FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
RENT
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » RENT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: RENT

I had the opportunity to see an advance screening of RENT last night (it comes out today) and it was AWESOME. If any of you are RENT fans, or just looking for a good musical to go see...this is it. I was just impressed that the few ways they'd changed it from the broadway play didn't really take away anything from the actual movie. And the singing was excellent...because all but one member of the original broadway cast was present. And of course, for you WICKED fans out there...Idina Menzel is just stunning as Mimi.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject:

You mean Maureen, right?

Rosario Dawson is Mimi.
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject:

And yes, I DO mean Maureen...silly M names. Get me so confused. But yes, she did a good job. Smile
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Just as a follow-up nitpick...

Rosario Dawson and Tracie Thoms are the replacement members of the cast. Tracie plays Joanne. Idina Menzel apparently originated the role of Maureen. I think I saw her live, too.
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject:

This has got me confused, too. Because every billing I've seen has said only ONE member wasn't from the original cast. When I noticed two were...so maybe I'm not so much of a rent fanatic but I've searched www.ibdb.com and can't find the other two on there in RENT ever before the movie. yet, even at the advanced screening they had a trivia question for WHICH one was the ONLY one who was new.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject:

Go to the official website.

http://www.siteforrent.com/intro.html
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » RENT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: