Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Assult Rifles
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Assult Rifles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moka

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Assult Rifles

I happened to see a merc useing an assult rifle and and thought I would really like to have one.
After asking around for two days I was informed that assult rifles had been removed from the game.
I was rather let down about it....I think troopers...military....assult rifles.
Will assult rifles be allowed back or is it something that will never be allowed IG?
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject:

they weren't removed from the game, they're merchant-only and the merchant just hasn't been around lately.

two sidearms > asault rifle, anyway. but the assault rifle does look cool and i use my tg-23x for fun time to time Smile
Moka

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Assult rifle

Well it seems I get different info from everyone....have been told that they are no longer for sale period....and that they can't be had for less then 8 million in IG money.
I would really like to know whats what...and if the will be sold again and price range so I can start holding money for one.
 Back to top »
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject:

Whoa, whoa. If you're the same person that asked me about mine, I told you they were available at a fest but not sold anyplace else anymore. I remember saying I'd sell mine for 8 million [and wasn't being serious], but that's just because I'm a greedy turd (but one of the few willing to admit it).

The fact of the matter is there are just hard-to-find weapons that only make apperances at festivals or like celebrations, and they really are expensive (subjectively) -- the assault rifles, the original batch of triple-bladed and punching daggers, splatterguns, V-crossbows, bloodletters, etc.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject:

zamde wrote:
Whoa, whoa. If you're the same person that asked me about mine, I told you they were available at a fest but not sold anyplace else anymore. I remember saying I'd sell mine for 8 million [and wasn't being serious], but that's just because I'm a greedy turd (but one of the few willing to admit it).

The fact of the matter is there are just hard-to-find weapons that only make apperances at festivals or like celebrations, and they really are expensive (subjectively) -- the assault rifles, the original batch of triple-bladed and punching daggers, splatterguns, V-crossbows, bloodletters, etc.

Seriously. It took me about 3 months to get ahold of a splattergun...only to be disappointed by it. Two storebought pulse handguns work better. Assault riffles were festival weapons. If you've ever played SIMU games, you realize that fest and merchant anything is mega rare. And therefore....people probably will charge a huge ass amount of that stuff.

My advice to you....get a storebought item altered instead. Alterers are much more frequent then merchants and there tends to be one around every few weeks.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject:

as a sidenote...

if you feel you need one specific weapon to function with a set weapon type, then either you're not planning things out properly or the weapon type isn't set up properly.

there are plenty of guns with tons of advantages/disadvantages. i know when the tg-25 and tg-23x were both out, Zamde would swear by the tg-25 (or at least love shooting me with it) but i would prefer the tg-23x because i personally felt that accuracy and light weight were more important than an extra hit and heavier damage.

right now yaru carries two officer sidearms and his tg-23x. i prefer the sidearms not because they hit harder, but because to me they're more accurate. now, other people swear that rifles are more accurate than sidearms when they use them, but i know how it works for me.

so don't think that you have to use an assault rifle in order to be the best you can be with a gun. it depends on a lot.
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Yaru makes a really good point that most people overlook: The "best" weapon, of any variety, is subjective to both character build and situation/circumstance.

For instance, in contradiction to Yaru's weapon criteria, Zamde prefers something bulkier with a bigger payload; she's got the muscles to shoulder it, and a willingness to rely on luck on the occasion that her skill fails, not to mention a lack of fear where roundtime is concerned (the TG-25s have a 20 second reload time).

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
Moka

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
as a sidenote...

if you feel you need one specific weapon to function with a set weapon type, then either you're not planning things out properly or the weapon type isn't set up properly.

Ok let me re-phrase what I was saying.
First I don't feel I have to have an assult rifle....I don't feel like if I do not get one I will die or that I can't RP my trooper right without it.

I'm saying I would really really like to have one because it looks like fun.

Trooper....military/police.........ummm....when was the last time you saw modern day military packing pistols hunting rifles and shotguns?

Granted there are uses for those weapons such as snipers and close quarter assult. But most militaries issue assult rifles.

But then again we have pulse weapons......but that dosen't change my feelings about wanting one....not needing one.......wanting is very different then need.
Right now I use two sidearms also along with an altered TG-10 and do very well. I just would like to own an assult rifle just like I own a step 2 trooper only pulse rifle.....it's weak and dosen't hit as hard as my shotgun but it's fun to use at times too.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject:

Moka wrote:
Trooper....military/police.........ummm....when was the last time you saw modern day military packing pistols hunting rifles and shotguns.

i was going to post some military-grade shotguns to prove you wrong, but instead i got this link and decided it would be cool as all hell for that to exist in haelrahv.

make that exist, please.
Anifaust
PROHAIRESIS FLESH PUPPET

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject:

If it was me or Hakto (I think we're the only two "assault rifle" owners unless someone else had a similar alteration) then they were merc only rifles to begin with (and only two of them were sold). I personally haven't ever seen an original assault rifle for sale and I've owned one of pretty much every weapon at one point or another, but that doesn't mean it's never happened.

Glim Faethyn says, "Anifaust Retaw says, "I still want a bobo dunk tank game."

Mellie Knight (4:01:07 PM): Oh yeah. I'd kill for your brains but I'll settle for your body.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject:

Anifaust wrote:
If it was me or Hakto (I think we're the only two "assault rifle" owners unless someone else had a similar alteration) then they were merc only rifles to begin with (and only two of them were sold). I personally haven't ever seen an original assault rifle for sale and I've owned one of pretty much every weapon at one point or another, but that doesn't mean it's never happened.

the tg-25 black assault rifle is the one being spoken of, i believe. it was sold with the tg-23x field rifle.
Anifaust
PROHAIRESIS FLESH PUPPET

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject:

Ahh, didn't know that there had been an original assault rifle sold. Guess it's time for me to do some more weapon shopping! Shocked

Glim Faethyn says, "Anifaust Retaw says, "I still want a bobo dunk tank game."

Mellie Knight (4:01:07 PM): Oh yeah. I'd kill for your brains but I'll settle for your body.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject:

Anifaust wrote:
Ahh, didn't know that there had been an original assault rifle sold. Guess it's time for me to do some more weapon shopping! Shocked

Code:
You carefully look over a heavy black TG25 assault rifle.
It is worn upon the back.
Use of this weapon in melee combat requires proficiency in the blunt weapons skill.
Use of this weapon when fired requires proficiency in the marksmanship skill.
You are certain it is of remarkable quality and workmanship.
This weapon uses AG10 rounds for ammunition.
This weapon is unsuited for use in underwater environments.

This weapon is capable of doing fairly low blunt damage.
This weapon is not suitable for piercing attacks.
This weapon is not suitable for slashing attacks.
This weapon is capable of doing good damage when fired.
This weapon is capable of firing three shots simultaneously.
If all shots fired simultaneously strike, this weapon is capable of doing god-like damage.

It looks as though it would be manageable at melee range.
It looks as though it would be poorly suited to wield at pole range.
It looks as though it would be clumsy at pilum range.
It looks as though it would be cumbersome at missile range.

This weapon requires two hands to wield.
You have no idea what this is worth, but it looks mighty expensive.
Roundtime: 18 sec.

Darian
Errant Shadow

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject:

First thing I'd like to say is ASSAULT ASSAULT ASSAULT A-S-S-A-U-L-T. It's been posted several times with the correct spelling, yet you still spell it assult. That being said, I have a heavy black TG25 assault rifle that I would be willing to sell and not for cheap either. However, be warned, it's heavy, but it does hit hard.
Platinumyan
Master Plush ;(

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Darian wrote:
First thing I'd like to say is ASSAULT ASSAULT ASSAULT A-S-S-A-U-L-T. It's been posted several times with the correct spelling, yet you still spell it assult. That being said, I have a heavy black TG25 assault rifle that I would be willing to sell and not for cheap either. However, be warned, it's heavy, but it does hit hard.

There are others with the rifle as well..though they hide them well.....

Yan

This object amazingly decreases one's Logic skill.
This object amazingly enhances one's Flaming skill.
This object considerably enhances one's Annoyance skill.

You sigh.
You say, “Great, another one.”
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Assult Rifles
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: