Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
#1 Thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » #1 Thing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Symbolis

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
i'd love to be able to hunt risheso, just because i want their skins. THEIR SKINS!

Code:
>tap armor
You tap a suit of molded risheso hide armor.
>look armor
Incised upon the breast plate of this exquisitely crafted armor is a stylized clenched fist, a broken lance in its grip. The body armor has been molded to the muscular contours of the wearer, the sleek hide rippling over the abdomen. A swordarm pauldron sweeps low on the right arm, reinforced with blood red lkeret horn. A bony plate of blood red horn on the left forearm forms a broad buckler.

?
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

Symbolis wrote:
Quote:
i'd love to be able to hunt risheso, just because i want their skins. THEIR SKINS!

Code:
>tap armor
You tap a suit of molded risheso hide armor.
>look armor
Incised upon the breast plate of this exquisitely crafted armor is a stylized clenched fist, a broken lance in its grip. The body armor has been molded to the muscular contours of the wearer, the sleek hide rippling over the abdomen. A swordarm pauldron sweeps low on the right arm, reinforced with blood red lkeret horn. A bony plate of blood red horn on the left forearm forms a broad buckler.

?

altered armor is cheating. Razz
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I think it's a sort of social puzzle, and everyone wants to be a piece. And it was really part of our intent with HR (an intent that's fallen by the wayside a bit) to make professions more integral so that everyone needed someone else for certain things.

Trevor nailed it on the head here, I think. A few examples of profession based abilities that are a must and/or extremely useful: Medic: Healing/Raising; Trooper: Defending; Artisan: Large backpacks and some custom clothes; Psionic: Calling, Sharing Servents; Mage: Transporting!!, Alchemy maximus; Tracker: Transporting!!!; Performer: Transporting!!! (is it that obvious that I hate boats?)

Not all are created equal and we all have strengths and weaknesses. I love being a Guardian and have little complaint. Epolon's charismatic personality is quite the social contribution, I know! Wink But, with that said, having a skill that is part of the integrated social puzzle as Trevor referred to it, would be great for every profession. It creates this sort of interdependent network of skills and needs, which enhances social interaction.

(if I can have a second #2, I am craving the new skill system. )
 Back to top »
Nkehu
bluntmaster supreme!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A few examples of profession based abilities that are a must and/or extremely useful:.....Performer: Transporting!!!

except most dont ask performers for lifts Laughing (not that i'm complaining, nkehu express runs few and far between). honestly, i think the march of time is much more useful.

as for my #1 profession wish, it would have to be some kind of sonic attack for performers like a banshee wail would be awesome!

have to echo what was already said for my overall Live wish...a balanced economy.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Nkehu wrote:
as for my #1 profession wish, it would have to be some kind of sonic attack for performers like a banshee wail would be awesome!

YES YES YES
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Nkehu wrote:

YES YES YES

/third'd

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

dreg is always available to help with transport but like nkehu hardly ever gets asked .

as for the 1 tracker skill :id like to see trackers be able to build treehouses
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

I kind of would like to see a reduction in the availability of teleporting/instant-transporting abilities. Distances need to count for something.

I don't know why people complain about the boat situation we have right now. Have you kids ever tried going anywhere not on the mainland in DR? Holy god -- miss a boat and you're screwed for almost a whole day. The most we have to wait is maybe 10 minutes (to get from one side to another) if the boats get a little out of whack.

People have gotten pretty spoiled with Rift Potions, I think. They can run anywhere they want and then zap themselves back to Cloud Court whenever they're done. That's fine and all, but I'd like to see some kind of drawback (most potions need one too, but that's another subject altogether) along the lines of RT-inducing illnesses and/or temporary stat and skill penalties.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

A suggestion from a player the other day was that rift potions occasionally take you to other (safe) locations, randomly.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

I can't speak for other professions (although I can certainly hope), but I can assure you ahead of time that any potential "teleportation" on the Performer card in Live will, at best, be exceptionally limited. The original March of the Golden Tree Path was only supposed to teleport the Performer to Virtuoso/Seihao Xa. Travel will/should definitely take longer (boo hiss).

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
A suggestion from a player the other day was that rift potions occasionally take you to other (safe) locations, randomly.

So long as there's a chance to be sent to the Isle of Mist, Echak, and various other remote and distant locales, I'm all for this. Did I mention a cooldown would be excellent, too? Very Happy

Quote:
I can't speak for other professions (although I can certainly hope), but I can assure you ahead of time that any potential "teleportation" on the Performer card in Live will, at best, be exceptionally limited. The original March of the Golden Tree Path was only supposed to teleport the Performer to Virtuoso/Seihao Xa. Travel will/should definitely take longer (boo hiss).

Yeah, I was hoping MotGTP would still only take us to Seihao Xa. A+.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
ROLAND

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject:

Mages:

# 1 Thing I would like to see as a mage, personally. Stat Buffs for something other than strength. Love the shields mages have etc. I do however, dont think it would be unrealistic for a mage to be able to call upon the elements to assist them. Examples, Light Spell with + Perception, Earth Spell With a boost to Vitality, water for charisma/intellect etc....

Dont Get me wrong however, pathing/porting, alchemy are my favorite things as being a mage, but the above is the #1 thing I would like to see.

In General:

#1 Thing In general that I would like to see. More things for players to be able to work together on, things that increase socializing. If I wanted to play a game that doesnt have other people in it, I would go out and buy an xbox 360, or something..... I do like text better admittedly, but the people make the difference in my opinion.
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

Since there isn't really anyone to speak up for my profession, and I'm insanely bored, I suppose I'll chime in.

Agents - I've made quite a few suggestions in the Agent thread a while back when we were chatting with Solphan about it, but if I had to choose 1, it would be stealing/burglary. And not just from players, but from general npcs and critters as well. It would be interesting to see what kind of items you could pull off the average citizen. A thing that ties into burglary that I've always wanted, is roof running. A way to use the rooftops to move about the city unnoticed.

As for the game in general, I'd have to go with the economy. I'd like it to be a little harder to make money. Right now, all you have to do when you start the game is train ecology, and you're going to be set on cash for the rest of your life.
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I noticed you didn't ask for the #1 thing regarding races.... Shocked

Too big a can o' worms?
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

indigone wrote:
I noticed you didn't ask for the #1 thing regarding races.... Shocked

Too big a can o' worms?

Na, just a stranger question to field. Feel free to mention your #1 wish for your race.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » #1 Thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: