FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Explicit/Mature Area Poll
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Explicit/Mature Area Poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Creating new areas intended specifically for mature content and behavior is a ...
Good Idea
53%
 53%  [ 26 ]
Bad Idea
46%
 46%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 49

HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Explicit/Mature Area Poll

Also, feel free to post your general comments on this topic, and if you are in support of such areas, what sort of areas you'd like to see in specific.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:

Since the creation of this area also means the changing of the entire existing game, excluding current private areas, to PG-13 I do not think it is a good idea.
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject:

Note, Trevor's poll said new areas.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Drusilla

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject:

well I dont like the idea of censorship,, but I think this is the best idea .. and hope everyone realizes its best because I tell you now its either this or bring back pvp and then if I see someone banging in the park I can just kill em. hrmm wonder if that would make them stop.. .. ok enough with me wanting to off people .. the thing is that this gives people a place to go when they want to play in an adult manor and no one gets offended right ? this is what everyone wants right ?
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject:

i say either make it a jailable thing so we can RP solutions or make it just something we're decent enough not to do around where other players may be.

seriously, is it so hard to just not fuck in a public spot in the game? i mean is this really being unreasonable?
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject:

What would the penalties be if someone were to perform lewd acts in a "censored" room? If someone is determined to be an ass and screw in your face I can't see many things short of banning (which I don't want to see happen) that will stop that person. Also, as far as sectioned off areas for "Mature content" go, I thought that that's what homes and the inns were for.

Also also, since many do not read the boards and this is a VERY important issue that could change the entire face of the game, I believe there should be an IG poll about this as well.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject:

tygerwulf wrote:
What would the penalties be if someone were to perform lewd acts in a "censored" room? If someone is determined to be an ass and screw in your face I can't see many things short of banning (which I don't want to see happen) that will stop that person. Also, as far as sectioned off areas for "Mature content" go, I thought that that's what homes and the inns were for.

Also also, since many do not read the boards and this is a VERY important issue that could change the entire face of the game, I believe there should be an IG poll about this as well.

jail time. keeps them out of the actual game for awhile.
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
seriously, is it so hard to just not fuck in a public spot in the game? i mean is this really being unreasonable?

That's all I really want to hear the answer to. It's like the "Where are the WMDs?" of Haelrahv.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject:

Figured I would post this from the builder's perspective. "Area" isn't accurate and Trevor asked for area suggestions. Like nude beaches, strip clubs, etc.

I also think it would be a good thing for both ends of the argument, people who enjoy adult content would get much "better" areas out of this. When we build for the general public theres always that "Will this offend..." thing on our minds, if this thing goes through that issue won't be an issue.

Just a share Smile
 Back to top »
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

I think a good compromise would be the creation of this new area, but NOT create restrictions on the rest of HR. Fix PvP, Justice, and create new IC laws for lewd acts that are caught and seen by visible IC players only, not seen or caught by any other means.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

epol wrote:
I think a good compromise would be the creation of this new area, but NOT create restrictions on the rest of HR. Fix PvP, Justice, and create new IC laws for lewd acts that are caught and seen by visible IC players only, not seen or caught by any other means.

it's worth pointing out that if you are really roleplaying in an environment, the population of areas aren't limited to just which PCs are in the room.

so lewd public acts don't have to just be lewd if someone else is there, ICly, because someone else is almost always there.
Morgana

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

It's all going to be subjective.. Mickey's going to much less tolerant then say Hannah or Rosie.

There's absolutely no way you're going to be able to enforce this without hypocrisy. Opening a huge pandora's box if this is implemented.
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

Morgana wrote:
It's all going to be subjective.. Mickey's going to much less tolerant then say Hannah or Rosie.

There's absolutely no way you're going to be able to enforce this without hypocrisy. Opening a huge pandora's box if this is implemented.

I understand your concern babe, believe me. I can assure you though, even though I'm almost certain you voted no, that if this were to be implemented... we have already been given our rules. Majority of on duty staff have to agree and frankly, if someone says "shit" on comm... more power to you.

IF someone calls someone else a dirty rotten whore on comm... I can promise even *I* would say yeah, they need to be told to calm it down.
 Back to top »
Morgana

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

Then we should be given back our PvP that I hate. But rather have that then Big Brother peeking into all my conversations again.
Alimara

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

I believe that an area would help, but I do not believe it will fix the problem. I'm still a firm believer that people are going to do things in public just because it's human nature. I don't WANT to see an orgy in CC, but it's human nature to push the limits. It's a much better solution than censorship though.

Ali
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Explicit/Mature Area Poll
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: