FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
room marker for stealthy ones
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » room marker for stealthy ones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: room marker for stealthy ones

this stems from the fact that i ended up running into a room daedalus was fighting stealth-style in...

while i know its slightly illogical to have, it would be cool if agents (and perhaps trackers) had some kind of item that could leave in a room (that only they could pick up) to show that they're hunting in it.

i just don't want to always have to ask if someone is hunting in a room i dash into. i'd rather just see the card, know what it means, and move on.
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject:

Heh. I have that happen from the reverse side sometimes. sniping and someone will walk in and waste my target. Might be nice, but would definitely have to be a optional thing, otherwise completely negate the "stealth" idea when PvP is back out.

Sean

Shocked
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject:

well, yeah, it's up to the agent or tracker to put it down.

i just hate dashing in and stealing kills, so i'd rather there be a way available for someone in hiding to tell me they're in there hunting.

right now my only option is to ask if anyone is there and wait for a possible reply. and that can be sorta bad if big things are mad at me.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject:

Pen and paper, maybe?

Or do you mean a marker what would follow them, or something?
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject:

a card or something would work well, but i'm wondering if something that can stand out (and possibly be coded to show up with yellow text or red texto r something) and only able to be picked up by the person who dropped it would be possible, so people don't just go around snatching them for fun.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
a card or something would work well, but i'm wondering if something that can stand out (and possibly be coded to show up with yellow text or red texto r something) and only able to be picked up by the person who dropped it would be possible, so people don't just go around snatching them for fun.

Neon orange hunting flag.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject:

Maybe instead of an item there could be a verb. Something that would leave a quick design in the ground (assuming you're outdoors; I don't know what can be done indoors) that may or may not be different for either profession.

You also see several lines scratched into the dirt.

That way you don't have to worry about items being picked up. And this could wear off if either the Agent/Tracker leaves the room or after 5-10 minutes (based on level, hah!).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Maybe instead of an item there could be a verb. Something that would leave a quick design in the ground (assuming you're outdoors; I don't know what can be done indoors) that may or may not be different for either profession.

You also see several lines scratched into the dirt.

That way you don't have to worry about items being picked up. And this could wear off if either the Agent/Tracker leaves the room or after 5-10 minutes (based on level, hah!).

--William

that sounds sweet, too.
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject:

Code:

Maybe chalk lines

Sean

Shocked
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject:

This could actually open up several other avenues for non-verbal communication.

I'm not sure what the MARK verb is used for, but it exists, so I'm going to build off that. All of these are assuming outdoor environments. So, these are probably more Tracker oriented

>MARK ROOM DANGER
You see a set of jagged lines scrawled into the ground.

--This would be for noting room-based traps or anything else that might be dangerous. Afterall, they'd be up the discretion of the user.

>MARK ROOM HUNT
You see several parallel lines scratched into the ground.

--This would be for noting that the Tracker/Agent is hunting from the shadows. Goes away if Tracker/Agent leaves the room.

>MARK ROOM ...

..Yeah, so I can't think of anymore. I bet someone else could, though.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject:

heck, might as well make it amusing for all.

just add a graffiti system.

anyone can TAG ROOM. it adds a mark to that room that shows someone was there. make it allow more designs based on, like, drawing skill or something. the min duration can be like 5 minutes, with one minute added per 10 ranks of drawing.

to add to that, the more drawing you have, the more types of marks you can make.

completely fluff based use for the skill, which right now has no purpose at all.

or have it use painting skill. whatever.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
heck, might as well make it amusing for all.

just add a graffiti system.

anyone can TAG ROOM. it adds a mark to that room that shows someone was there. make it allow more designs based on, like, drawing skill or something. the min duration can be like 5 minutes, with one minute added per 10 ranks of drawing.

to add to that, the more drawing you have, the more types of marks you can make.

completely fluff based use for the skill, which right now has no purpose at all.

or have it use painting skill. whatever.

Yeah, was going to say basically that.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject:

Oh, you're the genius in the family, Yaru.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject:

As an agent if you come in my room and attack my kill, Im not going to go apeshit, if you stick around after I make myself known, I might get a lil annoyed. If you happen to make the killing blow when you rush in, ohh well theres another around the corner. Hunting stealthy I know its going to happen occasionally. Myself though when I come in a room I generally pause, not long but pause, usually. Atleast when I first come to an area, I tend to move faster when it seems I am the only one hunting the area.
Our stealth attacks dont take terribly long, atleast once your skilled enough to hide quickly.

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject:

This is my response: ...
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » room marker for stealthy ones
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: