Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Random Things
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » Random Things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Random Things

Boredom strikes, and I thought I'd breathe some new life into this board. Love me, yet?

1. Performers are going to be able to weave magical stuffs into their songs, or so it's been stated. Could we get some preliminary list?

2. Would it be possible to use regular Performer-only magic to aid in their performances (ie. increase their dance skill, increase acrobatics skill, etc.)?

3. Will Performers be able to use some kind of Disguise ability to enhance their performance? An example off the top of my head would be to make themselves appear as mimes. Of course, I think this'd really be more of an Illusion based ability, which would really add another layer and more depth to this guild than besides simple bums on the corner playing their instruments for spare change.

4. Do we have consent to kill Performers if they decide to walk around as mimes?

5. Athletics are triple-trainable by performers, so I wonder.. what will this skill actually effect? Is it going to effect one's actual ability to play racial games and the like.. or is it going to be some catch-all skill (which really wouldn't make sense, given that the name limits its use fairly well)?

6. Would Performers have some bonus if they were to be taught another language? I believe somewhere it was stated that languages would be able to be taught to other races over a LONG period of studying.. and if this is true, I think Performers (and Bureaucrats) should get some of the time shaved off. They're people of the people, yanno, and they're going to need to know how to conform to any group of patrons.

7. Going back to number one, would most of their "spells" be offensive, defensive, or utility-like (ie. weaken the enemy's abilities, fear-causing, etc)? Skip this question during answering if a list is given in reply to number 1. Heh.

8. Acrobatics. Will this effect anything else other than, say, backflip.. tumble.. etc? I think Trevor mentioned somewhere that it had some use in combat or something, but I'm not sure. This question really belongs in the General Discussion folder, but since it's triple-trainable by Performers.. why not?

9. Repair. Will they have a bonus to repairing instruments over the other classes, or will they be on par with everyone else?

10. Will Performers eventually (in case it's not ready by release) be able to construct their own instruments?

--William, ending the list before someone smites him
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject:

1. Performers are going to be able to weave magical stuffs into their songs, or so it's been stated. Could we get some preliminary list?

-- Sorry, a list hasn't even been created yet, unfortunately. But, I think it wil be a very mixed bag of abilities.

2. Would it be possible to use regular Performer-only magic to aid in their performances (ie. increase their dance skill, increase acrobatics skill, etc.)?

-- Very likely, though they already have a huge bonus as performers.

3. Will Performers be able to use some kind of Disguise ability to enhance their performance? An example off the top of my head would be to make themselves appear as mimes. Of course, I think this'd really be more of an Illusion based ability, which would really add another layer and more depth to this guild than besides simple bums on the corner playing their instruments for spare change.

-- Maybe. I know Shase is fond of some similar concepts.

4. Do we have consent to kill Performers if they decide to walk around as mimes?

-- See post regarding Alteri on an open fire.

5. Athletics are triple-trainable by performers, so I wonder.. what will this skill actually effect? Is it going to effect one's actual ability to play racial games and the like.. or is it going to be some catch-all skill (which really wouldn't make sense, given that the name limits its use fairly well)?

-- Athletics covers running, jumping, sports, and so on. It'll be factored in various feats, games, and obstacles.

6. Would Performers have some bonus if they were to be taught another language? I believe somewhere it was stated that languages would be able to be taught to other races over a LONG period of studying.. and if this is true, I think Performers (and Bureaucrats) should get some of the time shaved off. They're people of the people, yanno, and they're going to need to know how to conform to any group of patrons.

-- Specifics on learning languages have not been nailed down. We were tossing ideas around. Performers may get some form of bonus, but Bureaucrats are first in line for this particular item.

7. Going back to number one, would most of their "spells" be offensive, defensive, or utility-like (ie. weaken the enemy's abilities, fear-causing, etc)? Skip this question during answering if a list is given in reply to number 1. Heh.

-- I'm guessing mostly utility, with some of the other two, but it's not as of yet determined.

8. Acrobatics. Will this effect anything else other than, say, backflip.. tumble.. etc? I think Trevor mentioned somewhere that it had some use in combat or something, but I'm not sure. This question really belongs in the General Discussion folder, but since it's triple-trainable by Performers.. why not?

-- Some special combat maneuevers will use acrobatics, and in some cases it could be useful for overcoming obstacles.

9. Repair. Will they have a bonus to repairing instruments over the other classes, or will they be on par with everyone else?

-- Performers have a bonus to repair musical instruments, yes.

10. Will Performers eventually (in case it's not ready by release) be able to construct their own instruments?

-- At some point, yes.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » Random Things
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: