FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
PC's speaking to GM's in game over public channels.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » PC's speaking to GM's in game over public channels.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject:

Personally, I don't see why a GM joining an IC conversation, or just tossing out a one-liner over the comm or telepathy is a bad thing, and if they're answering an ooc question alot of people want to know then I don't see how it's any worse than just doing an announcment except for an announcement getting people's notice alot better.

I just think of them as people generally and if we're in an IC area I tend to just ignore things like Mickey being a 401 reptoid, but if they make an appearance people tend to go OOC. Really I think the problem is generally the player's reaction to them whether talking on the comm or meeting them in person.

Singing bits of RL songs over the comm and telepathy is a pet peeve of mine though :\
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
reptoid

I'm sure someone's got a log of me somewhere when I was still a Not Quite Human Performer. Or even Human, further back.

Wait, when did I go on trial here? <froth>

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject:

The GM deaths on comm have never bothered me in the least. I chuckle quite a bit from the innovativeness of some of them.

It's also very rare that there are more than one or two sentence answers from the GM's on the comm, let alone an acknowledgement at all. I don't have a problem with any of it as long as it doesn't go too far. I look at it as some others do, this is still Beta. I also appreciate hearing an answer on the comms when some people are starting to get upset or confused by a change made in the game.

As far as GM's IG, I usually just report and they report back or come and talk to me personally. I do expect that things will probably change in Live, so I'm not too worried about it at this point.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject:

the GM deaths are funny at times but eventually get a bit tiresome, but the GMs giving one-liners or shooting asapi at yaru or whatever isn't a big deal ot me.

while it's obvious that faith/hannah/mickey/etc are all GMs, i don't see why their characters can't be IC non-GM entities at times. it isn't like they go "wait until you see the new thing i coded!," they're just the same banter we give each other.

i don't see a difference between GM-Mickey logging in as Mickey and looking like a reptoid as opposed to GM-Mickey logging in as Mikcey and wearing a holomask that makes him look like a reptoid and giving witty banter. it isn't like they do more than talk, anyway.
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject:

Somewhere in the past...god i forget when. I was told that GMs are "counselors" not "gods" and it peeves me to hear em called gods *chuckle*

As for GMs on comms...i have to say it doesnt really bother me since i see them as Counselors. The death things can get a lil too much sometimes but the scroll usually makes em go by so fast i really don't pay attention to em any more.

I have to admit if something new comes out on the announcements and Im pleased with it, I do tend to comm Thanks! or something like that but thats about the extent of my OOCness.
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject:

GM's are definitely *not* gods. I know that was suggested by a previous poster, but the staff aren't anything of that sort.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject:

erm to solve this problem cant we just have a none report gm sucking up chanel so we can all harass the ever overworked gms for hugs ,kisses and well suck up to them whenever we feel the need to Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
Padishar

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject:

It seems I was misunderstood. I didn't mean to suggest that the GM's were gods, but instead of interacting with us as "Trevor" or "Mickey" you would have NPC gods. Such as Ateon or Gemrem showing up and helping/torturing people. Not having actual GM characters part of the Pantheon.
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm sure someone's got a log of me somewhere when I was still a Not Quite Human Performer. Or even Human, further back.

Code:
You see Caliente Mickey Brunner, a not-quite Human Performer.
He has brown eyes and a monstrous complexion.
He has short slicked dark brown hair combed into a pompadour.
He has scaly skin.
He has a lizard frill interrupted by a prevalent shark fin emerging from between the shoulder blades and a lean build.
He stands about 401' 0" tall, and seems to be timeless for a not-quite Human.
He is pierced with a Jocelyn Vlorin action figurine (It's not a doll!) and a giant dzukru quill through his tongue.
He appears to be feeling scared.
He has a tattoo of a panoramic ocean scene featuring King Neptune on his neck.

He is not holding anything.
He is wearing a black 'I (heart) Rodan' shirt, some comfy light-blue pajama pants, a raging seaweed-covered guitar, a smudge of shocking purple lipstick, a smudge of harlot red lipstick, a black and gold lounge jacket fitted with a red-rhinestoned priest's habit, a black-and-red checkered luchador mask with black-filtered eyeholes, a hockey mask, a patrolman's hat, a nugget of copper, an Ilafai stone, and Bella McKenzie.

You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject:

I forgot the frill.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Ok, here we go.

I love that the counselors are so active in the game. It's one of the original things that kept me here playing, as opposed to other games, where all the gms do is yell at you/ban you and stuff. I like friendly gms.

Gm deaths: Yeah, they die, we see messages. When we die, we see messages.

One of the things that I've never really liked, but do anyway, just because it's commonplace, is when people react to somebody coming in the game/dying. I've never liked these messages in the first place. Fred, halfway across the world wakes up and steps out of bed, and I'm like, Oh! Fred just woke up. Yeah right. I don't like announcements being responded to, and prefer it if OOC responses don't leak onto public communication.

On the issue of the RPness of GMs. I would love to see GM's have backstories and a certain rpness about them. I think that'd be pretty awesome. I've rp'ed a feud between Tyger and Beau ever since I met Beau. It never occured to me that it was odd, or wrong, to RP a feud between my character, and somebody who doesn't exist, and no, I'm not talking about the people in Tyger's head.

I think that's pretty much it for now I guess.

Oh, and, should we not call them Counselors? I always thoughts that's what we were told to do, but yesterday when I corrected someone that they were counselors, and not in fact gods, I got comm shocked. Just trying to understand that...
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Off hand I'm not sure why you got a shock, I wasn't present at the time.. perhaps it was a different comment? Or maybe it was discussing GM's in general but we don't tend to be that hell bent on IC enforcement.

Anyway, we are GM's or Counselors, in terms of our titles, though discussing us on public channels is a no-no. We are -not- gods.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject:

umm well dreg seems to think gms are her imaginary friends whos voices occasionally intermingle with the many other voices goin on in her head and on really good/bad days the schitzophrenic side of dreg can actually make the voices into a solid vision and she sees these imaginary friends Twisted Evil

well that is they way im going to justify dreg speaking on the comms to gms anyways Twisted Evil and i can foresee many shocks headed dregs way but whats a few buzzes between friends Razz
 Back to top »
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject:

tygerwulf wrote:
One of the things that I've never really liked, but do anyway, just because it's commonplace, is when people react to somebody coming in the game/dying. I've never liked these messages in the first place. Fred, halfway across the world wakes up and steps out of bed, and I'm like, Oh! Fred just woke up. Yeah right. I don't like announcements being responded to, and prefer it if OOC responses don't leak onto public communication.

I actually stopped doing this. I used to, and then Kit was like, "What?" one day when I said Zap popped in which I couldn't have possibly known because I never saw them.

It's hard not to respond to GM deaths when they are as grotesquely funny as the rainbow of someone.

And my personal take on GMs IC?

Trevor Rage > Enverdi Blue'el

Problem solved.
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I would like to bump this topic. Many, many times.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people commenting on the inventiveness of GM deaths on telepathy (I don't use a comm for IC reasons, so I can't tell if they do it there or not). It's very irritating since I don't particularly consider GM's or Counselor's as part of the RP-game. That's why they each have their own "game" personas in the forms of alterers and what not. I mean, the GM's all have their own little people from the knicknacker sisters to Mara Dunn to Hecta Tagore and Ghi.

However, player arrivals and deaths I see as a bit differently. They could be considered OOC, but I've come to the realization that I can easily RP Vae as "feeling" their mental-link shatter (death) or become more mentally active (wake-up). I do this because it is in character for a psionic to be able tell sense such mental activity (in my opinion) and hell, damn near everyone has telepathy.

Anyways, just my opinion.

~`@ Vae @`~

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » PC's speaking to GM's in game over public channels.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: