FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
research, alchemy, and poisons
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » research, alchemy, and poisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: research, alchemy, and poisons

i'm not going to be suggesting that research is needed to learn alchemy and poison formulas, but what i am suggesting is that resarch can be used instead of alchemy and posion to learn the formulas.

BUT, you'd still need X alchemy to actually make the potion.

so if bob has 0 alchemy and 215 research, he can study the potion of renewal but not actually make it.

if bob has 215 alchemy and 0 research, he can study the potion and make it.

this allows someone who studies research to actually know facts in an IC manner (beyond a data sheet or a spoiler site or whatever) without actually making the alchemy or poison skills any less useful than they already are.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

What would you think about Research + Alchemy combining (in a linear fashion, of course) to let someone learn a potion/poison/whatever earlier, but Alchemy still dictating when they can actually make it?

As in, if it takes 50 Alchemy to learn and produce Potion X, you can have 25 Alchemy and 25 Research to learn it instead. However, you would still need 50 Alchemy to even make it.

I honestly don't know if I'd support this little addition of mine (because I can see issues with the full experience pool granted upon fully learning new formulae), but I do like your main idea.

--William

[Edit:] How about spellsongs, bro?

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
What would you think about Research + Alchemy combining (in a linear fashion, of course) to let someone learn a potion/poison/whatever earlier, but Alchemy still dictating when they can actually make it?

As in, if it takes 50 Alchemy to learn and produce Potion X, you can have 25 Alchemy and 25 Research to learn it instead. However, you would still need 50 Alchemy to even make it.

i can see research helping when someone can learn the formula, too.

mainly i just want to take this 250+ research yaru has and apply it somewhere. i know i learned it as an RP choice, but no reason i can't go pushing for uses. Wink

Quote:

spellsong sheets don't explain what the spellsong does. if it (or magic or psionics) did, i'd also see research being capable of letting someone learn the song/spell/psionic to a point where they can explain what it does, but not use it.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Quote:

spellsong sheets don't explain what the spellsong does. if it (or magic or psionics) did, i'd also see research being capable of letting someone learn the song/spell/psionic to a point where they can explain what it does, but not use it.

Troo, troo.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » research, alchemy, and poisons
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: