FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Stupidity In The News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Stupidity In The News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject:

I had a friend in high school named Michelle Cox... who then married a man with the last name of Boner

Shocked

Luckily she divorced that man and is now married to another (not Johnson thank god)
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/22/katrina.pets.ap/index.html
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/22/katrina.pets.ap/index.html

If it came to a choice between my dog and my next door neighbor living through a hurricane, my dog would win hands down everytime. I don't dislike my next door neighbor, but my dog is part of my family.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject:

The secret behind hurricanes
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject:

I'd hate to be at his house when the ninjas and samurai gunmen invade.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Her 15 minutes are way past over
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
Her 15 minutes are way past over

I SO agree with you on that.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject:

I'm still laughing that 100,000 showed for the anti war rally and 500 for the pro-war one.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject:

This headline from the Onion last week was way funnier...

Quote:
Bush Braces As Cindy Sheehan's Other Son Drowns In New Orleans

Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
DALLAS
Suspect Sentenced After Tainting Pastries With Feces
Oct 28, 2005, 06:59 AM

A judge sentenced the man convicted of putting his own fecal matter on food at a Dallas grocery store to five years in prison.

Against his attorney's advice, Behrouz Nahidmobarekeh took the stand in his own defense to explain why he did it.

"I was sitting at home and I was in one of my withdrawal and I had the feces there, I was cleaning up, I already did some heroin." said Nahidmobarekeh.

He said he was upset at employees at the Fiesta Grocery Store in Dallas.

"I picked up that dry feces I talked about it it couldn't hurt anybody I could get, even if I get caught I want to teach these people a lesson." said Nahidmobarekeh.

He said he thought they didn't properly address his complaints he'd made against the store.

After the conviction, Nahidmobarekeh's attorney says the jury made its decision too hastily.

"The jury made a decision because it was so grossed out. They couldn't follow the law. It was an emotional decision. I understand." said Clark Birdsall.

Judge Vic Cunningham called what Nahidmobarekeh did, "nasty" and "repulsive."

"It's been so nasty, it's raunchy, repugnant, repulsive, vile and vulgar. Your lawyer had the best line of all, you just can't put any lipstick on this pig. There's no way, it's just nasty." said Cunningham.

"I think by their verdict and sending the five years and considering he was probation eligible and giving him penitentiary time, I think it was a pretty strong verdict." said prosecutor Taly Haffar.

Store owners initially called police after customers complained the fresh-baked items smelled and tasted like manure.

Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject:

That was really hard to read.. Either the people they were quoting spoke horribly or the editor didn't get the poor writing.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject:

The perpetrator (unsurprisingly) wasn't exactly the intelligent type.
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject:

The Fiestas in Dallas are filthy as it is, so I'm not too surprised.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Woman to marry man who shot her
Boyfriend sentenced to 20 years in prison

SAN BERNARDINO, California (AP) -- A woman says she still plans to marry the man who shot her in the groin and then held her hostage in his family's garage for six days.

Tina Marie Stebbins revealed her intentions in a letter released Monday as her boyfriend, Christian Leroy Lindblad, 37, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for shooting her in June 2002.

"I love Christian today as deeply as I loved him before this awful thing happened to us," Stebbins wrote in a victim impact statement. "We are soul mates."

She added: "I want to tell you all that I have forgiven Christian. And I pray that Christian has forgiven me for failing him when he needed me most."

Lindblad and his parents tried to cover up the shooting by treating Stebbins with home remedies, according to a San Bernardino County Sheriff's report. They also threatened her young sons and her family, the report said.

Critically wounded, Stebbins was airlifted to a hospital after Lindblad mentioned the incident to a family friend who was a firefighter.

Lindblad pleaded guilty to a charge of attempted murder as his trial was about to begin in early October. He has said the shooting was an accident.

His father, Robert Leroy Lindblad, 72, pleaded guilty in 2003 to being an accessory and was sentenced to three years in prison.

His mother, Shirley Royann Samantha Lindblad, 62, was sentenced to three years probation after pleading guilty to the same charge.

Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Prosecution sought in death of domino-toppling sparrow

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) — The Dutch animal protection agency demanded prosecution Tuesday for the shooting of a sparrow that knocked over 23,000 dominoes during an attempt to set a world record.
The ill-fated bird flew into an exposition center Monday in the northern city of Leeuwarden, where employees of TV company Endemol NV had worked for weeks setting up more than 4 million dominoes in an attempt to break the official Guinness World Record for falling dominoes.

The common house sparrow — of a species on the national endangered list — was chased into a corner and shot by an exterminator with an air rifle.

"Under Dutch law, you need a permit to kill this kind of bird, and a permit can only be granted when there's a danger to public health or a crop," said agency spokesman Niels Dorland. "That was not the case."

"I might add: Is it really necessary to kill a bird that knocked over a few dominoes for a game?" he asked.

Dorland said the agency plans to submit the case to national prosecutors.

The Endemol organizers, who are out to break their own record of 3,992,397 dominoes during a live television broadcast on Friday, defended the killing.

"That bird was flying around and knocking over a lot of dominoes. More than 100 people from 12 countries had worked for more than a month setting them up," said Endemol spokesman Jeroen van Waardenberg.

He said the company was considering some kind of memorial or mention for the dead bird during the television broadcast Friday.

Dorland, the animal protection group spokesman, scoffed.

"I think they were awfully fast to pull out a rifle. If a person started knocking over a few dominoes they wouldn't shoot him would they?"

Hans Peeters, director of the Netherlands Bird Protection agency, said the killing was uncalled for.

"They could have captured it or sedated it or something," he said.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Stupidity In The News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: