Cloaked droids
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Cloaked droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
They have a GPS unit...for someone standing outside...in the open...they should be pretty easy to find actually. But no matter, I'm not going to bother with it anymore. I'll keep Beast for myself. No more going to medics for a first aid or medicine boost, or alchemists for alchemy boosts. Doing that to the GPS system hurts more than helps. Dixie and Morgana both benefit from Beast time and time again.

well they could always just go find you instead.

but that raises a question. could a tech tell the droid to follow someone that is in the room with them? make it something the target has to accept if that would be an issue.
Morgana

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Searching out a droid is a definately needed change. From what I've seen, it's been abused to the point of harrasment.

And Kit I haven't asked for Beast in ages. People I'm mixing for may have asked for Beast, but I try never to annoy you with constant requests for him.
Morgana

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Searching out a droid is a definately needed change. From what I've seen, it's been abused to the point of harrasment.

And Kit I haven't asked for Beast in ages. People I'm mixing for may have asked for Beast, but I try never to annoy you with constant requests for him.

And I'd like to hear more about resisting a locate, as a 20 something can locate me no problem.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Kit, I think things would go better for your cause if you didn't try to use guilt as your mode of persuasion.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject:

It's not guilt. It's truth. I send Beast all over the place to give people the benefit of his bonuses. I can't anymore. It hurts other people more than it hurts me. I can just call Beast to me at any time I want.

It would be cool if I could program him to find certain places. CC being one of them.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Behind the truth lies waves of guilt, Kit, and I'm sorry some bad apples have ruined your fun, and other peoples' mixing or healing, but guilt won't help when it comes to dealing with me. I'd rather make it harder to use than let people run around harrassing everyone in sight just cause they think they can. The GPS was basically a freebie with no skill whatsoever needed.. now it needs skill. Tough cookie. :/

I think you keep missing half of my posts, too, Kit. BIG M.A.D. = BAD espionage. SMALL air drone = GOOD espionage. Generally, droids are exceptionally good at one thing, and not so good in the rest. If you want to help people out, put your MAD in storage and buy an air drone. That'll make it easier to find people.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject:

The numbers have been tweaked a little more, and, as William so nicely suggested, the target having an activated comm will make it easier to pinpoint their location.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Neat.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject:

I believe what Mickey meant by "resist" is this: Hiding and certain rooms are "safe" from locates. And frankly, there are several in game at the moment. Not counting player homes, the inns are no locate, the pavillion, several other places. I could be wrong but I believe that is what he was referring to.
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't aware harrasment was an issue. I've never used beast that way. And I wasn't TRYING to guilt anyone. I was trying to HELP people. But it's fine. I'm usually sorry I say anything, which is fine too Yeah, it sucks that one or two techs ruined things by harrassing people. And yeah, it sucks that I can't use Beast to help people unless I physically go to them, but such is life. Thanks for all of your hard work anyhow. And yes, that's sincere.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
The GM in question knew I was doing it. At the time, she was having connectivity issues to boot...so it never came of anything. But it was fine RP, thank you. And 'espionage' mode is for espionage. Hate to break it to you.

I'm sure it was absolutely sublime RP. But that doesn't mean it has relevance to a game mechanics issue.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Apatheticloser
outcast

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Apatheticloser wrote:
pardon.. Psysic sight can be avoided how? oh yea.. the same exact ways a droid can.

Pardon, two glaring differences:

1. Psychic sight offers a resisted mental roll to let the person being located avoid it, and the located character has a chance to know it was attempted. A cloaked droid affords no such roll, makes no messaging, and they don't know it's there unless they decide to search.
2. Psychic sight is a single snapshot of the room/location; an everpresent droid, on the other hand, keeps a perpetual watch and monitors activity. Furthermore, it does so without means to physically remove or prevent it.

Let's not argue apples and oranges, especially when the apples hurt your case more than help it.

and I'll repeat, how can psysic sight be avoided? -there is no skill roll to not be located-

yes there is a skill check to feel being located, and I'm not against someone skilled with perception noticing a cloaked droid/drone entering the room.
as far as I know any room that avoids locate, avoids drones. -including hiding-
currently (unless something changed today) it takes anywhere from 3 seconds~4mins to find someone with the gps uplink.. my cloak lasts for almost 18 seconds.. my drone is harassing someone by watching everything they are doing for a few seconds if it can find them while cloaked and I recall them right away?

there were three parts of searching a drone out that pissed me off, even if it doesn't actually matter that my drone can be searched out.

1) I call out my own drone.

Code:
command drone to cloak
>You instruct your air drone to engage cloaking.
It acknowledges your request and engages its cloaking device, quickly fading from view.
A simple air drone quickly dematerializes from view.
search
>You carefully search the area and find...
   You notice a simple air drone and call attention to it.
   Absolutely nothing.
Roundtime: 11 sec.
>
A simple air drone quickly materializes into view.

2) No skill check. (meaning HACK is a pointless thing to work for)

3) Calling attention to its location is done the moment you search. should need to point it out.. and thats still should not cause it to disengage its cloak (this matters more when people can attack drones/droids)
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Apatheticloser wrote:
and I'll repeat, how can psysic sight be avoided? -there is no skill roll to not be located-

I'm pretty sure Uncle Trevor wasn't lying to you, but it's your own choice to believe to the contrary in the face of facts.

Quote:
my drone is harassing someone by watching everything they are doing for a few seconds if it can find them while cloaked and I recall them right away?

Just what does it matter if it's cloaked or not? The only person with any means of interaction with your droid is specifically you, so it's not as if they have a say over its presence whether it's hidden or decked in blinking Christmas lights. At worst, you're only forced to potentially be a dick without keeping it hidden.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject:

Well, Trev did say that if you're out in the open, you're gonna be found by a locate spell. Wouldn't a GPS work the same way? It just seems so useless now.

Or there could be an avoid...people that don't mind a droid finding them for help purposes and choose to set their avoid to allow droids to find them easily. Or, they could set it to try and avoid being found.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject:

sounds like a comm chip upgrade.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Cloaked droids
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: