FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Alteri Kidnappings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Alteri Kidnappings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
1) All trainers are protected by bodyguards. How the heck can someone get past the bodyguard and kidnap Laoro Yiri? I've tried to attack a trainer before and everytime that bodyguard popped out and stuns me. I'm not sure if this was ever discussed at any of the meetings, I missed most of it.

Laoro wasn't kidnapped at her regular post, but in another room at the Estate. She was kidnapped during a private meeting with the kidnapper, one which she specifically requested noone else attend. She also specifically requested everyone to stay back so noone other than herself was [possibly] harmed.

Quote:
2) Is the security at the Trooper HQ that shitsy that a Lt. Colonel got taken so easily? I mean come on, no guards saw anything? They all can't be on smoke breaks. No security cameras pick up anything?

Based on the limited evidence (aka: where I found the weapon), the kidnapping took place outside of Trooper HQ. The kidnapper didn't storm in or anything. And, even then, he's an assassin (agent?), so that is what they kinda do

Quote:
This is either an inside job or its crappy RP work. I would hate for it to be the latter because I really like this event and want it to actually follow through to the end with no problems. I would hate for another RP event to be put on the back burner again.

Yes, clearly it is either a massive well laid plot or the worst thing in the universe.

The only crappy RP work I see here is the refusal to accept that even though a PC can't do something because of automated mechanics, a GMNPC should still be able to do it. Hell, I'm sure a PC could kidnap Laoro, Aegan, Gawyn, or anyone, as well, if said NPC is being controlled by a GM.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

If you've ever watched a murder-mystery movie or tv show, you'd know that not everything is revealed to the viewer within the first ten minutes of the script.

I wouldn't be playing the Shitty RP card just yet.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
If you've ever watched a murder-mystery movie or tv show, you'd know that not everything is revealed to the viewer within the first ten minutes of the script.

I wouldn't be playing the Shitty RP card just yet.

--William

can i play the, "Shit, RP!" card? lately i've been saying that often and being all happy.
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

Soundless wrote:
Laoro wasn't kidnapped at her regular post, but in another room at the Estate. She was kidnapped during a private meeting with the kidnapper, one which she specifically requested noone else attend. She also specifically requested everyone to stay back so noone other than herself was [possibly] harmed.

I still can't really buy that one. Did you see her bodyguard wait outside? These bodyguards are like the freaking shadows. If you attack a trainer, they pop out of nowhere and take ya down. They're always on alert. If they felt as if the one they are protecting is in the slightest of trouble, they'll pop into action. Laoro may have specifically requested everyone to stay back so noone other than herself was harmed, but I find it hard to believe that bodyguard didnt even pounce that darju before it even came to that. Come on, its in the coding.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
Come on, its in the coding.

that's really where this whole argument fails.

you can't always base roleplay off how things are coded into a system, or if a GM is awake to help, or stuff like that. it's just poor roleplay.

like last night, after finding out the lt col was kidnapped, we went around looking for more clues. yaru had the bright idea to bug nova to see if she knew anything. was the GM for nova around? no clue, but Nova didn't come. now, did I RP that Nova sucks/is lazy/doesn't care/etc? no, I went the route of Nova being really busy and because she does so much, she can't even help us in this dire situation right now.

just like in this case. why was the bodyguard not there as opposed to when laoro is in her office? Well, maybe he was still in the office. Maybe he was talking to other patrons. Maybe Laoro requested he go elsewhere. Maybe a lot of stuff. Going "But it's just poor Roleplay!" is poor roleplay itself, because it shows a strong refusal to play along with the rest of the team.

so play along and stop claiming it was poor roleplay.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject:

Mechanics:
"This NPC is always protected from attack and never attackable."

Role-Play:
"This NPC was still somehow assaulted despite usual protections. We don't know why and have to assume or supplement an explanation."

Mechanics are the burden of a GM. Role-Play is the burden of a player. Both have their purposes, and to the best of our (collectively: players and GM's) ability, they work together.

However, it is the player's burden to fill the gaps where mechanics and RP don't quite mesh, IMO. Usually the player creates this burden by posing quandries about the plot such as Tao did, and the community of players its addressed to, as well as the author of the quandry (Tao) should assert the most logical explanations available.

In other words, don't expect GM's to fill in any hole you find between point A and point B, don't assume we don't "have our reasons", and also don't assume it's "a shitty job by the GM's". But most of all, GM's don't build RP so you can't call it "shitty RP" by the GM's. We start the ball rolling, but it's the role-playing player's jobs to keep the ball's momentum. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

My money's on the syndicate bribing Laoro's bodyguard.

Quote:

Ahahahahaha...hahahahaha...hah. Heh.
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:

SoulTorn wrote:

Quote:

Ahahahahaha...hahahahaha...hah. Heh.

Heh, sorry. I couldnt help it.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject:

SoulTorn wrote:

can't the darju assassin just be stronger?

heck, i didn't even know laoro had a bodyguard. guess it never occurred to me to attack her when asking for a promotion. Embarassed
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Absolutely.

But the(imagined) bribe could open possibilities down the road. Razz

-Chris
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
SoulTorn wrote:

heck, i didn't even know laoro had a bodyguard. guess it never occurred to me to attack her when asking for a promotion. Embarassed

Go try to attack any of the trainers. It's fun Sad
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
Go try to attack any of the trainers. It's fun Sad

Yaru attacking a trainer would be shitty roleplay Wink
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Try attacking a trainer with your character named Quit.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Try attacking a trainer with your character named Quit.

--William

Yargh.

I think his name is Owit, by the way.
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

it doesnt have to be poor roleplay

the trainer might have set things up to make it look like she was kidnapped hence why the bodyguard didnt intervene Twisted Evil

so far although ive missed most of the things happening .

when i have been able to catch up ive found the whole experience fun and at the end of the day if we are enjoying it that is all that counts for me Twisted Evil

good rp is an added bonus but fun is upmost Twisted Evil
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Alteri Kidnappings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: