FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Holidays in HR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Holidays in HR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject:

im sure that ilafai's departure from the land is still celebrated josie just have to read up and find out what date that is Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject:

hmmm i've read through all the books, and even back posts and don't see a certain "season or age" that Ilafai fell just that he did.

Maybe can even make something with the rebirth of Ateon through his Father Tree thing? That might kinda work...I'll start thinking about it and maybe see if i can think of a way to incorporate some of the history into a holiday.
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject:

How does something like this sound....

Quote:
As we gather this season, let us remember the reason for the celebration.

Our father Ateon, the life and blood of Haelrahv, who gave his own life so that we may live. He who was all that was pure, the blinding light of hope and love. Ateon gave his last as he planted the final seed of his life, the seed that grew into the Father Tree whose roots run deeper than our seas, whose leaves cut into the heavens above. In his death, he gave us Haelravians a new life and a new hope that we celebrate each year to honor not only Ateon, but to honor Haelrahv and life itself.

So at this time of year we decorate our homes with trees to symbolize the Father Tree, decorations upon the tree leaves representing the stars, and garlands wrapping around the tree representing the roots of Haelrahv’s blood and bonds. The lights representing his blinding light. His gifts of seedlings to the dying races now symbolized by the giving of gifts to those we love and to those less fortunate than us.

You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject:

sounds great josie Smile hope the trees are live trees and not chopped down for this celebration Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject:

All I know is last year there was a big Christmas Tree in CC and people were making all kinds of Christmas holiday-themed ornaments to stick all over it. Sounds pretty Christmas-y to me.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject:

yah i remember that, but someone said recently that Christmas was OOC or something so i just wanted to validate it and if it was find some other "Way" to have a celebration *grin* Either with christmas or with ateon i like either one Smile
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Since you're all so curious, I suppose I can let you all in on a holiday list Razz Enjoy!!

Code:
New Year’s Day (Human) – 1st day of Ebeca – celebrates good wishes for the new year.

De Gzukkhe (Darju) – 42nd day of Ebeca - celebration of arrival on Haelrahv (Gzukkhe means escape) and also remembrance of those left behind on Vkeftku.

Xashea – (Alteri) 41st through 49th day of Ebeca - literally “Artist Day” this festival is a celebration of beauty and art. The main celebration is held in Seihao Xa where people from all over bring their artwork, songs, dances, etc to share their beauty.

Ateon Festival (Eolai) – 20th through 28th day of Icorae - celebration of nature and its beauty, combined with a religious holiday revering Ateon.

Landfall Festival (Human) – 75th day of Icorae through 80th day of Icorae – celebrates the arrival of Humans on Haelrahv.

Vaj Dalor Rii (Jaddan) – 67th day of Haju - celebrates Jaddan triumphs in magery

Remembrance Day (Human) – 111th day of Haju - celebrates those who fought to defend the native races on arrival, those who fought to keep the peace and those who are still doing so, and those who died in the struggle. 

Shooxeseaii – (Alteri) – 18th of Jojun - literally “party of mothers” - celebration of the mother, both Yeireiro, mother of the Alteri, and their own mothers.

Vaj Satat Urja (Jaddan) – 25th day of Jojun - celebrates tranquility. Jaddan take the time to reflex and participate in calming activites.

Shooxeheili (Alteri) – 81st day of Jojun - literally “party of inspiration”- like an Earth science fair competition, the Alteri bring their discoveries and inventions to be judged.

Areolaianes (Eolai) – 88th day of Jojun - named after the Great Journey it celebrates that journey and their duty as caretakers of Haelrahv. It is their responsibility to be especially friendly to the other races on this day and hardcore Eolai actually travel to an unknown area for the day.

Loshei Festival – First quarter of Arin, although religious ceremonies are held every ninth day – held exclusively on Loshei Island, this festival celebrates the Loshei sisters and the gifts they have given the Alteri. Loshei berries are harvested and made into wine during this fest.

Tmelthe (Darju) – mid-Arin -Annual storytelling contest where Darju brag of their deeds to each other.

De Rhurviv (Darju) – 80th day of Shadan - day of the dead, honor those fallen in battle.

Founder’s Day (Human) – 90th day of Shadan - celebrates the founding of the Consortium and the contributions of Alexander Hughes as well as the other Humans who contributed to the beginnings of Human life on Haelrahv.

Festival of Xashei (Alteri) – 27th day of Xei – celebrates Xashei’s triumph over Siwreix Lil, minion of Yeii.

Christmas (Human) – 80th day of Xei – celebrates generosity towards others, love of friends and family, and the endurance of the Human spirit.

Zuzleme (Darju) – 1st through 8th of Wiv – Darju mating season.

Vaj Bushunovon (Jaddan) – 60th day of Wiv - celebrates perseverance

Rasrei (Alteri) – 117th day of Wiv - annual birthday celebration of all the children born that year.

The lack of Eolai holidays is mainly for the fact that they believe every day is a tribute to their greatness; each sunrise celebrates their life and duty to Haelrahv.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
How does something like this sound....

Quote:
As we gather this season, let us remember the reason for the celebration.

Our father Ateon, the life and blood of Haelrahv, who gave his own life so that we may live. He who was all that was pure, the blinding light of hope and love. Ateon gave his last as he planted the final seed of his life, the seed that grew into the Father Tree whose roots run deeper than our seas, whose leaves cut into the heavens above. In his death, he gave us Haelravians a new life and a new hope that we celebrate each year to honor not only Ateon, but to honor Haelrahv and life itself.

So at this time of year we decorate our homes with trees to symbolize the Father Tree, decorations upon the tree leaves representing the stars, and garlands wrapping around the tree representing the roots of Haelrahv’s blood and bonds. The lights representing his blinding light. His gifts of seedlings to the dying races now symbolized by the giving of gifts to those we love and to those less fortunate than us.

That seems an appropriate way to honor Ateon Very Happy It would be appropriate season wise as well, being spring IG, and also since its so close to the festival time. I also agree with Dreg, no cut trees only live ones. Christmas won't be celebrated until next year, so if you want to still celebrate it, it would be more like a Christmas in July type party to be IC.

Although Christmas this year will be about 77th day of Icorae, so you could just celebrate Landfall instead Wink

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Vaj Dalor Rii (Jaddan) – 67th day of Haju - celebrates Jaddan triumphs in magery

sweet. a special olympics!
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject:

Har! The greatest mage of all time, Dalor Rii, was a Jaddan. Likewise, for Psionics, Satat Urja.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject:

Josie wrote:
Right I wasn't asking for a fest for every holiday...

Sorry, I meant to quote soundless' "but against more festivals as a result of them." to agree with it.

Further, the greatest mage of all time was a Jaddan.

Edit: Curse you, Trevor.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject:

woohoo thank you Morrigan for that list!

It's nice to see that Christmas does still exist and all of the other holidays that we can now RP around Smile

I can't wait to start holiday decorating even if it is Christmas in..Icorae? *chuckle*
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject:

Isn't there a Haelrahv Day too? Cause if not someone ought to change the room description where my trailer is parked! I'd love to have a HR Day festival centered at my house.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
Isn't there a Haelrahv Day too? Cause if not someone ought to change the room description where my trailer is parked! I'd love to have a HR Day festival centered at my house.

Which, by the way, I mistook for Tygerwulf's until I looked at it.
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Isn't there a Haelrahv Day too? Cause if not someone ought to change the room description where my trailer is parked!

We spiced up the name a little: Haelrahv Day == Ateon Festival Very Happy I'll change the description, thanks for the heads up.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Holidays in HR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: