FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Shavcire
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » Shavcire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Shavcire

It takes an average tech several minutes to fix things.

Why does Shavcire insta-fix em? There definately should be a fix roundtime.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject:

Believe me, it wouldn't have any dent on the convenience of the NPC versus hunting for a tech. However, the NPC costs a lot of money versus tipping a tech or paying a fee to a tech, which is the prime motivator.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Believe me, it wouldn't have any dent on the convenience of the NPC versus hunting for a tech. However, the NPC costs a lot of money versus tipping a tech or paying a fee to a tech, which is the prime motivator.

Well....even with playing a 95th tech, I use Shavcire myself for Kit because the 2k charge to repair my battered eyes is much better then Kit doing the repairs himself.... 2k vs 5-6 minutes fiddling with repair kits that cost 500 a pop? Shavcire is WAY better then getting a tech.

So perhaps he needs a price increase instead of a time increase.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:

wait, repair kits run out? wow, mine has lasted for the last few months, so i didn't even realize it.

and that's exactly the trade off though, kit. you can either choose to spend $2,000 to repair your eyes or spend a minute or two (or three) doing it yourself. normally non techs would see the trade off being "wait until a tech/someone with high repair (for cyberparts, at least) shows up" vs "pay a few hundred for instant gratification".

one thing i would eventually be interested in seeing is for NPCs to repair everything to a step or two before being in perfect condition, with perfect condition gear being a tad better than all other gear. that way, someone can go "well, my eyeballs are broken and no tech is around, but i still can't use them to the best of my ability until a tech fixes it". same for medics and such (which i do think faith is working on- making the emergency room more for emergency-like things).
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject:

It takes Tshar like 2 minutes to repair all his cyberware if it's not too badly damage. If it's too badly damaged he can't repair it at all.
Kit

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
wait, repair kits run out? wow, mine has lasted for the last few months, so i didn't even realize it.

and that's exactly the trade off though, kit. you can either choose to spend $2,000 to repair your eyes or spend a minute or two (or three) doing it yourself. normally non techs would see the trade off being "wait until a tech/someone with high repair (for cyberparts, at least) shows up" vs "pay a few hundred for instant gratification".

one thing i would eventually be interested in seeing is for NPCs to repair everything to a step or two before being in perfect condition, with perfect condition gear being a tad better than all other gear. that way, someone can go "well, my eyeballs are broken and no tech is around, but i still can't use them to the best of my ability until a tech fixes it". same for medics and such (which i do think faith is working on- making the emergency room more for emergency-like things).

Casing kits have the most uses...sealant bottles 2-3 and so on.

I don't even think busted up cybergear does anything. I've never noticed 'dead weight' eyes to have any ill effect on my perception at all. I let my gear go until they're almost beyond before I trade em in to Shavcire. If even a tech sees that it's faster, cheaper, easier to use the NPC, then there's something wrong with the pricing. I know when I do repair for people I charge 5k plus. Which is almost twice what Shavcire does for a faster service.

Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Maybe you shouldn't charge so much then?
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
same for medics and such (which i do think faith is working on- making the emergency room more for emergency-like things).

One of the things on my long list of 'TO DO YESTERDAY' projects.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
Rcurtis2241

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Im wondering when Techs are gonna get something new.I really want a cool organizer to at least play around on.
-Sebe
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject:

tygerwulf wrote:
Maybe you shouldn't charge so much then?

If I didn't, people would actually want me to repair for them. It's definately my least favorite tech thing to do. Ick.

But yeah, I like Yaru's idea about Shavcire only being able to repair something so far. Everything up to the casing and then a tech would have to take care of that.

Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject:

kit wrote:
I don't even think busted up cybergear does anything. I've never noticed 'dead weight' eyes to have any ill effect on my perception at all.

I've noticed damaged cyber eyes having an effect on Tshar's defenses.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
If I didn't, people would actually want me to repair for them. It's definately my least favorite tech thing to do. Ick.

so this whole thread is "why does the NPC do something i don't want to do in the first place"?

and why not just repair things before they get the snot beat out of them? i know i repair things in about 5 seconds or less by not letting them get mauled.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
I know when I do repair for people I charge 5k plus. Which is almost twice what Shavcire does for a faster service.

You can't expect to set the value of a service like that, when comparing to game mechanics. If you could, you could then say you wish to charge 100K for repairs, so the "NPC must charge more".

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject:

anyway, the way to make money from players in HR is to offer something at a better rate than NPCs. when i was (and still am, just to a lesser extent since tailored good prices fell) buying skins, i was offering notably more than the premium rate. since you're offering services, you need to offer less than the NPCs to get people to use you (yet you don't want to, anyway).

the only way you can set your own rates is if you can offer something NPCs can't and other players won't undercut you. I lucked out on backpacks because Mellie supported me in what I was attempting to do. You sorta lucked out because people were giving away gadgets for free.

in game marketing is a crazy thing.
Kit

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Kit wrote:

so this whole thread is "why does the NPC do something i don't want to do in the first place"?

and why not just repair things before they get the snot beat out of them? i know i repair things in about 5 seconds or less by not letting them get mauled.

No, this whole thread is why if the NPC faster, easier, cheapier than a player?

And the cheaper refers to the price of parts, not labor. This thread has nothing to do with me making money. I have long long ago resigned that I will never make money as a tech, nor will I be able to learn experience very well from doing tech-things. That's why Kit hunts.

The whole point of the thread, no matter what Yaru seems to be making of it...is that an NPC should never never never be better to go to than a player character.

And right now, because he charges just a tad more than the cost of parts to fix equiptment, and because he fixes them instantly, he's WAY better then any PC tech. So much better than a PC tech that THIS PC tech finds it far easier to go to the NPC then to sit around 'repair arm with my acuator kit' and 'repair arm with my wiring kit' over and over.

The request about Shavcire was either to raise his prices to encourage going to a PC tech or to give him some roundtime...again...to encourage going to a PC tech.... OR letting him only fix damage to a certain point....

All of this to encourage people to go to Riy or Sebastion or Reyn or the pet techs rather then seeing Shavcire for a quick fix.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » Shavcire
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: