FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Religious RP.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Religious RP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like to RP a religious belief for your characters?
I keep up with the various deities and RP some religious aspect a lot.
22%
 22%  [ 16 ]
I'll RP it now and then but I may not know the details on all the gods and such.
28%
 28%  [ 20 ]
Once in a blue moon I RP it, but it's not a big deal to me.
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
I don't RP religion at all, but I don't mind those who do.
28%
 28%  [ 20 ]
Those who RP religions or religious beliefs annoy/bother me.
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 70

Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject:

Hm, I've always understood ubermensch to be 'the ultimate moral being', and untermensch to be the 'non-moral subserviant sheep/peon'. I guess I was wrong.

I've been wanting to read "Thus Spake Zarathustra", but nobody around here carries it. I suppose I'll have to resort to Amazon. Woe is me.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject:

mensch or mensh ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mnsh)
n. Informal pl. mensch·es or mensch·en (mnshn)
A person having admirable characteristics, such as fortitude and firmness of purpose: “He radiates the kind of fundamental decency that has a name in Yiddish; he's a mensch” (James Atlas).

ubermensch

n : a person with great powers and abilities [syn: demigod, superman, Ubermensch]
 Back to top »
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I've been wanting to read "Thus Spake Zarathustra"

Whatever you do don't get the Thomas Common translation. He uses the term "superman," which as Brenton pointed out denotes in English someone who has superhamn powers, which the ubermench does not. Knowing some German ya might even want to keep some of the orignal text onhand since the prose is so poetic. Go for the Kaufmann translation.

I coudln't find the Kaufmann translation in full online but the Thomas Common one is definatly out there in the public domain. Also, here's the text in German http://www.gutenberg2000.de/autoren/nietzsch.htm
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject:

dreg is a heathen drunk wench darju so she bound to have lots of pent up hatred for the none religiuos darju's and with a past as evil as theirs who else would she worship but Lord Ilafai Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
sweetfae

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject:

As a Guardian Kellie really doesn't "worship" anyone as I see it. I think of her as more worshipping the trascention of knowledge and power or something to that effect.

In DR I played a Pally and a Cleric. So yeah...was religious. Cleric worshiped Faenella. And its been so long that I can't remember what the Pally god's name is. Only reason I remember Faenella is cuz my website address ends with /faenellascleric/. Heh. Switching it soon Yay! I haven't played DR in years. I went on a RPG break then quickly joined Eaxia then HR. I'm addicted to both and both ROCK.

I play one MUD on occasion cuz its a WOT mud and I like WOT.

AV doll made with http://www.sybmonde.com/ics/index.htm
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
spikeknight

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject:

There is only one goddess for Spike and she's a human hehe
and her prophet is a soft blonde aiba lol
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject:

This seemed like a fitting topic to revive in light of the heavily theological rp currently going on, what with Rihdtu and Veclav.

Seth...Has his own god. (No, not his own religion.) If you must attach a figurehead to it, it would be the god Christians pray to. Currently, he views himself in war with his deity of choice, disagreeing with his ways of letting the races handle himself. When he is being religious (and not warring) it's never open, not something anyone knows about. He prays in his head, and to himself and never mentions it.

And in closing: Roleplaying religion is very important, I think. Whether it's your disdain for the gods, your disbelief for them, or your zealous FOR SPREADIN' THE GOOD WORD BROTHA! It just another facet of character customization that you can't find in the CM.

*Note* There wasn't a real option that fit Seth, so I went with the third option.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Hokius

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject:

I know the majority of the Darju mythology, and I know who Gemrem is. However, I always forget who the 7 Darju troublemakers are, and all the other religions deities and such. I RP the religion aspect of Hok when I deem it necessary/interesting. He's more religions than most Darju, but he's still not really big on it. To keep in character I usually just pretend I hate them so much that I can't be bothered to know their names. <cackles at his own genius>

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject:

To chime in, I do believe everything released to players about the gods is available on the Hael Wiki.

/advertisement

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Religion in general is a touchy subject for me. I have one character in another game who worships an evil god, but he isn't blatantly evil. Most enjoy being around him, simply because I choose to RP a lesser known facet of that god.

So, really, I don't care about religion in the least. Sometimes, such as in the case above, I will and I think I roleplay it superbly. Other times, though, I just don't care because the character I play doesn't have a need for god, being to independent or what not. Or just that he can't 'find' a god that would suit him.

However, I really do enjoy RPing with characters who DO believe in their god, and worship that god fervently. It provides no end of RP (and amusement) to debate theology, so it really is a good aspect to think of.

On this note, I picked the fourth one (i think) where I don't RP religion, but I don't mind others who do.
 Back to top »
Hokius

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Oh yeah...I forgot that I tried to invent a religion with the help of a GM, though sadly (and because I'm a retard) I cannot recall the GMs name. The one where we all worship my silver nugget and I get to be ruler of the universe. I wrote a story about that for a class, and I got an A for it. w00t!

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject:

My purring master tailor sewing kit pwns your omnipotent silver nugget.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
 Back to top »
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Hokius wrote:
Oh yeah...I forgot that I tried to invent a religion with the help of a GM, though sadly (and because I'm a retard) I cannot recall the GMs name. The one where we all worship my silver nugget and I get to be ruler of the universe. I wrote a story about that for a class, and I got an A for it. w00t!

It was Hannah. It's in the Character Quotes thread, which for some reason I was re-reading the other day.

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
Hokius

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject:

That's right. Thanks Hannah! And my silver nugget talks, which is way more awesome than purring. Plus, purring doesn't create religions.

Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject:

My master sewing kit talked too, and while he may not be religious...He helped me evade authorities trying to throw me in the asylum >.>
---
---
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Religious RP.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: