FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Echak
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Geography, Maps & Travel » Echak
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Echak

So, is there some way to combat the searing and painful heat of the getok hound area? I explored Echak for the first time today and wanted to try fighting them and/or Thekko, but the heat made it almost impossible. For anybody who fights getok hounds on a regular basis, do you just make lots of runs to Mogerur or fight with a medic or how do you do it?

Also (I bugged this in game, but I might as well mention it here), is heat resistance taken into account in this area? Mine is fairly high, I'd say, and I still bleed with every wave. Is it even worse for people with next to none? Also, does armor reduce the effects?
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I used to have not much problem at all in getoks, using rime potion, and elemental shield. But something seems changed as of the last time I went to see if Thekko was there. I wasn't in the area more than a minute or two and was down to 65% in health, which was unheard of before. There is nowhere to go recover in that whole area unless you climb back out. I was using life potions also which I didn't have to do previously as much as I'm having to now.

Just checked again. Something is definitely different. I used to only get scuffed in there, not immediately bleeding like I did this time. Two heat pulses which only take about a minute or so and I had to leave. I was already down to 70 in health and hadn't even seen one getok yet. For info, with rime and e s I have 41% in heat resistance.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Heat resistance should in theory be factored in unless the designer (Mickey or Valla, I think Mickey) made a decision to specifically exclude that resistance. Resistances are applied by default. Mickey won't be around for over a week unfortunately, but I'll make sure he's aware of your concern just in case there is an actual problem in the code rather than intentional design.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject:

The volcano is getting hotter! Twisted Evil
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject:

BTW, I'm going to discuss w/ Mickey adding damage mitigation or negation when Elemental Shield is up. I'd like to generally implement it more in specific game mechanics so it does more than just resist boosting.

Back to top »
HR-Valla

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject:

The getok hound area does take heat resistance into account, but should not be turning you into a crispy critter the moment you step foot into the area. I'll get Mickey to look this over.

As for hunting there, the critters are heat based, therefore they reaaalllly do not like any type of cold attack.

(Laurel Thatcher Ulrich)
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject:

didn't trevor mention somewhere that poison is hurting players more because health levels changed, but the damage from poison didn't change accordingly? couldn't the same thing be happening here?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I had meant to mention that here and never got around to it. It's possible this is a cause but it's hard to say for certain without seeing how the heat damage is applied.

Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject:

Good for you guys I got the opportunity to come home for a day; when I was testing some stuff on the volcano, I inadvertantly had multiple simultaneous heat tasks running -- this is fixed.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Geography, Maps & Travel » Echak
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: