FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Alteri Kidnappings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Alteri Kidnappings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject:

heh, i think it's awesome that both sides are painting the other as the kidnappers. I definitely think, for now, that Dmulkeh is the bad guy, though, just because he's decked out in the type of gear that the gang is supposed to have, as well as the kind of gear that was found at some of the crime scenes (fun note: i believe the darju thug in the quarter is also wearing the same kind of boots dmulkeh is, which are the kind that left the tracks in the alteri sector). but great to know that he may even be good, or not, or whatever. fun random and not ultra obvious is a good thing.

but other than that, i defintely think Smoka and Holden are just not around lately, as opposed to kidnapped.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject:

I play in some local D&D gaming groups once in a while here in Jacksonville. Yesterday I was part of a great game. I was stuck in a moral dilemma: there were three things on the battlefield and I had reasons to both kill and not kill all three, and none of these reasons were the same for any two creatures. In other words, some of them opposed others and I couldn't discern which side I should let live. Eventually I made a decision and we as a group made other decisions, which will undoubtedly have repercussions at a later time.

Side note: Wow, what a Ranger I rolled up. Due to fumbled rolls, I did both the most damage FOR the party (with normal rolls) as well as damage TO the party (with botched rolls). I blasted right through the dwarven fighter's plate mail and knocked off a third of his health, and shot myself in the foot. Go me.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I play in some local D&D gaming groups once in a while here in Jacksonville. Yesterday I was part of a great game. I was stuck in a moral dilemma: there were three things on the battlefield and I had reasons to both kill and not kill all three, and none of these reasons were the same for any two creatures. In other words, some of them opposed others and I couldn't discern which side I should let live. Eventually I made a decision and we as a group made other decisions, which will undoubtedly have repercussions at a later time.

Side note: Wow, what a Ranger I rolled up. Due to fumbled rolls, I did both the most damage FOR the party (with normal rolls) as well as damage TO the party (with botched rolls). I blasted right through the dwarven fighter's plate mail and knocked off a third of his health, and shot myself in the foot. Go me.

I wish there were some people i knew that liked to play D&D over near my way. So lucky.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

I googled or something and found a meetup site in Jax. Maybe you can check google, yahoo groups, etc. I know even tiny Grafton, ND had a yahoo group of local D&D'ers.

Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject:

I live in Detroit, MI Sad No D&D group I ever set up could get past the metagame, and the most rped out thing I ever heard was "Dude...I roll a 10 and hit the goblin for 15 damage, I sneak up behind him and leetly slice his back because I'm a ninja!"

You suck Trevor. I want a good D&D group -_-

Hell, I'd settle for a good D20 Modern group.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject:

didn't AOL chat rooms have that dice roll function just for online D&D stuff?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject:

Yeah, they had RDI or whatever, back in the day. There are some play by email or play by forum games out there too, like rpol.net. I actually had the idea that the same engine we use for HR could be used as a medium for a D&D game too. Obviously rolls can be done in that medium. I think you could also use either chat in the game or voice chat ala ventrilo or team speak to simulate a gaming session. Not the same as face to face, but still an option.

Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject:

I developed this four or five years ago before I found my way to HR. Warning, this is pretty lengthy.

Code:
Generic Real Life Roleplaying Game Room
A room deliciously designed for the purpose of playing real-life roleplaying games within the MUD. For help, type '@show-help'.
You can go nowhere.

Code:
>@show-help
This is the RL Roleplaying-Enhanced Room (RLRPGroom), designed for playing realtime roleplaying games in the MUD environment.

The most important function is setting up the room for a gaming session.  This is simply done via:
 @SETUP
This will begin the initialization process for choosing players and GMs.  Go through provided menus and select all participating players (including soon-to-be GMs), and select option [#] DONE when all desired players have been added.  Note that it isn't required for every person in the room to be added; they simply won't see any in-game messages produced by the room.  After selecting the players, you will be prompted to choose GMs.  This is accomplished in the same manner as player selection, ended by [#] DONE.

** Commands for all players **
------------------------------
Rolling dice, an important part of most tabletop RPGs, is supported by the RLRPGroom.  Syntax is in the form of often-standard printing of what you're intending to roll in a gamebook.  In standard English, this means:
  ROLL [# OF DICE (no # will default to 1)]D<# OF SIDES ON DIE>[MODIFIER <(+/-)#>]
Examples:
You need to roll two 6-sided dice. (2d6)
 => ROLL 2D6
You need to roll a 20-sided die and subtract 3 from that roll.
 => ROLL d20-3
   -or-
 => ROLL 1d20-3
You need to roll three 8-sided dice and add 6.
 => ROLL 3d8+6

In addition, note-passing is also implemented, for messages back and forth between players, players to GMs, and vice versa.
  NOTE <name[,name,name]>
You will then be prompted for the lines of your note text, which should be entered and then ended with '.'.  After confirming the message, it is sent to the applicable parties.
Note that the argument "all players" can be supplied in place of names, which, obviously, posts the note to all gaming players.

Players who no longer wish to be involved in the session may exit by:
  @LEAVE
If the only GM leaves the game in this manner, the session is ended.  If this is wished to be prevented, s/he should designate another GM before quitting.

In an effort to distinguish OOC speech from IC speech (should it be needed), a command is available for talking.
  RP <text>
Future plans for further development include RPing actions, sayto-support, and other interaction.

**  Commands for GMs **
-----------------------
GMs reserve the power to designate other GMs, and to also de-GM other present GMs.  The syntax for this is
  @GM <player name> to GM-enable a player, and
  @GM! <player name> to remove GM status.

To add a new player to the game, a GM may
  @ADD-PLAYER <player name>

A GM may completely end the game at any time with
  @DONE

** Miscellaneous commands (usable by even non-players) **
----------------------------
The status of a RLRPGroom can be seen at any time with @STATUS.  If a game is in session, the GM(s) and players are listed.
Development notes, while not wholly interesting, can be viewed with @DEVELOPMENT.

@SHOW-HELP prints the message you're reading, in case you haven't noticed.
-----------------------

Code:
>@status
Game Status:  Running
GM:  Ichor
Players:  None

Code:
>rp
Usage: RP <text>
Examples:
  RP :<emote>
  RP ::<emote>
  RP EMOTE <emote>
  RP `<who or what> "<text>
   (matches strings or player names [three characters or more])
  RP <text>
  RP HELP

Code:
>rp Armies of monkeys.
[GAME] <RP> You say, "Armies of monkeys."
>rp :makes assorted ape noises.
[GAME] <RP> Ichor makes assorted ape noises.

Code:
>roll 2d8
[GAME] =Die Roll= Ichor rolls 2d8 (modifier: 0)...
[GAME] =Die Roll= 8 8
[GAME] =Die Roll= The result is: 16

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject:

That's pretty cool, Mickey. But I defaulted to the oh so risky business of free-form roleplay via Yahoo Chat. It used to be easier to find good roleplayers in their, know it's a dice roll stacked against you. But I prefer dual-writing with a second person as opposed to a bunch of pot smoking burnt out dead beats trying to swing a bastard sword via d20.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject:

ok thats it you all have recieved demerits for making poor dreggie think there was a new turn up in the alteri kidnapping plot Twisted Evil
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
ok thats it you all have recieved demerits for making poor dreggie think there was a new turn up in the alteri kidnapping plot Twisted Evil

Well fine then, I wont post anymore new info that I get about the plot then. Sheesh.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
ragonda wrote:

Well fine then, I wont post anymore new info that I get about the plot then. Sheesh.

pretty sure dreg was joking + appreciated the new info.
Symbolis

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Pretty certain she wasn't joking and was refering to the fact that most of this page in the thread was dedicated to non-event stuff.

Tao: Appreciate the update. I swear Zrel will jump back in at some point. Razz

Also, I found Trevor's profile in that group(via searchmash.com) just before reading this thread last night. Weird.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Symbolis wrote:
Also, I found Trevor's profile in that group(via searchmash.com) just before reading this thread last night. Weird.

I HAVE A STALKER!

I find it amusing that a profile of DragonRealms on about.com details "The Rich Mondy" incident.

http://experts.about.com/e/d/dr/dragonrealms.htm#hd5

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:

You're like the Che Guevara of the MUD world.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Alteri Kidnappings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: