show up in the right places Twisted Evil

changed my mind on the 1 tracker thing now id love to see trackers being able to tame and capture animals or even some good natured hunting beasts to keep as pets Twisted Evil
Xavier

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Trooper: I would really like to see more missions for us in Live. They have some cool stuff now with the recent addition of raids and guard duty, so that helps. I would also like to see something similar to the mercs' desires. NPCs ever wanted for a crime that we have to bring in.

Psionic: I don't know. I just started and still trying to figure everything out.

In General: I would absolutely LOVE some kind of weapon crafting system. I like the idea of finding random parts for guns in boxes. It would also be cool to have guns that can be taken apart, like a sniper rifle that can be easily concealed by breaking it down. Just a silly idea. I would also like to see a more elaborate armor crafting system as well. Holden was recently given a cybernetic battle suit from the Trooper depot. I thought it might be kind of cool if say a trooper makes the base of the armor, the metal plates and what not, and then go to a tech to have some kind of implants placed in the armor to make it lighter or more protective. I think that is what I would like to see most in general. I would like to see more reasons for the different professions to interact. I think there's a lot of potential in that.

For example, the new raid missions. Sure, troopers can do them on their own. But what if there is an option for a group mission? Like... a trooper, a merc, a tech, and a tracker (I know. It sounds like the start of a bad joke, no?) are on a group mission together and each one has a pivotal part in that mission. Kind of like a Shadowrun. I don't know how the group thing would work for coding, but maybe if you had to list the profession of each member before you start or something. I don't know. Just an idea.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
For example, the new raid missions. Sure, troopers can do them on their own. But what if there is an option for a group mission? Like... a trooper, a merc, a tech, and a tracker (I know. It sounds like the start of a bad joke, no?) are on a group mission together and each one has a pivotal part in that mission. Kind of like a Shadowrun. I don't know how the group thing would work for coding, but maybe if you had to list the profession of each member before you start or something. I don't know. Just an idea.

Just FYI, the raid missions are group missions if you want them to be, nothing pivotal as far as who's involved (which is a cool idea, btw) but you can bring whoever you see fit.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Drusilla

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Psionics could really use something that leads to making money.

In general I would like see the game get harder in live. with a focus on travel being actual travel not just pour a damn potion and poof your there. when rift came out it change a lot more than anyone thought .. for one it put the only psionic community helping power on the back burner .. I busted my ass to get call to the dead only to have rift make it hardly needed at all ... down with rift .. and yes I use it too because its faster than instant recall ..
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:

I mostly agree with you, but want to clarify something. Call to the Dead was not on the original power list and was added way after we had people level 100. On the other hand, the Rifts potion was around before we had our first player in the game. There were some changes (I think it used to be self-teleport, not group and I know it used to be sipped instead of poured), but Rifts were always around.

Also, Psionics are intended to be a back burner profession, transportation-wise.

Now, about Live. Travel is going to be much more involved, hence vehicle skills and the like. The world's going to be a lot larger. MUCH larger, and a lot of change will come with it. Everything from teleportation to telepathy will have range limitations.

Teleporters are going to have to teleport in hops to go a long way, instead of going the long way in a hop. And, as always, the places you can actually teleport to will be limited, too.

I don't know if the Rifts potion will even be in Live. I don't see a lot of reason to keep it. If it does return it will be very different, much more limited.

The primary mode of transportation for most people will be by means of vehicles and mounts. Mages will retain group teleports to certain places, but will have to use the "hop" system to go from one point to another very far point. Psionics will remain as solo teleporters, and also have to endure hops.

I don't yet know how Call to the Dead will be affected, but it will have a range limitation. I also see the ability as actually more fitting for the Disciple profession than Psionics, but I don't want to slap Psi's in the face by taking away such an ability.

So, at the moment what I'm thinking is this: Psionics with Call to the Dead with a range limitation, and Disciples with a similar effect from a prayer to their god, with no or much wider range, BUT consuming a massive amount of favor from their god. That's one of the design goals for Disciples: earning favor that takes a long time to acquire, but can be burned quickly on truly amazing feats. In other words, a Disciple might have a better form of CttD, but it's something they can rarely afford to do, whereas a Psionic can do it at will, needing only focus.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Deblaeju

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

just getting caught up on the boards haven't read em in about year, so sorry late post.

profession:psi I believe they have been done very well and can't see too much room for improvement off the top of my head, in fact not even sure if will retrain this xmas and if i do, its more that i've discarding an extra weapon slot to gain more in other areas. since psi powers are most of what i use now almost exclusively. (which I love as thats why he became psi).
I'd like a way for psi's to have a specific way of makin money just haven't been able to really think of one. ( perhaps more defensive powers)

race: jaddan perhaps having there height etc have more effect. (as stated above about alteri) perhaps wrong here but jaddan are attuned to rocks created outta rocks or so i believe the legend say. so would be nice to have something related to stone

general: i'd have to say better economy system, balanced.. now potions are the main and most effective way of makin tons of money quick, I like how the jewelry system is set up in that ye not make a lot, don't like that it takes so long for so little tho:) fishing i think would be the second perhaps third way of makin money fast (once you catch more than get away) Smile right now that is. I'd like to see it so that ye can make the money in more than one way, yet not too fast.

also for general can't wait for the new training system to come out.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » #1 Thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: