FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
More stuff...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » More stuff...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: More stuff...

More stuff.

Yes, I know some of this stuff is highly unlikely. They’re just thoughts. You can comment freely with your opinions, as long as you can do so in a calm manner. If that’s not asking too much. With that said, lets get started!

Firstly, I’d like to address some things for a few professions.

Technicians:

Okay, with gadgets coming out, I’d like to make a few gadget suggestions.

Packrat Robot: This could help with carrying items while hunting. I think GSIII had something where you could summon a sphere or something that held items. I really don’t remember, but I think it would be neat to have something like this to cut back on weight when hunting. Filling it with too much weight may cause it to break, though ... besides the repairs it’ll need from time-to-time. Upgrades could maybe include terrain, weight increase, durability, and armor. (Maybe critters could think of them as a threat and occasionally attack them.)

Battle Bots: Made just for entertainment, Technicians could build robots and have them battle in an arena. Upgrades would include, armor, weapons, etc... Learning how to build them would call for finding blueprints. Some being better than others and more scarce, and the chance of that really rare one. Maybe have learn-able techniques (kind of like stances) also find-able. I wouldn’t want this to be where only higher leveled Technicians would be able to win. I think it would call for techniques, skills, and the robot it’s self.

Hover boards: Back to the Future style. Just an item for fun.

Tattoo Guns: See Artisan section.

Artisans:

Adding to store bought items: I think it would be cool if Artisans could add to store bought items, making them more unique. Also, being able to tear apart clothing and other things to get material to work with. Along with a larger number of things to embroider, letters, numbers, people, etc.

Scrap Art: Being a big fan of random crap tossed together and other forms of odd art, I’d like to see Artisans with the ability to make this kind of stuff. Maybe Artisans can be the interior decorators of Haelrahv someday. They could help with making different sorts of home decorations, wall painting, murals, or just come and fling neon paint all over your walls.

Weapon Etching: The ability to do simple, yet nice markings or etching on weapons, blades, handles, and what have you.

Tattoos: I know, I know ... Permanent tattoos are only GM given, but at least take in the thought about allowing Artisans to do permanent tattoos. With limits of course, number of player-done tattoos you can have and a limit on the creativity of them. Maybe having the list of things you can get done set up similar to how catalogues are. So you could come out with something like this...

Code:
Daedalus DeVries has a tattoo of a spiraling black snake on his left forearm.

Also, have sketch books/tattoo design books, similar to the spellbooks. Box-found pages and designs for Artisans to study and learn.

– Tattoo guns: Now, having to be Technician made and being one-time use items, they would be semi-rare, well the blueprints at least. Maybe after being used, the blueprints blow away to be found another day. Technicians needing the blueprint in order to make one, though. Every time. Lets just say they’re forgetful. Or, the blueprints being rare, and Technicians only needing to find them once, along with one of main components being semi-rare.

Branding Stamps: See Medic section.

Medics:

Scaring and Branding: As much as I hate to bring up the realism thing, its not hard to burn or cut yourself in a fashionable way. Then why suggest this being Medic only? Since they have medical know-how and the release of surgery soon, they’d know places not to cut and what not. Similar to the tattoo suggestion, simple designs. Things like letter shapes, moon-shaped, animal-shaped, etc... brands and scars. Like so...

Code:
Daedalus DeVries has an X-shaped scar on his right forearm.

Also, scars having a choice in color... white or red.

– Branding Stamps: Having to be Artisan made by bending metals to make wire frames and stuff. Example,

Code:
You carefully and slowly shape an iron pole into a moon-shaped branding stamp.

Something more detailed than that of course, but I don’t feel like putting too much thought into it.

Now onto the random thought section of this post.

Fire first, because fire is fun...

I want to be able to toss thing in fires and watch them burn! Also, a cool thing for Trackers, and other bow using people ... Flame arrows. Find a nice camping spot, build a fire, and wait for something to come along...

Code:
>light arrow
You hold an arrow over a burning campfire and thoroughly light the tip on fire.

>load bow
You load your bow with a flaming arrow.

>fire guard
You hit the guard, he bursts into flames and starts to stop, drop, and roll. You laugh, the guards still on fire. You repeat the process, the guard dies.

Fun, fun!

Wandering trainers: Lets make ‘em trackable! Just for those lazy people who claim they’ve looked everywhere and have to ask.

Graffiti and Turf markings: With the games population do to increase eventually, I hope more groups or orders will be formed. Maybe they can even get their own bases which could be subjected to turf wars or other conflicts between groups. Evil groups overrunning good group bases, then the good guys taking their turf back. Or whatever. At least it would be better than some of the current conflicts that come up in the game.

Comm Channels: Yeah, yeah ... It comes up a lot. Yes, we have 25 whatever comm channels, but before adding some more, lets get rid of ... oh lets see, five? And change them to, auction, evil, good, and ... I don’t know. How about some help, guys? So not necessarily more comm channels, but maybe give a few a name change or something?

Brawling Bar: Somewhere, where we can go and toss each other around while drinking. Can’t get any better than breaking a bottle over someone’s head. Maybe something similar to the sparring grounds, but much harder to get knock unconscious. Attacking including, kick, punch, toss (being able to toss someone out, or across the room), elbow, bottle breaking. Make them more nifty than the regular attacks, though. Also! NPCs to beat on.

(End, for now.)

I apologize if any of this has been suggested before, I apologize if some of this stuff is way out of the question, I apologize if some of this stuff already exists, and I apologize if some of this doesn’t make sense. If not, ask and I can explain it better. Hell, I’m apologizing for things. The end of the world must be upon us. I'm not fully up-to-date with every single profession, so I don't know what they have, or have planned.

And ... I’m going to repeat this since some of you may have some weird rage building up inside of you while reading this and may have forgot what I said at the beginning...

Daedalus wrote:
You can comment freely with your opinions, as long as you can do so in a calm manner. If that’s not asking too much.

Lets try not to turn this into a mass argument. Please?
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject:

maybe hoverboards can give a levitation effect, or possibly raise evasion but lower balance.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: More stuff...

Droids already can hold stuff for us. I'd rather this stay tech-only. Otherwise, pretty cool suggestions!

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: More stuff...

Kit wrote:
Droids already can hold stuff for us. I'd rather this stay tech-only. Otherwise, pretty cool suggestions!

Yeah, but driods also do a lot of other things. I'm just thinking something small that could carry maybe 50-100 pounds, and would follow its owner around. That's it, though. I just want a pet robot, because they're so cool and they don't need to be feed.
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: More stuff...

Daedalus wrote:
Kit wrote:

Yeah, but driods also do a lot of other things. I'm just thinking something small that could carry maybe 50-100 pounds, and would follow its owner around. That's it, though. I just want a pet robot, because they're so cool and they don't need to be feed.

MADs (12 foot tall beauties) can only carry 36 pounds. Your idea is just a MAD without the bonus stuff. While I'm not against making pet robots (I even suggested it), giving away a tech perk isn't something I'd be willing to do.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: More stuff...

Kit wrote:
MADs (12 foot tall beauties) can only carry 36 pounds. Your idea is just a MAD without the bonus stuff. While I'm not against making pet robots (I even suggested it), giving away a tech perk isn't something I'd be willing to do.

Ah. Wasn't aware as to how much regular droids and stuff carried. Maybe I should do my homework next time.
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject:

There's some pretty good ideas in there. Very Happy
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: More stuff...

Kit wrote:

I hesitate to say this, because it will probably cause the whole thread to derail, but it's not really a tech perk. Psionics have spirit servants. Those are basically MADs minus the bonuses (well, since they came first, MADs are just spirit servants with bonuses). I don't see what would be so bad about allowing the rest of the population something that could tow their luggage for them. Limit them to 20 pounds or so and it shouldn't infringe too badly.

It would make a nice little gadget for you to construct, too. It wouldn't have to be sentient or anything; just a little robot that can follow its owner. All that'd really require is a little homing beacon or whatnot.

And Daedalus, that's some good stuff you've got there. I think the battle bots would be pretty awesome.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject:

I already suggested wrestling and or tackle moves for play as apposed to combat, for those that are bored and want to goof around but not actually fight. Maybe have it based on athletics and coordination as apposed to any of the other combat oriented skills. Of course theres always the fun mud wrestling too!

grapple
pin
headlock
scissors etc.....

ooooo and hair pulling too! hehe

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: More stuff...

Brokyn wrote:

I don't see what would be so bad about allowing the rest of the population something that could tow their luggage for them. Limit them to 20 pounds or so and it shouldn't infringe too badly.

Please see your posts on the tech boards about having technicians make things other guilds have by magical means. You can't flip flop on one thing and not another. External holding 'creatures' is a psionic and a tech thing. Maybe trackers will get animals to do it for them. I don't think it should be something that's across the boards or for every character. We techs don't have much.

Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: More stuff...

Brokyn wrote:
And Daedalus, that's some good stuff you've got there. I think the battle bots would be pretty awesome.

--William

Someone mentioned them before...and MADs will be the battle bots on a much grander scale when combat mode for droids comes online. Now THAT will be cool.

Though, building smaller versions to spar each other could be fun too.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject:

Those posts were geared toward things that are purely supernatural at the moment. I mean, come on, teleportation? I don't think that's supposed to be some everyday ability that everyone has ready access to. For this conversation we're discussing a little slave to carry a rather negligible amount of stuff. I really think that's comparing apples to oranges a little bit.

And I'm tired of people throwing "But my profession doesn't have much!" Number one, there's always going to be more down the road for everybody. Two, this phase is hardly the be-all-end-all demonstration of what every profession is going to be able to do in Live.

Besides, see how I noted that it'd be a nice little gadget thing for you technicians to craft? That alone means that it won't be all across the boards for everybody. You'd be able to control the population of said gadgets, to say nothing of just who has one, moreso if it's a higher-ended gadget.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Besides, see how I noted that it'd be a nice little gadget thing for you technicians to craft? That alone means that it won't be all across the boards for everybody. You'd be able to control the population of said gadgets, to say nothing of just who has one, moreso if it's a higher-ended gadget.

--William

I'm merely stating that I wouldn't sell something like that to people because I definately think having a holder-droid should stay tech-only. As for teleporters, look at sci-fi shows. Every one has some sort of device that can redistribute molecules...heck, even Willy Wonka can do it! That's not 'supernatural.' That's Sci-Fi.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject:

Yes, because the whole of Haelrahv has shown a penchant for following the modern thought of sci-fi so far. Right now, teleportion is pretty much just a supernatural thing.

Ugh. Sorry to derail your thread, Daedalus. Uhm. Do you have any ideas for Performers, perhaps?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject:

I want mules. Lots and lots of mules.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » More stuff...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: