FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Stupidity In The News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Stupidity In The News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Some upscale restaurants have decided to stop selling bottled water. "It just makes sense to us to not have to use all the energy and resources to bottle water in Italy and then truck it to our restaurant," said Mike Kossa-Rienzi, general manager of Chez Panisse in Berkeley, Calif. A spokesman for the International Bottled Water Association said the change would have little conservation impact and would restrict consumer choices. (AP)

** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- A woman is suing her dance partner, claiming he dropped her on her head after flipping her into the air at an office party.

Lacey Hindman, 22, was a victim of "negligent dancing," says her lawyer, David M. Baum.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Wife indicted after husband shoots and kills her lover in Texas
By ANGELA K. BROWN

Associated Press Writer

ARLINGTON, Texas — Darrell Roberson came home from a card game late one night to find his wife rolling around with another man in a pickup truck in the driveway.

Caught in the act with her lover, Tracy Denise Roberson — thinking quickly, if not clearly — cried rape, authorities say. Her husband pulled a gun and killed the other man with a shot to the head.

On Thursday, a grand jury handed up a manslaughter indictment — against the wife, not the husband.

In a case likely to reinforce the state's reputation for don't-mess-with-Texas justice, the grand jury declined to charge the husband with murder, the charge on which he was arrested by police.

"If I found somebody with my wife or with my kids in my house, there's no telling what I might do," said Juan Muniz, 33, who was having lunch Friday with one of his two small children at a restaurant in the middle-class suburban Dallas neighborhood where the Robersons lived. "I probably would have done the same thing."

Tracy Roberson, 35, could get two to 20 years in prison in the slaying of Devin LaSalle, a 32-year-old UPS employee.

Assistant District Attorney Sean Colston declined to comment on specifics of the case or the grand jury proceedings but said Texas law allows a defendant to claim justification if he has "a reasonable belief that his actions are necessary, even though what they believe at the time turns out not to be true."

Mark Osler, a Baylor University law school professor and a former federal prosecutor, said the grand jurors evidently put themselves in the husband's place: "I can see one of them saying, `I would have shot the guy, too. I was just protecting my wife.'"

The December night before the shooting, Tracy Roberson sent LaSalle a text message that read in part, "Hi friend, come see me please! I need to feel your warm embrace!" according to court papers. LaSalle apparently agreed.

Darrell Roberson, a 38-year-old employee of a real estate firm, discovered the two, his wife clad in a robe and underwear.

When Tracy Roberson cried that she was being raped, LaSalle tried to drive away and her husband drew the gun he happened to be carrying and fired several shots at the truck, authorities said.

Darrell Roberson's attorney did not immediately return a call for comment.

His wife also was charged with making a false report to a police officer — for allegedly saying she was raped — and could get up to six months behind bars on that offense. It was not immediately clear whether she had a lawyer.

She had not been arrested as of Friday afternoon.

Tao

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) -- West Virginia may have won the National Invitation Tournament, but the Mountaineers' commemorative T-shirts are less than championship material.

They contain a misspelling.

The "West Virginia" printed on the shirts players wore after winning the NIT title with a 78-73 victory over Clemson on Thursday night is missing the last "i" in "Virginia."

WVU sports information director Shelly Poe said the NIT printed the shirts.

Calls to tournament officials were not immediately returned Friday.

West Virginia coach John Beilein also could not be reached for comment. He and the team were on their way back to West Virginia on Friday after winning their first NIT title in 65 years

soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject:

todd goldman = hack

hilarity ensues as one man pisses off the internet by stealing art.
Tao

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject:

Code:
May 1, 2007 -- FOXY Philadelphia TV reporter Alycia Lane is in hot water after a series of private e-mails and saucy snapshots she sent to handsome NFL Network anchorman Rich Eisen were intercepted by his wife.

Suzy Shuster, a sideline reporter for ABC's college football broadcasts, hit the roof when she discovered seven e-mails and several bikini photos sent by Lane - who works for CBS affiliate WKYW-TV and is recently divorced - to an account she and her husband, Eisen, share. That had Shuster firing off to Lane a scathing letter, a copy of which was obtained by Page Six.

A seething Shuster wrote: "Boy, do you look amazing in a bikini . . . congrats! Whatever you're doing, (Pilates? yoga?) keep doing it - it's working for you. Anyway, sorry but those seven e-mails you sent to my husband, Rich, well, oops, they came to the e-mail address we both use from time to time, but no worries, I'll forward the beach shots as well as the ones of you dancing with your friends on to his main address. Do you have it?"

She then provides her hubby's private e-mail, "since you surely are trying so hard to get his attention. I mean, what better way to get a guy's attention than with skin! Best - Suzy Shuster Eisen"

Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Big-spending Briton wants payback for cancer scare

LONDON, May 7 (Reuters) - A British man who went on a wild spending spree after doctors said he only had a short time to live wants compensation because the diagnosis was wrong and he is now healthy -- but broke.

John Brandrick, 62, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer two years ago and told that he would probably die within a year.

He quit his job, sold or gave away nearly all his possessions, stopped paying his mortgage and spent his savings dining out and going on holiday. Brandrick was left with little more than the black suit, white shirt and red tie that he had planned to be buried in when it emerged a year later that his suspected "tumour" was no more than a non-life threatening inflammation of the pancreas. "When they tell you you've got a limited time and everything, you do enjoy life," Brandrick, from Cornwall in the west of England, told Sky television.

"I'm really pleased that I've got a second chance in life... but if you haven't got no money after all this, which is my fault -- I spent it all -- they should pay something back."

If he can't get compensation, he is considering selling his house or suing the hospital that diagnosed him. The hospital has said that while it sympathises with Brandrick, a review of his case showed no different diagnosis would have been made.

** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A Brazilian brewery was ordered to pay $49,000 to a former beer taster who claims his job turned him into an alcoholic. The unnamed man says he was required to drink up to 25 small glasses of beer per eight-hour shift.

Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
NEW YORK, May 22 (Reuters) - Police nabbed a suspected burglar after he made off with thousands of dollars in jewelry and other items but left behind his resume and keys, New York City police officials said.

Police investigating a robbery at the Brooklyn residence of a local politician on Sunday evening found a set of keys and a computer disk containing the suspect's resume.

The police contacted the man using the telephone number on the resume. He asked police if they found his keys.

He was charged with burglary and possession of stolen property.

Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- Customs officers at Cairo's airport have detained a man bound for Saudi Arabia who was trying to smuggle 700 live snakes on a plane, airport authorities said.

The officers were stunned when a passenger, identified as Yahia Rahim Tulba, told them his carryon bag contained live snakes after he was asked to open it.

Tulba opened his bag to show the snakes to the police and asked the officers, who held a safe distance, not to come close. Among the various snakes, hidden in small cloth sacks, were two poisonous cobras, authorities said.

The Egyptian said he had hoped to sell the snakes in Saudi Arabia. Police confiscated the snakes and turned Tulba over to the prosecutor's office, accusing him of violating export laws and endangering the lives of other passengers.

According to the customs officials, Tulba claimed the snakes are wanted by Saudis who display them in glass jars in shops, keep them as pets or sell them to research centers.

The value of the snakes was not immediately known.

Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
stuff about the guy with XDR TB

Normally I'm not a big fan of torts, but I hope he gets himself sued multiple times.
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Judge sentences man to stay single for three years

Steven Cranley can't get a girlfriend -- at least for the next three years. That's the order of a judge in Ontario, who ruled that the 24-year-old Canadian has to remain single until 2010 as punishment for attacking his former girlfriend.

"Cranley, who has been diagnosed with a dependent personality disorder, attacked his girlfriend in an argument after their breakup," the Associated Press reports. "He tried to prevent her from phoning the police by cutting her phone cord and punched and kicked her. He finally stabbed himself with a butcher knife when police did arrive, puncturing his aorta."

The Peterborough Examiner says he spent 146 days in jail before the trial. "You cannot form a romantic relationship of an intimate nature with a female person," the judge said, according to the paper. "That is the only way I can see the protection of the public is in place until you get the counselling you need."

John Oakley of the National Post describes the "bold" order as "pre-emptive harm reduction."

Back to top »
Hokius

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Global Warming Causes Darfur Genocide

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070616212708.ymevxrx6&show_article=1&catnum=0

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Robber Pwn'd!

And people say that guns overpower an edged weapon. Heh.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Pair told not to name son '4real'

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- New Zealand authorities have blocked a couple's bid to officially name their new son "4real," saying numerals are not allowed.

Pat and Sheena Wheaton said they decided to name their new baby "4real" shortly after having an ultrasound and being struck by the reality of his impending arrival.

"For most of us, when we try to figure out what our names mean, we have to look it up in a babies book and ... there's no direct link between the meaning and the name," Pat Wheaton told TV One on Wednesday. "With this name, everyone knows what it means."

But when the parents filed the name with New Zealand's Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, they were told names beginning with a number were against the rules.

The government office has opened negotiations with the parents about the name under a policy that says all unusual names must be given case-by-case consideration.

"The name has not at this stage been rejected," Registrar-General Brian Clarke said in a statement Thursday. "We are currently in discussions with the parents ... to clarify the situation."

Clarke said the rules are designed to prevent names that are "likely to cause offense to a reasonable person." Satan and Adolf Hitler were proposed names that have been declined, he said.

If no compromise has been reached by July 9, the baby will be registered as "real," officials say.

New Zealand law requires all children born in the South Pacific nation to be registered with the Births, Deaths and Marriages registry within two months of birth.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Stupidity In The News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: