FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Recommendations?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Recommendations?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auvan

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Recommendations?

Could someone give me some recommendations on training a new agent? I’m looking for some help on training stats and some of the best mark and bladed weapons available. Thanks.
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject:

agility coordination are your top I would say, percep and mentality next,
all your core skills plus tracking. Vibro-sabre which can be found in boxes, and Im sure somone would be willing to give you is a good starter blade, and as far as guns whatever isnt going to weigh you down till you can carry something a lil heavier.
My suggestion is to train evasion and parry both, light armor to around mid 70's I believe it is.
for future skills you will want to consider knowing bladed, possibly blunts
Anyone care to add anything else feel free.

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject:

stilldawn would know better than me, but you might want to try using some light weapons, like rdivlkots, because you can eventually just kill with poison instead of actually stabbing them to death.
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject:

actually I have never killed with poison outside of PVP, I kill quicker with my blades than poison pulses, even small level creatures if I dont kill them with my first blow, its time for my second before the poison pulses.

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Auvan

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Great info so far, thanks. I got the vibro-sabre and it hits a lot better than the knife I was carrying. I didn't know about the tracking so I'll have to work on that.

Can you tell me if Agents need ecology at all to help with poison making, or is high perception enough to find what is needed?
 Back to top »
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Ecology is going to help you find the components for poison, but theres people who will get things for you for a fair price. I'll get things for poison making for free cause I get bored and have nothing else to do.

Light armor to 75 can wear holotek and poudrach, so thats where you should train it to unless you just want to go higher

Marksmanship can get very heavy depending on what you use. a Tg25 and enough ammo for a half hour hunt can really weigh you down, but a decent handgun and rounds isnt too too bad.

Bladed is nice if you don't mind training your strength up a little bit. With lower strength exotic seems to play out better.

Tracking plays a part in searching out hiders ni the wilderness and is very nice. It also allows you to track people, which could be nice later on.

YOu still have some time till your able to make your first poison, but when you do, let me know and I can help you find your components.

Sean

Shocked
Auvan

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the info and offer of assistance Sean. I'll let you know when I get there!
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject:

if you want to use both melee and missle, i say train exotic, since they offer both kinds of weapons.
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject:

I'll second yaru there. Exotic is probably the most... useful weapon class for overall use. The only downside to that is that the exotic range weapons, well any worth their beans, are friggin heavy. They do wicked damage, bone-crushing for my nonupgraded rifle thats exotic, and they are amazing as far as ability to be used from all ranges. But they are very heavy.

I'm a tracker so alot of out abilities mirror eachother, and what I'll say about stats is this. Strength and vitality are great, but In my opinion, they dont outweigh the other stats at all.

Agility is your ability to actually hide, as well as yoru evasion and defense.

Perception is going to have an impact on almost everything. hunting, searching, component finding

Coordination is going to be substancial for weapon roundtimes, as well as hunting. Coordination according to news 16, is the SINGLE most important stat for attacking, regardless of weapon type.

Mentality, I know alot of people underestimate the power of Mentality, but Let me explain what it does better.

Mentality helps you stay hidden when someone searches, or a critter searches. The power of Mentality is this. It takes a LOT to find me when I'm hiding. I have insane stealth, but still far from max, and far from what I should need to stay hidden from some of the people who cant find me. I'm gonna push mentality. Someone pushed it once on me and I didnt believe it was worth it, until I got it up and saw for myself.

WHat all that boils down to is that I can survive on 30 strength and 30 vitality at a level where even non combat classes tend to have more than that.. Gave up that aspect for the speed, agility, and stealth ability. Thats also somethign to consider when making weapon choices. A blade uses coordination, strength, and perception, in stat order. Exotic uses Coordination, perception, strength, in that order. Exotic range is like any other range and uses coordinatiopn perception mentality. The path you decide to take as a character will decide alot of how you train, but hopefully that gives a little more information on making that decision.

If I'm wrong with any of the stats or combat importance please let me know.

Sean

Shocked
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't suggest putting to much into armor when your young. All it really does is hinder you. I don't even like to use it now.
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject:

To correct Tygerwulf, armor isn't as much of a hinderance as say.... 98,537 pairs of panties would be.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject:

*170*

And they only hinder you if you have to take them off to do it.
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject:

On the armor note. I dont think it's a bad thing to train it and keep it at max until its where you want it. I will say though, I wouldnt wear armor until you can wear the armor without any hinderance. An unskilled fighter in the best, steel, blah blah armor ever... Is going to be worse off than the same person without it.

Just make sure each time you get a piece of armor, you can wear it without hinderance. When you can wear somethign better without any, then its time to move up. Armor is great, but not at the cost of being hit more.

As far as if it pays off. If you have teh strength and vitality to do what you need without the weight of the armor getting to you, Its not bad in my opinion. I've seen some differences in the ouchies when I wear armor, and when I dont. Decent armor, and a good spell to back it up makes a pretty impressive defense. But its important to remember that getting hit hurts, no matter how much protection you have. So try to just not get hit in the first place.

Sean.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject:

get yourself some cloth armor from the fishing boxes. light armor, unhindered with 0 skill.
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject:

Yup. Thats a good place to start. I forgot about that stuff. I'm still used to teh cheap leather armor in teh tower being the starting point

Sean
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Recommendations?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: