Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
news 50
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » news 50
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: news 50

Code:
[03.12.05] All tailored container-type items will henceforth be flagged as non-alterable by merchants/alterers. Note, this change is RETROACTIVE.

i don't think this is a bad thing, but i want to make some suggestions:

i dislike that the only 'big' container item option right now is backpack. i'd like some more options for back worn containers that hold a lot. heck, let is make some back worn bodybags, bookbags, pack, and so on...just something else that's big that isn't back worn. just so there's more variety than everyone wanting to run around with a big backpack.

i'd ADORE a boon or something that allows an artisan of X level to get a custom creation item (every 25, 50, whatever levels) that mimics an already existing tailoring item.

i'd really love to be able to remove the damn exceptional craftsmanship thing from items. maybe add that information to the app, or something. "of exceptional craftsmanship' is a bit cluttering (to me), and i'd love to run around with a big old backpack, but i really don't like excess text like that.
HR-Valla

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject:

Ok, lets put a few things into perspective first.

1) Nothing, in game nor in RL is going to hold as much as a backpack (this refers to schoolbags, packs, satchels etc..) So we are not going to allow you to strap a bookbag to your back (when we all know that it is a shoulder worn container and doesn't have a large capacity) and have it hold 200 pounds. That isn't feasible or realistic.

2) Bodybags are provided by a specific merchant, hence why the general populace is unable to make them.

3) As for the exceptional craftsmanship wording, I find it hard to understand your wanting to remove it, since it is what allows you to create larger containers in the first place. It takes time,skill, and most of the time blood for those to be retrieved from critters. Now, if it becomes such an irksome perk, that is having the wording exceptional craftsmanship in the name, I am sure we can just remove the ability all together. Which means reverting back to the former max capacity.

(Laurel Thatcher Ulrich)
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject:

One thing to bear in mind:

Haversack - shoulder-worn
Backpack - back-worn
Bodybag - shoulders-worn

That's a net total of 5 possible container slots; if (to lowball a capacity) 150-pound variations thereof were floating around, that's 750-pounds of potential carrying space on a single character, not accounting for any other containers.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
One thing to bear in mind:

Haversack - shoulder-worn
Backpack - back-worn
Bodybag - shoulders-worn

That's a net total of 5 possible container slots; if (to lowball a capacity) 150-pound variations thereof were floating around, that's 750-pounds of potential carrying space on a single character, not accounting for any other containers.

Just out of curiousity, how many slots per body item do characters have?

Back, shoulders, belt, thigh, wrist, neck, hand, head, face, arm, waist, torso, chest, legs, ankles, feet.

Some of them I know, but again, I'm just curious.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
i'd really love to be able to remove the damn exceptional craftsmanship thing from items. maybe add that information to the app, or something. "of exceptional craftsmanship' is a bit cluttering (to me), and i'd love to run around with a big old backpack, but i really don't like excess text like that.

HR-Valla wrote:
3) As for the exceptional craftsmanship wording, I find it hard to understand your wanting to remove it, since it is what allows you to create larger containers in the first place. It takes time,skill, and most of the time blood for those to be retrieved from critters. Now, if it becomes such an irksome perk, that is having the wording exceptional craftsmanship in the name, I am sure we can just remove the ability all together. Which means reverting back to the former max capacity.

Code:
>tap backpack
You tap a kashaga pelt backpack of exceptional craftsmanship.

I've been wanting the "of exceptional craftsmanship" addition able to be removed since getting my backpack (which was soon after the exceptional stuff started). The only reason, really, was that I was hoping to get it altered into being dyed a different colour, so it would've been all of that tap plus a colour in the beginning. So I was hoping to have an alterer remove the last three words.

I can see how it might offend the creators of this system addition when people go around asking for changes, but it also doesn't make too much sense to me to have those modifiers in a tap. Because the only people that are going to know that it's of exceptional craftsmanship are those that are well-trained in tailoring goods and/or know how to appraise those types of things (so, good tailoring skill and/or good appraisal skill). People might think it's well-made or nice-looking, but unless they know what they're looking for they won't know that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the extra capacities. I'm not arguing against that. But I really don't see why asking if "of exceptional craftsmanship" can be moved into an appraisal line or something is a bad thing.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject:

I have to agree....but only because I like short tap discriptions.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
TienaRhyker

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject:

This might sound silly, but I was gone for a time so do forgive me. What is this Exceptional quality thing? Does it happen naturally or do we have to harvest blood to make them? I ask because Valla mentioned blood and honestly I am a little befuddled.

Edit: Alright, so maybe I should have read news 50 before posting. <smirks> Is it safe to assume that the very large backpacks cannot be made with fabrics then? If not then would it be possible to introduce a random exceptional woven fabric so that we don't have to have pelt backpacks to have big backpacks?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject:

When you skin something you have a chance to get an "exceptional" skin. Use all exceptional skins in a tailoring process, and you get an exceptional item. For containers, that means more capacity.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
TienaRhyker

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Trevor, that was what I gathered from reading news 50. Should have read it before posting, but confirmation is always appreciated by me.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject:

TienaRhyker wrote:
Is it safe to assume that the very large backpacks cannot be made with fabrics then?

from my own perspective, you can make a backpack to hold everything you'll ever need out of woven fabrics. exceptional backpacks do hold more, but part of me wonders when anyone would have to hold that much.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject:

It's fun to hide in your own 151-pound backpack.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » news 50
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: