FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Upcoming events
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » The Novice League » Upcoming events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Upcoming events

I've decided to put together a new player's guide. It will contain a detailed overview of the what and why of general training, as well as class specific training and traits.

I've also decided to try to start organizing some workshops for newer players. These will consist of tours to help learn and understand the layout of Haelrahv. Learning to navigate can sometimes be intimidating for newer players who don't know where everything is, and 30 pages of maps can be a little scary sometimes as well. I will also try to organize workshops to cover training. These will go over the various skills and stats, as well as a demo of how each works. Such as by showing the effects of 10 intellect on the same spell cast, combat difference with higher coordination but the same skill. Sometimes learning is helped by example, hopefully this will do exactly that.

It will probably be a couple weeks till I can pull this together, but anyone who would like to help, maybe mentor one of these workshops, or provide information for the class specific section of either the workshops, ror the guides, feel free to let em know.

Sean
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Should I start saving up my skill and stat points for demonstrations?
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject:

No. I've been thinking more about it. I'm going to have a training workshop every month or so, and a tour one whenever we get an influx of newer people. that seems to happen from time to time, getting 15 or so new people in like a week.

Most likely, I'll save up some reallocations and use those to demonstrate, as well as work up a couple characters to have the same skill, and different stats.

Your more than welcome to save up some if you want to help out with it, but I am not going to ask anyone else to do so unless they want to.

Sean
Nkehu
bluntmaster supreme!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject:

i know i nay part of this order, but i had ta comment. i think its great that ya makin some trainin guides an takin them on tours, but i think tis also important that ya teach them some RP etiquette, like don be talkin on da comm about skill points or "other realms", etc. catch em while they young and get em ta curb the OOC stuff dat i hear an see everyday.

jus some food fer thought, take it as ya will

~Nkehu
 Back to top »
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Agreed. The level or RP that someone does is a choice they make on their own, but certain things like knowing that being OOC and using "other realm" or "Old Earth" dont make it not OOC. Thanks for bring that up with me. I'll make sure thats brought up when I finish the guide and when I give these workshops.

Sean
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » The Novice League » Upcoming events
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: