FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
NPCs buying things for less over time?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » NPCs buying things for less over time?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Well, seems to me you have a quick and easy way to make loads of cash in between tailoring sessions.

wow, you sure zinged me on that one, except that what you said isn't the point.

the whole point is that artisans shouldn't have to hunt to gain money at a rate similar to hunters (who already have a near monopoly on all R items and a total monopoly on all UR items, save the ones GMs sometimes place around new areas when first rolled out). they're not a combat class. the fact that artisans get Fs in all the combat rolls or randomizers or whatever it was proves it.

Tylen wrote:
And of course now that it's been made abundantly clear with NUMBERS how patently UNFAIR it is that HIGH level ARTISANS can't make money HAND over FIST through crafting (even though they really really WANT to), we can forget this thread ever happened and move on with our scripting/lives.

don't be catty now just because I made sense in my posts and presented a fair and reasonable arguement.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject:

Wow, you sure zinged me on that one!
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
Wow, you sure zinged me on that one!

that's being catty. exactly. can't you go troll elsewhere? you're not getting anywhere doing this except convincing GMs to ignore your flamebait posts.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject:

I'm curious if you really think people believe everything you say.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
I'm curious if you really think people believe everything you say.

Seriously, dooder, I can assure you that Yaru's not the only one of the opinion that you're being a condescending troll. I can appreciate your input on not instituting stopgap measures, but the smarmy one-liners are really downplaying what will be my lengthy reply to Yaru. Please either contribute like someone with something helpful to offer, or get lost.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject:

adding some data from tonight, i make around $16,000ish an hour making candles, and i'm sure it would be more if there was a premium place to sell them.

i know candles was made more as a fun thing than a real creation system (not that it isn't a creation system, but more that everyone out the door with around $100 can make a candle and skill just determines price/adjective), so i'm sure it wasn't intended to be a real cash cow.

if anything, i'd see my tailoring and whittling at that kind of price range (although more is nice, too), but i doubt candles should really be at this range, since it's an ultra braindead money gaining system (a la photographs) i wanted to throw out that it's pretty sweet in terms of money.

ps: and i hope mickey knows that i really do love all he's done for artisans and all i don't see eye to eye on with him is the general money making-ness of it all. any other general frustration i'm dealing with lately is more the case of me playing faster than the GMs can code, which isn't something unique to haelrahv.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
since it's an ultra braindead money gaining system (a la photographs)

That reminds me, since I forgot to bring it up previously (forgetfulness, honestly, being the reason people often don't know about my changes, and not sinister "cloak and dagger" purposes), I crippled the cashing in on photography (like, a month ago). Especially the 'top secret area-based pictures' thing, which I didn't even know existed until Valla told me about it (cameras weren't my code).

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Especially the 'top secret area-based pictures' thing, which I didn't even know existed until Valla told me about it (cameras weren't my code).

you mean how there are some area photos that were worth more than others?

i think some people were coded that way, too. IE: a photo of trevor is worth more than a photo of yaru (only in value, not in pricelessness).

Last edited by soundless on Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject:

I blame it on my anti-hypocritical tendencies.

That being said, I think it's pretty enviable that Artisans can make money while training so many skills. I'm really just absolutely dying to see how rich Sigil Lore is going to make me.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
I'm really just absolutely dying to see how rich Sigil Lore is going to make me.

since only the creator can generally use the sigil, i suppose nothing.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
I blame it on my anti-hypocritical tendencies.

That being said, I think it's pretty enviable that Artisans can make money while training so many skills. I'm really just absolutely dying to see how rich Sigil Lore is going to make me.

Money is usually gained in the application of skills, not just having them trained. For instance, Yaru has to use his crafting skills to make things to sell. You have to use your combat skills to acquire treasure to sell. While some of your sigils could be used to improve your money-via-combat ability, most Guardians seem more interested in generally fun new abilities than making money.

Not to take a cheap shot here, but being quite serious: If money was your prime motivation, I'd have thought you'd have kept your Bureaucrat profession.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject:

[quote="soundless"]
Kit wrote:
the whole point is that artisans shouldn't have to hunt to gain money at a rate similar to hunters (who already have a near monopoly on all R items and a total monopoly on all UR items, save the ones GMs sometimes place around new areas when first rolled out). they're not a combat class. the fact that artisans get Fs in all the combat rolls or randomizers or whatever it was proves it.

While I agree with you that creation system primary professions SHOULD be able to make as much money as hunters....it isn't gonna happen. Trevor gave his reasons for that... I can respect that...and thusly, I hunt for money rather than do tech things.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
HR-Mickey wrote:
Especially the 'top secret area-based pictures' thing, which I didn't even know existed until Valla told me about it (cameras weren't my code).

you mean how there are some area photos that were worth more than others?

i think some people were coded that way, too. IE: a photo of trevor is worth more than a photo of yaru (only in value, not in pricelessness).

Huh. I wish I knew about selling pictures! I usually just make photoalbums.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
While I agree with you that creation system primary professions SHOULD be able to make as much money as hunters....it isn't gonna happen. Trevor gave his reasons for that... I can respect that...and thusly, I hunt for money rather than do tech things.

and i gave my reasons for otherwise, and then trevor said he'll be looking into some things according to the data i gave him, and then you and aesal feel the need to keep commenting about how i should just hunt for who knows why...

while it might not be apt for artisans to make as much per hour as hunters, i'm sure it isn't intended for artisans to make 1/3rd as much per hour, and the fact that trevor even said some things look too low, i'm not sure he is disagreeing with me. i have no clue why you're attempting to convince me to hunt and bringing up techs to explain why.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject:

after training some skinning past cap and some mentality, i was able to get a few getok skins (not sure if the mental helped but who knows).

once made into scroll cases, they sell for the exact same amount as the kashaga scroll cases, around $675.

there's nothing harder that i can hunt that offers a skinnable i can tailor with. even with 202 skinning, 200 (220) coordination, and 145 (148) mentality, i can't skin them 100% of the time. they take a lot of bullets to drop, even with me being 30 levels their senior. the area shoots fire that can't be dodged. they still can hit me pretty hard.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » NPCs buying things for less over time?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: