FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Crashing and a polite request
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Crashing and a polite request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Crashing and a polite request

I'm asking very nicely that those few of you who find it necessary to make bulk quantities of one type of potion and then sell all at once to please stop. Make a few of each kind or something. Diversify.

It is rude to the rest of the players who are trying to earn income with alchemy also. This is especially important now since the changes to how quickly a commodity 'recovers'. I never make more than a few of each kind. Why? Because I'm making an effort to not ruin the market for the rest of you.

And if you can't do it for the rest of us, do it for yourself. Many of the potions you sell in bulk are paying you way less than the potion is worth because you just crashed the market on yourself.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject:

Honestly I think the commods recover far too slowly even if everyone did what you ask here. Everyone seems to be on a potion making frenzy to make back lost cash. Run and check the ticker then start making a few of the top selling potions, when everyone does that, it takes its toll. This is one of the reasons I suggested having other commod outposts in other cities/towns/villages with varying rates.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
This is one of the reasons I suggested having other commod outposts in other cities/towns/villages with varying rates.

I like this idea also.

I've been trying not to sell more than 10 potions at a time, and that kills it even so. I'm still trying to adjust to the changes in it, since I never sold many potions previously.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject:

If it were simply slow recovery from people selling a few potions, or even a few potions of each type, I wouldn't have made the request.

The problem I'm referring to arises when people decide to make 20, 30, 50, etc. of the same one and then sell in bulk, thus dropping the rate down to <20 per unit.

This isn't to say that I dislike your request, just that it doesn't really (to me) make sense here in beta where getting anywhere takes just a few minutes of your time - at most. In Live I think it would be a great idea, especially if there are outlying areas that take quite some time to get to.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Crashing and a polite request

Thank you for saying something. I usually do 3 of each potion I can make and invariably, when I go to sell, half of them are below 40 a unit. It's absolutely discouraging. I wanted to sell two jeweler's elixers for three days now but they're still at less than 35 a unit!

Also, this can also be said for someone that crashes on commods by foraging a million of one thing. At least with commods they bounce back pretty fast. I was doing some of the mid range potions because they were sticking at around 80 or so...and I sold 3 each of 4 different potions...and then, when I was finished with my next set, they had recovered completely.

Hopefully with the reduction of what crucibles and stoves can hold, this will stop.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject:

from my very minor foraging experiences, it's not worth selling more than two of any item (or three if you push it). after that, the loss just isn't worth it.
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject:

Though I haven't really sold any potions since the change went into effect with the commods ticker, I can see where this is a very valid point. I know some players (myself too) before the change would make 50,100,200 ect potions and sell them. But every time i look on the ticker now, its not even worth it to make the potions...I can just forage the three components and make more off of them seperately.

I understand the need to change the way the commods were being done, but I agree with Tshar in thinking that maybe it was made TOO slow? I dunno... just seems to me that because of this change I doubt any potion will be at its max capacity again because there are those still out there who sell em regardless of the price, or who make huge batches knowing it will crash it and make it not worth anything to anyone else for god knows how long.

I love alchemy, I love doing potions...I really dont care to hunt and this kinda dampens my outlook on alchemy. I know I can go forage or mine and not make potions but if Im going to put all my hard earned skill points into a skill like alchemy, i'd like to reap at least some benefits from it without worrying that someone's going to beat me to selling the potion I'm making and then have to store it for a couple weeks and hope by that time no one beat me again. *chuckle*

*note: this is not me whining to change it back, just expressing my own opinion.*
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject:

I actually just started to use my potions heavily. The deft and strength potions on him alone are almost invaluable...I wish I realized before how great alchemy was for more than just selling! XD

But yes...Mining/foraging and refining = better than making potions these days.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject:

I mainly only do use my alchemy to make potions to use in battle, I have for a long time. It's why I chose Fortunate Mutation (Potions are 25% more effective when consumed). But now when hunting, if I happen to pick up a few mined products in boxes, I'll make whatever potion they fit with.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject:

mining is only still so profitable because it wasn't streamlined to work like foraging does (yet).
Kit

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
mining is only still so profitable because it wasn't streamlined to work like foraging does (yet).

Concidering it takes up to 3 times longer per grad and you can't bundle it without spending several extra minutes doing so, I think they're pretty balanced on time vs payout.

Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject:

Mining doesn't trample, gives consistently higher units, and there's no real chance of failure. On the whole, gathering and preparing mineable components is much faster than the forageables. The 200-unit crucible change should hopefully prove somewhat of a throttle.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
soundless wrote:

Concidering it takes up to 3 times longer per grad and you can't bundle it without spending several extra minutes doing so, I think they're pretty balanced on time vs payout.

considering that yaru can get 2 placa root (or whatever) per forage yet 3-9 anything minable, i'd say that mining is definitely a huge cash cow right now. the fact that it has to be melted isn't that big a deal, mainly because it isn't like you're stuck in RT while melting. you can do whatever else you want while it does that. for those that have to be crushed/combined, it isn't like crushing is a big deal to those with decent strength, as well.

i also, from my experiences, think that selling two 50 units is the same, price wise, as selling 100 units in groups of three to nine. so i've yet to see a huge purpose in definitely having to crush everything into perfect units of 50.
Kit

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Mining doesn't trample, gives consistently higher units, and there's no real chance of failure. On the whole, gathering and preparing mineable components is much faster than the forageables. The 200-unit crucible change should hopefully prove somewhat of a throttle.

For Kit, he can mine something everytime so long as it's not Vyeftium. My younger characters, though, can take up to 2 minutes to find as many units! I still don't think mining/smelting to get an ore OR worse, crushing to get powder and combining is faster than getting a bundle of ivy together. I can get a full bundle in 2 minutes. To get a full ingot takes me MUCH longer.

Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject:

I realigned these for easier reading, so while the numbers are unchanged, they aren't in the same order necessarily:

Dispelling Infusion : 42.55
Potion Of Resilience : 78.6
Elixir Of Invisibility : 96.6
Potion Of Stability : 67.21
Elixir Of Night : 87.0
Purging Panacea : 97.8
Elixir Of Quickness : 89.4
Rime Potion : 82.66
Elixir Of Renewal : 114.6
Searing Potion : 94.98
Elixir Of Rifts : 59.81
The Black Vial : 76.62
Elixir Of Wealth : 76.16
Tincture Of Healing : 75.0
Infusion Of Allure : 82.2
Tincture Of Life : 91.8
Infusion Of Brilliance : 83.4
Tincture Of Magic : 93.0
Infusion Of Clarity : 84.6
Tincture Of Vigor : 76.2
Infusion Of Sight : 85.8
Vial Of Distraction : 75.54
Iron Will Infusion : 28.1
Vial Of Draining : 75.18
Jeweler's Elixir : 53.19
Vial Of Helplessness : 75.9
Potion Of Agility : 79.8
Vial Of Immobilzation : 76.26
Potion Of Clashing : 62.06
Vial Of Ineptitude : 76.08
Potion Of Deflection : 98.81
Vial Of Misery : 75.36
Potion Of Deftness : 81.0
Vial Of Pain : 75.0
Potion Of Dissipation : 65.88
Vial Of Plague : 76.44
Potion Of Invulnerability : 95.24
Vial Of Weakness : 75.72
Potion Of Might : 77.4

The ones in blue I've watched get reamed in the past 2-3 days (Dissipation in particular was down in the 20s a couple of days ago - I know because I'm still holding onto the few I have, waiting on it to go back up some).

I made my post, requesting this stop.

Today I check the ticker and the one in red has been reamed. This is beginning to go beyond annoyance to me.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Crashing and a polite request
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: