FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
A Debate on the Roleplay Skills of Kit, et al.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » A Debate on the Roleplay Skills of Kit, et al.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: A Debate on the Roleplay Skills of Kit, et al.

What? You pretty much asked for it.

I'm not going to say that I'm some roleplaying authority, but I didn't want to keep a topic derailed.

Kit wrote:
With the lack of being able to find parts now that enough people -- including me -- complained that they were coming up too much, stocking up is the best way I can think of to be prepared for when gadgets do actually come out. And I think I roleplay fine. It's better the the 'gotta kill people' or relationship drama that permiates the air.

What makes your particular brand of RP better than those? I've never met Kit, so I don't know what makes him so fantastic and different, but just because you're different doesn't mean you're better. I mean, hell, Vhen's different. Tulkun, for everybody that remembers him/her (forgot), was different. I don't think we're "better" because of it, though, and I don't think you are either. Plus, by separating Kit and everyone else who partakes in the killing/fucking drama, you come off as an elitist, and elitist roleplayers suck.

I'd also like to address these weak-ass excuses that I've been seeing. Just because you spend 3 minutes thinking of how to, in an in-character way, do something that may be targeted as abuse or OOC doesn't make it that. That's all I have to say about that.

(edit for typos)

Last edited by SolitaryTurnip on Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Thumbs up, Compadre Turnip.

And, Kit, you brought up in the other thread that you're not the only person to have ever abused the mailing system. So what? Does that make it right? If everyone went out and killed someone, does that make murder right? An extreme comparison, but effective.

You were even brilliant enough to say that you did it. Then clarify that you were roleplaying between Kit and his cousin. Then when Yaru brought up that it was system abuse, and you realized you were going to be in deep shit, decided to generate a bevy of "technician slaves" to hold all of Kit's stuff. Seriously, did you think that was going to fly?

I'm not saying that you need to be punished or officially sanctioned or anything, but why can't you just own up to it? You know you're raping the system and just using roleplay as a cheap condom. Admit it and let us move on.

--William

PS: Not really roleplay-y, more player-y, but whatever.

[Edit for typos]

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points

Last edited by Brokyn on Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Double thumbs up.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject:

While I don't particularly like the player of Kit, I don't think it's fair to single her out. Plenty of other people use a semblance of RP to justify all sorts of idiotic actions. You could easily substitute a dozen names into this thread and have it be just as semi-valid as it is now.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Yay for rape.

And for another thread about me! Whoo!

And no Tylen, this thread is about me. Keep it on topic.

Trevor: Was I going to be in deep shit? I just want some clarification before I listen to the voice of William, AKA Board God.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/

Last edited by Kit on Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
While I don't particularly like the player of Kit, I don't think it's fair to single her out. Plenty of other people use a semblance of RP to justify all sorts of idiotic actions. You could easily substitute a dozen names into this thread and have it be just as semi-valid as it is now.

She did ask for it, but if you want to discuss other people's roleplaying skills, list these names.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject:

I assumed Vhen's title, "...of Kit, et al", included Kit and everyone else that use roleplay as a way to skirt admitting system abuses (and other not-so-awesome things).

I sure have been assuming a lot of things lately. Hmm.

By the way, Kit, Trevor isn't the only one that can throw you into deep shit. So to speak. Your peers can, too. And even though you probably wouldn't consider me -- or anyone else you don't like, for that matter -- a peer, the collective opinion of a group can go a long way within a society.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject:

up until reading the boards i honestly didnt know that kit is female .

unless im posting on the ooc part of the boards or i am replying to someone who has stated their rl name /gender/sex i do try keep the character and the rp part of their persona in mind when posting.

as for not rping kits character well ... how many of us do rp well?

how many would be quests or rp events have gone down in flames because one or some of us have not rplayed appropriately?

fair enough if we don't like someones rplaying would it not be best to offer suggestion privately on how they may be able to improve ?

sorry if this posting is offensive to anyone but i think we all need to stop flaming boards and improve the environment of HR by approaching each other in a mature way Smile
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
up until reading the boards i honestly didnt know that kit is female .

unless im posting on the ooc part of the boards or i am replying to someone who has stated their rl name /gender/sex i do try keep the character and the rp part of their persona in mind when posting.

as for not rping kits character well ... how many of us do rp well?

how many would be quests or rp events have gone down in flames because one or some of us have not rplayed appropriately?

fair enough if we don't like someones rplaying would it not be best to offer suggestion privately on how they may be able to improve ?

sorry if this posting is offensive to anyone but i think we all need to stop flaming boards and improve the environment of HR by approaching each other in a mature way Smile

Thank you Dreggie. But if they get their fun doing this, then let them. It only speaks bad about themselves and no about anyone else. I know a lot of people here like me and a lot of people like Kit and the other characters I play. The people that call me Elitist are Elitist themselves and that's fine. It's why they all stick together and get into little flamer parties. I had taken this seriously once until I talked to a few people and realized it's only a small group that constantly hound me and hound other players. Everyone else is civil. So let them talk themselves out. It's no skin off of my nose. Besides, it's entertaining and everyone that reads the boards gets to see just how these people behave.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shalpa

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject:

For the most part, I'm going to 'speak' generally and not direct this post to any individual or group of people. Something to keep in mind when I use "you" in a sentence.

I agree with Dreggie. If you think someone's being ooc, then approach them privately and discuss it like adults. Trying to weed through all the flames for any sign of intelligent comment gets very tiring.

If you don't like the WAY someone is RPing their character, and you have an issue with that character's personality, then frankly that's YOUR problem, and you need to deal with it in an IC way, or don't deal with it at all and leave it be.

I know something about Kit's player, because we've bothered to get to know each other a little as people out of the game. I also know something about Kit, because I have been RPing with him pretty constantly since Zap's inception. There is a distinct difference in Kit's personality and his player's. When Kit is in the game, Kit's player IS in character.

Unless stated otherwise, these boards are not in-character, and therefore, any posts by players should not be construed as posts by the characters that they play, and similarly, any differences on the boards should NOT be taken to the character in-game. THAT is OOC.

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject, because frankly, all this bitching hurts my eyes.

"What happens if I..."

***BBZZZZZTTT!!!***

"...Oh."
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I'll go ahead and say that I haven't interacted with Kit, the character, more than five times. Partly because the first few times he didn't suit my character's taste in people. Partly because I, the player, didn't want to deal with him. So I cannot speak on anything involving the actual roleplaying skills of Kit's player. So I won't try.

But when I "hear" her blatantly admit that she's essentially abusing the mailing system's infinite-bin setup for the sake of a few more gadgets, and then roll that up in a thin layer of roleplay... well, to me, that doesn't speak well of her ability to roleplay at all.

Really, this thread's title is probably a little misleading. I want to say that Vhen meant this to be a discussion about the aforementioned instance, since Kit kept complained about us derailing her thread and wouldn't comment on the issue, but what do I know?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
and wouldn't comment on the issue

Ooooh...so you just want me to try and start some more drama? I think I'll leave that up to you guys since you three seem to be having issues about it.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject:

It's not drama if you're explaining your actions. Really, all you're doing is causing more drama. I doubt this thread would've been generated had you just admitted to abusing the mail system.

--William

PS: I'll be making a pretty long-winded post in a few minutes. So this will probably be edited.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points

Last edited by Brokyn on Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
It's not drama if you're explaining your actions.

--William

PS: I'll be making a pretty long-winded post in a few minutes. So this will probably be edited.

Soon as I explain them, you'll just say I'm defending myself. You people need to make up your minds. I don't need to explain myself to people like you. Sorry, you're not a majority in this game even if you have a large presense on the boards.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I seriously doubt that I've ever said anything about you defending yourself.

Hell, the only instances that I can recall off-hand of anyone ever saying that to you were when someone made a joke (that probably was not even directed toward you) and you took offense.

--William

PS: Looks like this one will be edited instead of the one above. If Kit doesn't reply again.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points

Last edited by Brokyn on Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » A Debate on the Roleplay Skills of Kit, et al.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: